• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#1 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

Looks like the Dino Magic and Mermaid Surprise lines must be doing well as March sees the release for the next wave of fizzable creatures from Moose.... Dragon Magic! No real details yet other than the listing on Wild Planet's webstore but I'm already excited!
-Barry

Dragon Magic

Posted Image

#2 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:35 PM

Looks much cooler than Dino Magic. And yes there are a ton of fizzing toys lately. I saw some cool MArvel ones at K-mart today called zizzinglers or something

#3 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:11 PM

Oh. Oh my. Yes, i'm going to need these.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#4 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

Looks much cooler than Dino Magic. And yes there are a ton of fizzing toys lately. I saw some cool MArvel ones at K-mart today called zizzinglers or something

Did they look decent? I haven't happened upon any of the Marvel ones yet. Were they solid one iece figures and how much were they? There's a K-Mart about half an hour away from me but it might be worth a trip if the figs are cool.
-Barry

#5 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:33 PM

Did they look decent? I haven't happened upon any of the Marvel ones yet. Were they solid one iece figures and how much were they? There's a K-Mart about half an hour away from me but it might be worth a trip if the figs are cool.
-Barry

I didn't buy any. At the k-mart I was at they were 5.99 normal price but $4 on sale. The hulk one looked really cool. I'm not sure if every k-mart would have them. This was a ghetto k-mart anyway. I saw some on eBay though. According to eBay they are from 2005 so = /. I told you it was a ghetto k-mart.
Here is an auction with a picture of one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...s_promot_widget

Sorry for the thread hi-jacking :ph34r: :notme:

Edited by Nachoz God of Metal, 19 January 2008 - 10:33 PM.

#6 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:06 PM

Sorry for the thread hi-jacking :ph34r: :notme:

Haha, it's cool man..... DRAGON MAGIC! DRAGON MAGIC! DRAGON MAGIC!!!

...see! Right back on track! :lol:
-Barry

Edited by lhssenior, 19 January 2008 - 11:07 PM.

#7 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

Great......Ill have to get all these now.... :notme:

At least they look cool. Hopefully they will all be really cool not just some of them.
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

I hope that with the flexibility of being nonexistent creatures, these will be much improved from the Dino Magic sculpts (and I like those!). The sample figure pictured already looks neat.

Fingers crossed for some kind of hydra!

#9 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:06 PM

So i went over to Wal-Mart tonight, hoping to find some leftover Dino Magics, and they're finally out. :( However, what did i see on the peg full of Mermaid Surprise figures? That's right, Dragon Magic. :) A bit ahead of schedule, it seems. The price tag on the peg now reads "Dino/Dragon Magic". Oddly enough though, they only had two of the Dragons. These Moose lines must be more popular than i'd thought! Anyway, i got the two they had. Both commons, but they're pretty cool. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of deviation in sculpts...nothing beyond your standard four-legs one-head European dragon. I scanned the cards though, and if you'll look up at the top there seems to be one figure that will be of particular interest. That little guy's gonna cost me a lot of money, i can feel it already....

Posted Image
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

The lack of innovation is disappointing, but I like the smaller size of the series and only one Ultra Rare.

#11 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

That top tier of Dragons is also "Ultra Rare" though, for a total of 5. They just seem to have left out the "Uncommon" designation this time. :)

The smaller set size is nice though. 28 more of these guys would've just been too much, i'm not even done with the Dinos yet!

I also forgot to mention something. You can't tell from the card drawings, obviously, but both of my dragons have translucent wings. I'm not 100% sure how i feel about it. They're cool, but it makes the change at the joints kind of abrupt. Other than that everything is about on par with Dino Magic, as far as sculpt and paint quality.

Edited by Scumdogg, 29 January 2008 - 09:14 PM.

A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#12 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

I read somewhere that they are doing an Alien Magic line as well.

#13 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

I read somewhere that they are doing an Alien Magic line as well.

What's scary is that by the time it's all said and done i'm going to have funneled more money into Moose on "eh, why not" toylines than i've spent on any of the lines i actually collect for serious. :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#14 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:32 AM

We need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Im gonna have a go at Target later today! Hopefully Ill find some. :(
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#15 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:05 AM

We need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

Of course, what was i thinking?!? Here ya go. :D

Posted Image
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#16 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:18 AM

Sweet! I didnt realize the wings were separate parts too! I cant wait to go get some. Are the eggs the same size as the dino magic ones?

Also, did anyone else notice the special "dragon hunter" you can get as well?
Posted Image

#17 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

Sweet! I didnt realize the wings were separate parts too! I cant wait to go get some. Are the eggs the same size as the dino magic ones?

Also, did anyone else notice the special "dragon hunter" you can get as well?

I pointed out the Dragon Hunter when i posted the card back. :D

And yeah, the eggs are the same size. I don't have to pack up my volcano after all! <_<
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#18 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:37 AM

Wow, what awesome news to get the same day I finished up my Dino Magic set. Talk about timing! <_<
-Barry

#19 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:39 AM

I know....I know...... I missed it the first read through (cause I was so excited to see dragons I guess) and didnt see it until after I posted. Then the site was acting weird and wouldnt let me go back and edit the post. <_<
Posted Image

#20 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:55 AM

Wow, what awesome news to get the same day I finished up my Dino Magic set. Talk about timing! <_<
-Barry

Heh, at least you had time to finish it. I still need seven more.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#21 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

This site's always acting weird, with its various hiccups and whatnot. One of the most surprising things I noticed when I came back most recently.

Congrats Barry! I hadn't realized you were able to finally score that Ornitholestes. And I owe you some feedback. <_<

Not sure how I missed the Ice Dragons were UR. Bad eyesight I guess. It's still not too bad given the overall collection's size.

#22 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

Well none of these at the Walmart or Target closest to me so it looks like I'll probably have to wait to get started on collecting these guys. That and the fact that other than the one link on WildPlanet's website, I still can't find so much as a mention of these guys anywhere else on the web. Way to go on the marketing as usual Moose <_<
-Barry

edit: The single eggs are now available for the Wild Planet store but $6 + shipping each = yikes!

Edited by lhssenior, 30 January 2008 - 12:43 PM.

#23 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

No dice for me either.... :unsure: I was so depressed that they didnt have any I bought some picture frames instead (I actually needed them, but still).
Posted Image

#24 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

Anyone else spot these anywhere yet? I'm still coming up empty unfortunately.
-Barry

#25 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

I'm guessing Scumdogg's sighting was a fluke, but it's hard to know for sure. Interesting that the Wild Planet site has a release date of March for the set of 12 eggs. Maybe they're not shipping to most stores until around then.

EDIT: Duh. Barry said March in the first post. Guess not enough stores have jumped on ordering these, yet.

Edited by Boaconda, 05 February 2008 - 08:55 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com