Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Classified. Good, Bad or Ugly!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Classifieds - Good Bad or Ugly (41 member(s) have cast votes)

How are the Classifieds working for you?

1. I love them! (2 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

2. They are better than the previous Got Toys/Need Toys but definitely have room to improve. (4 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

3. About the same. (2 votes [4.88%])

4. Got Toys/Need Toys sections were better/easier. Can we bring them back? Bump! (26 votes [63.41%])

Percentage of vote: 63.41%

5. Please get rid of them, they SUCK! (5 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

6. Voted Other, I posted below. (2 votes [4.88%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hi,

How are you guys liking the new Classifieds section? Is it helping you Buy/Sell/Trade better? If not, why not?

Please vote above and also feel free to discuss your perspective below.

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

I like them fine, but is there a way to have it message me when I get a question on the classified? I noticed some old questions on mine and I has not answered them because I didn't know they were there.

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Honestly, it's hard to just surf for trades. I kind of lost interest, in it.

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

I like them fine, but is there a way to have it message me when I get a question on the classified? I noticed some old questions on mine and I has not answered them because I didn't know they were there.

Go here:
http://www.littlerub...a=notifications

Scroll down to the part about Classifieds, and check the notification boxes. You'll then be notified about new questions on your Classifieds just like you are with PM's.

#5 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'd probably say they're about the same from my experience. I opened up a 'needs' classified for three OMFG sets and had offers/help which led me to getting what I wanted pretty quickly. Would this have been the case if I had used the old version? Probably.

I like the ease of which photos can be added from my iPad/iPhone photo library, where previously I had no choice but to photobucket them first or use my laptop. As most of the figures I'm currently looking for rarely crop up on here (MIMP S1 neons) I don't feel I can comment much more in terms of the buying side of the classifieds.

To be honest, I seem to hit most buys/trades via PM following things that pop up in other non-classifed threads or via PM conversations. I'm sure this is the case for many members here though.

#6 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Haven't had time to play :(

#7 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm half and half. The classifieds look much neater and organized, mostly because you are forced to use a specific format. Over-all, I've pretty much had the same experience with it.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#8 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

I think the new version is much more professional but the old version was so much more fun. I am probably in the minority here but when i would shop on LRG i never knew what i was looking for. I just wanted to click on someones listing and see what i liked. Often came across toys i had never heard of before. It got to the point where i knew which sellers to always look for as well. 

It felt like a garage sale or thrift store which i enjoyed. More personal and comfortable. Made lots of friends that way as well.

The new version is technically great and reminds me a lot of the better parts of ebay but with hundreds upon hundreds of feedback on ebay i can still say i've never made a friend there. 

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

Go here:
http://www.littlerub...a=notifications

Scroll down to the part about Classifieds, and check the notification boxes. You'll then be notified about new questions on your Classifieds just like you are with PM's.

Thanks for the help!

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#10 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Agree completly with PlasticSoul above!

It looks more professional which makes it IMHO also less interesting to look at it wondering around the board, but the Got toys / Need toys area was always a good place to stop by and to have a look around. With the Classifieds I just don't have that feeling anymore and the fact that the Board Auctions still have to be listed in a different way (if I'm correct) is not making them a lot more efficient IMHO eventhough they look a bit more organised. But like some people mentioned above that organised style also took away the freedom of a seller/trader/searcher to create an interesting topic for the items they're selling/trading/searching so instead of the yard or garage sale idea with all different places to look and displayed in different styles (which did have its class as well) it has now become a more clean and sterile environment similar to Ebay or a Wall Mart (eventhough I've never been there :))

Have to admitt I'm probably not the most frequent user of both of them but I felt more comfortable with the old style.

Just my 2 cents, which is pretty much off a useless budget these days ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#11 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

I have to say I use the new classifieds much less than the old got/need toys mainly because I can't comment on classified listings and as Jimmy said, it's harder to surf for trades

Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#12 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

as Jimmy said, it's harder to surf for trades

When you go to the Classifieds section, on the right hand side of the bar, there is a spot that says "All Advert Types".

Attached File  adtypes.png   11.4K   0 downloads

If you click it, you can show only the types of ads you are looking for (i.e. Sale, Wanted, Trade, etc.).

#13 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm not a huge fan of them. I miss the ability to bump threads and the got/need threads were easier to browse.

#14 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

Haven't had time to play :(

This.:(
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

When I look at a classified, I almost feel like I'm viewing an ebay auction, except I'm not.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#16 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Not a fan of the look and usability of the new format. I like the old style because it seemed much more community based. These new ones are more cut and dry business posts.

#17 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

The new way is ok, and a lot more like ebay for sure. Personally, I loved the old way and never really saw a need to improve it.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#18 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

I was dubious about the Classifieds system, but was willing to give it a shot. The Classifieds look professional, but they leave me cold. I preferred the old system. I'd like to see people given the choice of what they use.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#19 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

When you go to the Classifieds section, on the right hand side of the bar, there is a spot that says "All Advert Types".

attachicon.gifadtypes.png

If you click it, you can show only the types of ads you are looking for (i.e. Sale, Wanted, Trade, etc.).

Okay, I do see that.

I do agree with a lot of the comments posted in that it feels like Ebay & has a cold, business like feel.

It's not a knock on what you have done at all, this site is still wonderful, personally if something aint broke, don't fix it.

I'm also noticing a few posts within each line (M.U.S.C.L.E. MIMP, Battle Beasts etc) that are now related to wants/needs that were not in those sections beforehand.

That would be due to the new classifieds format too I believe

Edited by ALLSPORTDVD, 04 August 2013 - 02:51 AM.

Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#20 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

I preferred the old way.

#21 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

So far I've only posted one classified and it sold the item. I never got around to making a got toys/need toys thread.  But I can see one improvement. In the old threads you could only edit the post until so long. At least with the classifieds it's easier to update.

#22 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

I'd like to see people given the choice of what they use.

I agree. Although it may be confusing for some, I think allowing members to choose which to use - classifieds or threads - is ideal.

Also, as I stated from the start, I need some type of notification that new classifieds have been listed, and not just the side bar view, as I use the mobile skin. With the old system, new sale/trade threads popped up when you clicked on "view new content."

Where I think the new system would be easily superior to threads is actually where it's not currently working, auctions.

Edited by Soupie, 04 August 2013 - 05:22 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

I appreciate the effort that went into the classifieds, but I think the sentiments that they're too impersonal are right on. I like seeing comments and interactions.

Plus - I think this happened right as Got/Need was improving. New rules enforcement is huge - mandatory (base or asking) prices on every item and single active threads was great. Removing the window in which a first post can be edited would be helpful also.

I also don't think there was enough time to see how much getting rid of a certain slimeball was going to improve things.

#24 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

I appreciate the effort that went into the classifieds, but I think the sentiments that they're too impersonal are right on. I like seeing comments and interactions.

Plus - I think this happened right as Got/Need was improving. New rules enforcement is huge - mandatory (base or asking) prices on every item and single active threads was great. Removing the window in which a first post can be edited would be helpful also.

I also don't think there was enough time to see how much getting rid of a certain slimeball was going to improve things.

Agreed!

I miss the interaction and community feel of the old way. Some of the best, and most fun interactions I've had with other members occurred in the got/need toys sections.

Plus, I miss the garage sale feel of looking through pics of peoples random stuff/junk. Just lots of different toys lumped together for sale/trade in one post, instead of having to be sorted out into different categories to keep from just being labeled under misc. I think that a lot of guys don't post a lot of their random stuff/junk in the classifieds for that reason.

And, also the slimeball is gone. Good point.

#25 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

...a more clean and sterile environment similar to...Wall Mart (eventhough I've never been there :))

I'd say this statement alone proves that you've never been there. :lol:

I'm on board with the others in that I think the new classifieds section is better looking but being in a different format than normal forum posting seems to be discouraging people from creating new ads. I don't believe they're any less accessible though; I mean they're broken out into categories so for me t hey've been easier to navigate than looking through 'Got Toys'

One improvement off the top of my head would be to allow an option to post a 'For Sale' classified without having to set an overall price (maybe 'Varies' or something like that?). Now sure if this is possible the way it's set up, but this would make it easier to list multiple similar items that have varying prices or that aren't being offered as a whole lot. Also would be nice if the thumbnails were scaled versions of the uploaded images instead of square crops but now I'm just getting picky. ;)

Edited by bachamn, 05 August 2013 - 08:45 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com