6 replies to this topic

#1 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:05 PM

I've had it for a couple weeks, and every time I look at it, I think how much better the original was......

and while I didn't even HAVE the original, my friends did......

armed with this, and the pics from www.unicron.com I decided to do a bit of creative customizing......

since the wings kinda stick out (the pegs that attach 'em to the sides are too long, therefore the wings don't set flush to the fusilage), I started there.....no problem, a simple file job, and it was done......

next, I decided to focus on the missles (since these were the only real thing left)

Starscream comes with two types of missle, type one, are supposed to be flush with the launcher, giving the appearance of a bomb, type two, are for the transformed mode, and are supposed to give the appearance of lasers.....

only type two fit snugly in the launcher, type one are two inches too long.....

so, taking the type one missles, and laying them side-by-side with the type two, I made a mark on the 'stem' of each type one missle, and cut 'em in half....

I then cut a 1 3/4" section out of the middle, filed everything smooth, and superglued 'em back together, the truncated missles work perfectly, and look just like an original......

I then painted his eyes gold (something the manufacturer neglected to do for some reason).....

all said and done, the conversions are necessary to make it look authentic....the only difference now, between the reissue and the original are the copyright dates......

#2 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:44 PM

neat, i did a similair fix on an old gi joe, it sounds easy but a lot of times it can make you tear your hair out!
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#3 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 05:42 PM

What's the point of posting about the mod if ya don't show it?!?!?!?

:woot:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#4 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 09:26 AM

many apologies, but the mod can't be shown, due to the fact that my digital camera is on the fritz.......

I can try to borrow a friend's, but It might take a couple days.....

#5 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 06:44 PM

I have my Skywarp, Starscream and Thundercracker on my desk right now and honestly don't care for the US reissues so for. God Ginrai is tempting (that's that Powermaster Optimus Prime with the longarse name) but scary about the modifications for the dumb us standards now (short smokestacks, sheesh no truck today looks like that)

Now Jazz, Bluestreak (Silverstreak now) and Prowl are on my to get list. Jazz being my first TF and he died a horrible death, same with Prowl but just hope Jazz is a better reissue then the Japanese one. (legs were really loose)

#6 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 11:05 PM

Feh, I thought the deaths in TF:TM were amazingly done.......

it showed the cruelty of Megatron, something we didn't see much in the series.......

#7 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 04:05 AM

Hey Taichi
awhile ago i had won a lot of muscle men on ebay from a guy called
John Spangler
we got on pretty well and done a few more deals
now here's my point! which you may find interesting
he customized a Transformer , well virtually rebuilt one , he named it
steelskin i think
he also had a site dedicated to the making of this Transformer
but unfortunately i dont have the link or his email anymore , i do have his mailing address because i wrote it down , but i lost the other stuff when i
upgraded my outlook express.

i'll try find it for you and the other guys that are into transformers you'll love what he did.

i'm sure he'd be more than happy to help out others that wish to do something similar

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com