10 replies to this topic

#1 Jen2401

Jen2401

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

Hi. Can anyone identify this plastic Siamese cat? I believe he came in a playset(What I want to know is which playset.), but he's the only cat from it I can find. I do, however, remember that there was a white, long-haired cat with yellow eyes. The white cat stood on two legs kind of like it was trying to catch something. There was also a gray cat with brown stripes and blue eyes in a sitting position. That's about all I remember. Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:13 PM

Welcome to the LRG forums! Does your cat figure have any markings (like a company or copywrite date)?  What does it measure (height and/or width)?

Edited by steverotters, 19 March 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#3 Jen2401

Jen2401

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:12 AM

The cat measures 3.5 inches tall and 4.5 inches wide(measured lifted paw to tip of tail). On his belly, I found this:

CAT

MADE IN CHINA

B

Yes, the B is not perfectly centered for some reason. I figured that might be an important detail. (Or not. Idk. Just said it so it's out there I guess.)

Edited by Jen2401, 20 March 2015 - 03:13 AM.

#4 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:25 PM

Going by the eye shape this looks like a "Kitty in my pocket" toy.. Or a knockoff.
$_1.JPG
Is this your white longhair?

Edited by MantisFang, 20 March 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#5 Jen2401

Jen2401

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

That's very close. The eyes were yellow, though, and I believe the nose was brown. No pink in the ears, either. The cat was also in a slightly different position. I wonder if I could find a picture. I may have one somewhere.

#6 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

This guy shows a bunch of figures in a video. 

at about the 7 minute mark he shows a white cat holding up a hurt paw with yellow eyes and brown nose.

#7 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

So I guess that's it. Kitten/Kitty in my pocket.

That Siamese cat in the first pic must have been pretty rare because I couldnt find any other pics of it...

#8 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

KIMP are not 4.5 inches long and they would not have "CAT" imprinted on every figure (or any figure). I think she has something similar to Papo / Schleich, but probably far more generic. 

#9 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:47 PM

Papo/Shleich are also marked pretty well I thought.

#10 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

It is also not:

Safari Ltd

Kaiyodo Furuta

Breyer

#11 Jen2401

Jen2401

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

It didn't look like the cat in the video.

I found pictures of the white cat I took awhile back. I didn't take them with the intention of IDing it, so they might not be the best pictures for it. I guess they're better than nothing.

Front View                                                         Side View

Attached File  cat.jpg   13.47K   3 downloads                              Attached File  cat2.jpg   11.49K   2 downloads

Edited by Jen2401, 26 March 2015 - 01:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cat, siamese, figure, plastic, playset, from playset

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com