• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 BattleChick41

BattleChick41

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast, Laser Beast, custom beast .... anything at all Battle beast!!!

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

Hello, 

this is my first official post.  I actually feel like i may have just purchased something that may be unseen.  I have been threw all of the different part of this site and learned so much about battle beast and laser beast.  And finally I feel like i may have purchased something that may be special

So with out any more ado here are the five battle beast i just purchased and i am waiting so patiently to hold in my hands

Attached Files

#2 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

I like these. Can we get more zoomed in pictures? And pictures of the back and feet. I am curious about them, Anyone else seen these before?

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Could be just customs. Hope to see some better pictures soon!
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Those are not customs, I´m preparing a post about them which I´ll get up later next week or so.

Currently doing some more research about their history. 

I got a few last week;

Attached File  IMG_20140625_170128.jpg   90.21K   69 downloads

They´re Bestias de Combate bootlegs from Spain, more info will follow when I´ve managed to get some facts checked.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#5 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Then I definitely need some!
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

Love those paint apps

#7 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

i've seen them a few days ago on ebay, they are ugly !

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#8 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

I think they look gorgeous lol its like someone microwaved them before they packaged them!

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#9 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

I have to agree with trumanshower on this one, those are some rough looking figures. 

and what's with all of the "new" bootleg stuff showing up recently? 

#10 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

I have to agree with trumanshower on this one, those are some rough looking figures. 

and what's with all of the "new" bootleg stuff showing up recently? 

I think its because Ebay added like 20 countries to paypal. I think thats where it is coming from.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#11 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

I didn't know that, but neither the mystery bootlegs that Grapp posted about recently nor the Indonesians came from eBay, right?

And BdC are coming from Spain, which I'm pretty sure has had Paypal for a while no?

#12 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

I didn't know that, but neither the mystery bootlegs that Grapp posted about recently nor the Indonesians came from eBay, right?

And BdC are coming from Spain, which I'm pretty sure has had Paypal for a while no?

I have no idea lol I only know that the paypal adjustment was between European and African countries. They are supposed to be adding countries every year now.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#13 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

Think its a big coincidence those showed up all at once at its not unlikely that my first post about the Indonesian ones did trigger a few others to come over the bridge..... 

I actually did find those Spanish Bootlegs in almost the same week as I found the Indonesian ones but there´s no relation to them obviously as they´re both from completely other parts from the world and I found them in different ways as well. Can´t talk for our Russian friend but those Indonesian ones were not and probably never will be on Ebay, guess those New Bootlegs grappp posted about showed up on the Russian forum if I understood correctly. We shouldn´t underestimate that Russian forum because there´s a lot going on we haven´t heard of or know about before as they´ve had their complete own and distinct history when it comes to BB.

The reason I didn´t mention these yet, unlike the Indonesian ones of which I had the story cleared pretty easily as far as that was possible under the circumstance I found them in, is that it is pretty important to get the story about these BDC bootlegs straight right away because I have the feeling that this might´ve been a one time find of some new old stock and the moment that gate is closed again we´ll never be able to trace back either their origin or their story. So this search and fact checking is what´s been holding me back from posting about those yet.......

I´m not sure what and if the Paypal connection has had something to do but if I understand correctly Ebay is automatically connection the different Ebay sites from around the world together while searching on Ebay.com!? If that´s true that would be a major advantage for most collectors and it would save a lot of time checking individual Ebay sites from different countries for the real diggers so guess that´s only positive news.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#14 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Think its a big coincidence those showed up all at once at its not unlikely that my first post about the Indonesian ones did trigger a few others to come over the bridge..... 

I actually did find those Spanish Bootlegs in almost the same week as I found the Indonesian ones but there´s no relation to them obviously as they´re both from completely other parts from the world and I found them in different ways as well. Can´t talk for our Russian friend but those Indonesian ones were not and probably never will be on Ebay, guess those New Bootlegs grappp posted about showed up on the Russian forum if I understood correctly. We shouldn´t underestimate that Russian forum because there´s a lot going on we haven´t heard of or know about before as they´ve had their complete own and distinct history when it comes to BB.

The reason I didn´t mention these yet, unlike the Indonesian ones of which I had the story cleared pretty easily as far as that was possible under the circumstance I found them in, is that it is pretty important to get the story about these BDC bootlegs straight right away because I have the feeling that this might´ve been a one time find of some new old stock and the moment that gate is closed again we´ll never be able to trace back either their origin or their story. So this search and fact checking is what´s been holding me back from posting about those yet.......

I´m not sure what and if the Paypal connection has had something to do but if I understand correctly Ebay is automatically connection the different Ebay sites from around the world together while searching on Ebay.com!? If that´s true that would be a major advantage for most collectors and it would save a lot of time checking individual Ebay sites from different countries for the real diggers so guess that´s only positive news.

What might help us more is ebay.uk or ebay.fr . Is there an ebay thats for spain only? Scratch what I said. I get nothing for all three.

Edited by thenerdieststore, 02 July 2014 - 12:39 PM.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#15 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

i've find that photoof a keychain last year, maybe it's from this same bootleg line ??

Attached Files

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#16 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

i've find that photoof a keychain last year, maybe it's from this same bootleg line ??

That´s the first figure that came to my mind the moment I saw the first pics of these as well but this keychain showed up in France while these are from Spain. 

Personally I also felt like the quality of this keychain was in a little lower degree than those bootlegs shown here so I´ve even been considering that this keychain bootlegs was a bootleg made out of these bootlegs from Spain somehow. It feels as if there´s some connection but I couldn´t get it clarified due to the absence of any info on that keychain...... 

Was planning to include it in my post about these but its good someone else noticed the similarities as well ;) 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#17 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

All of those look hilarious and amazing. Hopefully the market gets flooded with these so we can all enjoy them instead of a select few :)

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#18 BattleChick41

BattleChick41

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast, Laser Beast, custom beast .... anything at all Battle beast!!!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

As soon as they arrive ill take better pictures from all angles of each figure.  Id love to find out more about them so id be more then happy to help.

#19 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

so to clarify is this a single lot we're discussing here? I got the impression that GJ has some or is about to get some too? this was an ebay auction correct?

#20 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:29 AM

man those spanish beasts are a bit choice!

can't see me going mad for those

bbb3.jpg

#21 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

so to clarify is this a single lot we're discussing here? I got the impression that GJ has some or is about to get some too? this was an ebay auction correct?

Well this is sort of correct, I was in touch with the seller before he listed only one set (*) of these on Ebay as it turns out he had found a few of these probably as new old stock. BattleChick got the lot from Ebay and I bought a few from the seller directly. So far it looks like these are all that showed up and its not likely more will come based on the stories so far. 

* Those 5 figures are the only different ones among these Bootlegs so far, I got 2 complete sets and a few extra loose figures of these but none was different that those 5. That said I´m still trying to look into those a bit deeper so there might be other variations of figures as well but this is what I know for now. As mentioned more will follow later on when I´ve some solid info to share about them, probably somewhere next week or so.  

man those spanish beasts are a bit choice!

can't see me going mad for those

They´re bootlegs so its not so strange to see their quality is not as good as the original beasts but its pretty interesting to see these showed up from Spain. 

You shouldn´t go mad on these anyway as there´re probably now much more around than the ones mentioned here, so pretty sure they will not bother you ;) 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#22 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

These look very familiar to the ones from here: http://www.toyarchiv...akes/Fakes.html

I meant the first section. If they are, then the chance of different colors is there.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#23 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

These look very familiar to the ones from here: http://www.toyarchiv...akes/Fakes.html

I meant the first section. If they are, then the chance of different colors is there.

Those first pictured on ToyArchive are Canadian Warmonsters so there´s no connection at all from that perspective the note about the possibility of a wider and greater variety is a logic result of the bootleg production back in the days since in some cases molds have been used in several ways with other colors/slightly adjusted etc. so this loose way of producing automatically resulted in a wider variety of bootleg figures. 

The Warmonsters, even though they´re bootlegs, seem to have gained their place in BB history as they´re pretty wanted and probably one of the more expensive bootlegs out there. 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#24 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

Yeah Warmonsters these are not :) Of the sizeable bootleg collection I have the two WMs are of the highest quality and remain some of my favorites

#25 BattleChick41

BattleChick41

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

It was a ebay auction yes,  I am not sure exactly how but i bought all five shown.  Each figure was its own auction.  And i believe GJ also purchased a set. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com