Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Kinnikuman or M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Kinnikuman or M.U.S.C.L.E. (211 member(s) have cast votes)

Kinnikuman or M.U.S.C.L.E.

1. Kinnikuman (107 votes [51.94%])

Percentage of vote: 51.94%

2. M.U.S.C.L.E. (99 votes [48.06%])

Percentage of vote: 48.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 02:12 PM

Leave only one blurb, please. If you post to this thread, it should be an explanation of why you like the on over the other.

That being said,

I prefer Kinnikuman over M.U.S.C.L.E. because of all the extra figures available.
If There were only 236 Kinnikuman, my vote would go to M.U.S.C.L.E. because M.U.S.C.L.E. required alot more imagination than Kinnikuman, as there was no given storyline. Or names for that matter (other than Muscleman and Terri-bull).

But all in all, I vote Kinnikuman.

#2 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 29 July 2002 - 02:22 PM

I voted M.U.S.C.L.E. Only because if it were not for muscle, I would have never known about Kinnikuman, granted you make a valid arguement, and I wish there were more muscle. I think they are slightly better quality as far as the toy itself goes. I do enjoy the Kinnikuman comics, and movies, however I grew up with Muscle so I am voting for them. If you can, put a undecided, or tied vote on there, that is what I would have chosen.

#3 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 29 July 2002 - 02:56 PM

I am voting for kinnikuman because it is the power behind the M.U.S.C.L.E. machine. Kinnikuman will never go away. There are cartoons, manga, movies, and all sorts of figures etc... I love, love, love M.U.S.C.L.E, but... kinnikuman has made me understand, and appreciate MUSCLE more. There is always something more to learn, or discover about kinnikuman, and besides, it is the original!
Posted Image

#4 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 04:04 PM

The fact that MUSCLES are what i grew up with and what i traded and spent my money on are what gave them the vote.
as cool as Kinnikumen are and as developed as they are, they were never there for me as a kid. they were always "away". a simple phone call or occasional visit would have been nice. but nooooooo, they were too busy with their manga and their cartoon and their movie.....blah blah blah. MUSCLES would never do that to me. MUSCLES were there for me, man.
^_^
but it all comes back to the childhood memory, that seals the deal.

#5 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 05:10 PM

I voted MUSCLE, for a reason stated previously:

They were much more fun, since I didn't know the Kinnikuman storyline and had to make up my own personalities for the characters.

Also, the figures were somewhat of a mystery. I remember back in the old days of MUSCLE collecting (pre-AKIA when we knew little to nothing about Kinnikuman) I wondered...

What the intention of the characters' designers? Are all the diferent Muscleman (and Muscleman-like) figures the same character, or different characters? Are the reptiles with the sneakers part of a specialized tag team? Why is that Muscleman bandaged like a mummy? (He turned out to be Kinnikuman Zebra.) And what's the deal with the Hand?

The mystery was part of the appeal for me. I'm not sure how much I'll like the new cartoon and collecting the new toys, since I'll be familiar with all the characters.

-Nathan

#6 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 06:33 PM

I voted MUSCLE because of the aura of mystery that surrounded every figure, you really had alot left up the your own imagination. I didn't even know about Kinnikuman until about 2 years ago when I began digging around the web and I found the MUSCLE preservation society, only then were many of my questions answered. Having now discovered how deep the Kinnikuman toyline goes, it gives me another collection quest to undertake in my adult years.
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

#7 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 08:57 PM

I voted for M.U.S.C.L.E. They were the originals to me. I grew to love every one of them and always had to use my imagination to tell me why there were figures that looked similar to others. I would have loved for there to be the same number of M.U.S.C.L.E.'s as Kinnikuman too. Kinnikuamn have some amazing figures, freakin awesome actually. Maybe they'll be made my Mattel some day! ^_^

M.U.S.C.L.E.'s are also made of a better plastic which allows more detail to the figures. I've always loved the smell of M.U.S.C.L.E.'s too. Ever notice that great smell when they're all together in one container? Ahhh, M.U.S.C.L.E.'s. Blind fold me, I'd still know it was them, just by the smell!

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#8 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 30 July 2002 - 06:26 AM

I voted for M.u.sc.le. They were the original for me.

Not knowing names is what made it great. You had odd looking charcters that you could name and made it easeier then trying to learn all there names as well as more fun.

They had a quaility all there own and still do.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#9 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 05:37 PM

has to be muscle men. there was just such an aura of mystery that surrounded them, i only found out the origin of them a few months back, before then i didnt know what the fudge they were. all i knew was that they were my favourite toys ever and still are and always will be....until i get hold of some kinnikuman :angry:
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#10 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 08:28 PM

I Had no choice i had to go muscle
i've never even seen a kinnikuman figure to match it against

oh it's such a loney life for a muscle head in oz

do good guys.............

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#11 MuScLe BoMbEr

MuScLe BoMbEr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 04:35 AM

Voted for M.U.S.C.L.E.

When asked about Kinnikuman...the majority of the people here in Australia will go :huh:

M.U.S.C.L.E on the other hand, many will remember that they had them when they were young. :huh:

#12 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

Happily stuck in the past

• Legends
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Keshi, Minifigs, Baseball Cards, Travel, Disc Golf, Bigfoot, Pizza, Beer

Posted 04 August 2002 - 09:35 AM

Well, no one has to guess what my answer is. Most of us would never even know about Kinnikuman if it weren't for M.U.S.C.L.E. I'm not taking anything away from Kinnikuman, in fact... it's been alot of fun collecting the Japanese toys, but for me, and many other collectors... The mystery that surrounded M.U.S.C.L.E. for all of those years is priceless! One thing I've always noticed, is how much more durable the plastic on the American figures was. Makes you wonder exactly why they cast them this way when they could've just as easily brought the Kinnikuman figs over and repackaged them. I'm thinking it had to do with how American kids beat the living crap out of there toys. You actually had to TRY and damage these things. They wouldn't wear out that's for sure! Then again, America has different standards for safety when it comes to toys. Could they have been worried about the type of rubber they were cast from? Could they be consumed if pieces were bitten off of the figs? Could the rubber be toxic if consumed? Ha! Try seeing if your baby brother could bite the head off of a MUSCLE! Yup, M.U.S.C.L.E. has my vote. One of the greatest toylines ever made!

#13 Sukaru Bazu

Sukaru Bazu

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 09:17 PM

I'm torn! M.U.S.C.L.E.S. brought me to the party, but Kinnikuman showed me how to dance-if you catch my drift!

I'm gonna go with Kinnikuman, although I like both.

PS-Thanks for revitalising the site, I haven't visited in a while.

Tony

#14 ploid

ploid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 02:26 PM

Muscle I loved trying to figure out what the name were and making up stories about where they come from. My brother once bet me a pack of muscles to eat an earth worm so down the hatch it went.

#15 EASports

EASports

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 03:08 PM

Dude, it's all about muscles. Muscle men. How is there any comparison to toys you played with as a kid? Muscles will always rock the sprock.
"Let's go home"
"We are home"
"That was fast"

#16 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 03:29 PM

Voted as MUSCLE
for the following reasons

1) No storyline
2) No givin Good/bad guys (except terror-bull and muscleman)
3) No Names (i made a squads of guys that looks the same to fight for their nation) B)

But if i was able to find some reasonible prices kinnikuman figures i'd buy then in a nanosecond :angry:
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#17 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 10:49 PM

No contest, M.U.S.C.L.E. by a landslide! I`m not taking anything away from Kinnikuman but with me it`s all about durability! Those m.u.s.c.l.e.s are tough little s.o.b.s, not that I ever abused them but it`s good to know that if my bumbling oaf friends came over, they weren`t doing jack to em!! Besides, it was great wondering if the hand was part of a bigger, superior creature!

#18 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 02:25 AM

MUSCLE definitely......

before my great love of Japan came to be, and before I knew the toys I loved, and collected WERE Japanese, I had my MUSCLE and TRANSFORMERS......

these were as American as apple pie to me, and still are......now that I am a bit wiser, does not change my view on the toys......

sure, now I have some names to go with the faces, but those names only serve an identification purpose, and are still not the names I use for my MUSCLES.....

my names are the ones I gave 'em.....and will always be so.....

heh....and through several MUSCLE websites, I have added a slew of new names to my characters......the block guy has always and always be THE BLOCK GUY, and the hand, is always gonna be the HAND.....

but I have some new names as well.....one of my favorites? Krangala......

just keep saying it!

KRANGALA, KRANGALA, KRANGALA!!!

#19 Kinnikux

Kinnikux

Devil Ashuraman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 01:22 PM

I would def have to say MUSCLE. This is Just because you had no idea who any of these guys were, so it was like creating a super hero world of your own!!!!!!!!! Toy line wise I like the rubber muscle are made out of better then the Kinnikuman ;)

#20 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 04:29 PM

I voted for Kinnikuman because there are a ton more figures and a lot of them look much cooler than the american ones, also i like the idea of a more rubbery M.U.S.C.L.E so that they can bend and stuff. :huh:
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#21 Kendaman

Kendaman

Kendaman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 08:25 AM

I voted Kinnikuman because I found out about Muscle through it and not vice versa. :lol:
KEN-DA-MAN!! KEN-DA-MAN!! KEN-DA-MAN!!

#22 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 09:51 AM

MUSCLE!!! I only collect muscles because they were one of my childhood favorites. I've never seen any anime that I've enjoyed...except maybe some hentai... ok, alot of hentai...

#23 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2002 - 10:00 AM

For me there is no question. I hadn't thought about MUSCLE's since I was a kid, then one day I find them and get into collecting. How powerful is that?

All of the memories from my childhood flooded back. The stories I created for these mystery wrestler figures, and the fun I had trading with my friends couldn't be better memories. And hopefully my "re-interset" in MUSCLE's will lead to more great memories.

#24 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 05:51 PM

Kinnikuman gets my vote. I love anime. Read the manga and liked the storylines and characters. Plus, Kinnikuman had more characters and just seemed cooler. I also loved the japanese action figures more than the rubber micro M.U.S.C.L.E.S. that we got over here. Of course, I still like the small M.U.S.C.L.E.S. figures, too! But, Kinnikuman gets my vote.

#25 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 04:56 PM

I'm not much on collecting...
I came to this site because I think the cartoon and the history of Kinnikuman rocks!
:D

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com