#1 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:39 PM

Hello,

I have been an avid collector of vintage toys for several years now. I am a member at numerous other furums such as this one. I know that this is a fairly new site, and has a good membership. However, I was wondering are Battle Beasts in general a rare toyline. I remember I had atleast 90% of the 1,2,3 series collection when I was a kid. Yet it seems that even the common Battle Beasts are not that common. Now I never had any Laser Beasts as a kid, and I know that they are rare, but it just seems to be difficult finding all the figures from the first three series.

NO I am not stupid... I am just interested in your thoughts...

Mr. Crimson
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

#2 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:52 PM

I would have to say that it is fairly rare. Any time I mention them to anyone else they either don't have a clue about them or barely remember them from when they were a kid.

In addition they used to be sold for about $1.15 each for BBs at Wal Mart back in the day and now sell for about $3-7 on average now, which shows that they are worth considerably more than original.

It's a blessing and a curse that it's a fairly obscure toyline, though I would have to say that it is far more a blessing, you don't have as many people to compete with. The bad thing though, as pointed out in the Too Many Collectors thread, is that a small number of new collectors can increase the prices in the short run fairly significantly.

--grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

Rare? No.

Obscure and forgotten by most? Yes.

#4 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:30 AM

vary few i know have a clue to what battle beasts are some of the TF collectors i know have a slim idea only b/c of the headmasters cartoon tie in.

i was lucky enough to buy a bunch of lots from one seller on ebay that almost completed my collection in one swoop. i did have a hard time finding series 3 beasts w/ weapons. and a few of the series one beast variants in good condition.

more and more are starting to pop up on ebay and @ toy shows you just need to keep your eyes peeled.

and checking the "got toys & "need toys" threads here help alot too.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#5 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:41 PM

vary few i know have a clue to what battle beasts are some of the TF collectors i know have a slim idea only b/c of the headmasters cartoon tie in.

=)

But the BB's tie-in with the TF's Headmasters cartoon was only in Japan, so not that many TF fans are familiar with BB's because of that... And isn't that episode only available in Japanese?
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#6 Giga Leo

Giga Leo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:03 PM

I'd say the series 1,2,and 3 beasts aren't rare, nor are the first few laserbeasts anymore. Battle Beasts in general are usually a faded memory to most people I mention them to. The usual response I get is "Oh yeah, I used to have abunch of those!" The later laserbeast toys I'd say are kind of rare, mostly just difficult to come by unless you're monitoring Ebay.

It's funny, most TF fans I've seen also have that faded memory of Battle Beasts, but the scattered interest has grown mostly because they're fascinated by the fact that the Beastformers were actually a PART of TF at all. They were actually in a few of the Headmaster episodes, but Rebellion on Planet Beast was the only one where they were prominently featured. The series was translated into english, but egads, BAD english dialogue that sounds muffled and mostly mistranslated. When your translaters are calling Spike "Sparkle" and Blaster "Billy", I'd rather enjoy the original straight japanese thank you very much... :blink:

"Sure, why not?"

gigabanner.jpg
Gigaleo (a.k.a Tigerburn)
Homepage, Gigaleo.com
Deviant Art Account

#7 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:48 PM

Hello,

I believe I mentioned this on the boards somewhere, but I never knew that Battle Beasts had anything to do with Transformers until I joined this board.

Thank You,

Mr. Crimson
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

#8 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:54 AM

All I can add is that here in the netherlands its very hard to complete the BB collection unless you have lots of money... Everything has to be shipped from england, the us or canada... So to me BB and LB are hard to get and some of the beasts very rare, but its mostly a money issue! :)

I am also a decepticon fan (TF) but I knew about BB long befor I (re)started collecting BB... To bad I some how lost me first ones I had as a kid...!

#9 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:34 AM

Delta81,

I know exactly what you're talking about!

I'm from the Netherlands 2 (Zoetermeer) and those prices some dealers on ebay are asking for shipping are just crazy. I suggest dealing with the experienced people on the boards here as much as possible, I've dealt with a few of them and they are absolutely not trying to let you overpay for shipping.

I have my series 1-3 and the lower numbered LB's complete with rubs and weapons finally and even almost all major variations (black mole, unpainted teeth/tusks squirel, walrus, orange armour gorilla, pink crab and weasel)

Let me know if you have a have/want list and maybe I can give you a nice deal

#10 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:25 AM

Finally some one with the same problems! (I know that isn't good :( )

Anyway I just sent some money for BB to roland13 and I am waiting untill they arrive then I will complete my lists of haves and wannahaves... So you can expect a pm very soon markderoos...

Greetz from rotterdam :)

#11 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:48 AM

Nice

Rotterdam <-> Zoetermeer, dan kan ik het pakketje komen brengen man ;)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com