98 replies to this topic

#26 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 08:15 PM

Great idea, I would definitely want one of these. King 100 ton spiked in pewter would totally ROCK! I can't wait to see these. :p
Posted Image

#27 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 08:20 PM

The first few will be trial runs to get an idea of material consumption and labor involvement. Chances are great that they will be more than a few dollars each because mass production equipment will not be used. WE will see though. I may be able to "dump" them out. Time will tell. The pewter itself is a mostly tin alloy. Therefore it has low material cost with respect to the size of the figures.

I don't think I will place bases on them as it takes a bit away from the original concept. Not that being an alloy metal doesn't, but hey.

I haven't worked a whole lot with pewter but it does "set up" very quickly. In most cases, with a small detailed casting, you are almost obligated to do a centrifugal pour. Very similar to platinum but not as bad.

I don't have any plans to do any of Godbeast's miniatures right now. They are quite nice. I just do not have the same nostalgic attraction to them like I do the MUSCLEs.

This thing isn't really for profit. I am sure Godbeast will agree, this type of thing is a labor of love. Ok, maybe you get a few bucks for "free" lunches. :p If it is very popular, maybe I will be a millionaire. *hopes*
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL
Flesh Figures - 7, 53, 104, 113, 114, 142, 145, 162, 195 and 234

Email me at emorris2112@cox.net for a complete list of needs and haves. Please ask for either HTML or Excel format.

#28 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 08:47 PM

Why no bases?

At least on the Pyramid Sunshine and Top Sunshine... Please?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#29 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 09:01 PM

Because bases are easliy added afterwards by soldering or glueing. They are not as easy to remove. For the two you mentioned, adding a base would mean defacing a portion of the figure some people may want kept original.

The fact is, I don't even know how many and of which ones will be made yet. I shouldn't even be discussing specifics yet.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

Email me at emorris2112@cox.net for a complete list of needs and haves. Please ask for either HTML or Excel format.

#30 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 09:27 PM

Kwantum,
I think you are truly an intelligent guy, who is going about your art as a professional! In fact, I do believe I approached this group the exact same way, if not close.

You are right though when you say it is a labor of love. It is. I do make some $, however, lately I have been tradin' way more than sellin'.

I think when they said don't do the figures I have done, they were totally referring to the Muscles I have done, not the BB/LB/GB. I think that no matter which ones you do, that is ok anyway, because your materials are way different and if you ever did BB/LB, they would be non-articulate.

I am excited about you doing these, they sound kick a$$!!!

Please do some of the odd sculpts first and not boring ones (my opinion only). Especially ones that will be heavy!

I am going to give you an Alex Forbes woot for this whole endevor!!! :p

When you have some ready with photos, I will be stoked and woot woot wooting!!!

You know what would be cool? If you and I worked together and made metal accessories for my plastic customs!!! Like Satan Cross with real metal sword and shield or you could make a custom ring for the claw with Muscle man's head on it!!! C'mon guys, help me out!!! Just as long as the accessories weren't too heavy and made them fall over!!!

THEGODBEAST :lol:

#31 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:02 PM

Of all of the figures I think #31 #160 #208 will be the first just because they are the most recognizable MUSCLEs with the most detail.

The ring for the claw idea is pretty cool. We can just put size 16 shoes on the Satan Cross to keep him upright, lol.

How many people verified the above MUSCLE numbers after I wrote that? :p Yeah, they suck.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#32 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:03 PM

I just noticed I have 10 posts. I am now a "Budding Collector." Funny, I don't even own a MUSCLE yet. :p
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#33 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:09 PM

I just looked those 3 up and you are a funny guy!
Those 3 do suck! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Seriously, what one is a for sure for you? I love to see what other "creators" pick as their favorite.

I did that #15 Sunshine for my last custom clone (in plastic), not for the contest, but, for me, I like that one since it is the most massive! It really took my universe glitter well with the black!

Seriously, when you start doing some, let me know if you want co-work on something! That sounds like a blast!
THEGODBEASTe+

#34 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:17 PM

In all seriousness. My favorites, only because I never had them as a kid, are #60, #162, #189. But my all time favorite, which I did own at one time, is #153. I'd say those 4 are definate eventuals. #153 will probably be first. I just need to get my hands on one. No pun intended... ok, it was intended. :p
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#35 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:16 AM

How many people verified the above MUSCLE numbers after I wrote that? :woot: Yeah, they suck.

Haha! :p I looked too! I was like WTF, until I read further. :lol:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#36 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:00 PM

Damn, you guys are getting me excited.... I hope you deliver :woot:

#37 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 03:24 PM

I was thinking about the base...

I see your point on it, but I also remember ~SO~ many people complaining about how their collections fell down, and then Dominoes rang out...

Mabe a Vote after the initial tests?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#38 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:28 PM

I was thinking about the base...

I see your point on it, but I also remember ~SO~ many people complaining about how their collections fell down, and then Dominoes rang out...

Mabe a Vote after the initial tests?

Hell yeah, a base is a good idea. Like a little metal base around their feet. That would be awesome! ;)

:huh:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#39 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:11 AM

Personally, I'd prefer a metal MUSCLE without a base.

#40 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 08:30 AM

Personally, I'd prefer a metal MUSCLE without a base.

Me too, but maybe both versions would be cool for those who wanted them. :stupid:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#41 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 12:42 PM

I wouldn't mind having a gold or silver #! or #61 figure, I'd wear it on my chain, now that'd be cool...

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#42 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:11 PM

I wouldn't mind having a gold or silver #! or #61 figure, I'd wear it on my chain, now that'd be cool...

A metal M.U.S.C.L.E. on a chain is a badass idea. I'm am stoked for something like that! :D :p

:lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#43 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:18 PM

I would totally dig like a gold claw necklace!!! I know Arforbes aka the "claw" would want a metal claw painted with enamel purple for his neck!!!

I think a 100% original sculpt of the Claw like the size of a softball in metal would look killer as a hood ornament!!!

THEGODBEAST :D

Ok,
Where the eff have you two been? I already said that a necklace or a hood ornament would be cool (actually someone else said hood ornament before me).

THEGODBEAST :p

#44 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:49 PM

I would totally dig like a gold claw necklace!!!  I know Arforbes aka the "claw" would want a metal claw painted with enamel purple for his neck!!!  

I think a 100% original sculpt of the Claw like the size of a softball in metal would look killer as a hood ornament!!!  

Ok,
Where the eff have you two been? I already said that a necklace or a hood ornament would be cool (actually someone else said hood ornament before me).

My bad. :p

I was just saying that it would be cool. I probably should have quoted you, but I grabbed the most recent. :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#45 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 01:14 PM

muscles with metal accessories sounds interesting... like snap-on armor or something.

#46 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 07:38 PM

I think this entire thread sounds friggin' amazing!! :blush: B) :woot:
Posted Image

#47 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 09:59 AM

i'd just get myself in trouble.
putting metal objects in my hands is just bad, any ways you slice it.
but i know FNX has been clamoring for metal m.u.s.c.l.e.s. for a while...
talk to him.

#48 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:02 AM

If I had a metal #107, you'd have to steer pretty clear of me.

#49 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:28 AM

Well, I bought a huge lot of MUSCLEs off of someone last night. They will be shipped priority on Wednesday. They will be here by the weekend I hope.

When they arrive, I will have some models to mold and cast. #153 is first. I will post an update with pictures when I have the result.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#50 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 02:10 PM

Awesome! ;) :woot: :woot:
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com