• Please log in to reply
1261 replies to this topic

#851 billpepper

billpepper

Flim Flam Red Hot Fan *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:guitar <br />skateboarding <br />wrestling (WWE TNA)<br />running <br />biking <br />

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

Just got some Series 3 from a friend I took out the ones I want and the rest are for sale

sry if pics are big will repost in a bit

Attached Files

Edited by billpepper, 09 August 2012 - 04:15 PM.

BIG GUY SHIMMY!!!!!!!!

#852 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Called online customer service. They said there was a return label behind the label on the box. Nope. And then the guy was like ok just send it to this address blablabla and I'm like wait, you guys aren't going to pay for it? And he said "Well no since the product wasn't damaged we don't pay for it". I was shocked but I said no you sent the wrong item, email me a shipping label so he did. Had to tell them I'd dispute it with the credit card company.

Yep, I'm just doing a dispute with my credit card...TRU blows, always have and they could care less. They won''t even respond to email requests for returns.

#853 krazedmadman

krazedmadman

Fist of the Death Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Finding lost toys destined to the heap and putting them in the hands of the deserving.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

I will see what I can get from TRU this weekend. I just ask people to bear with me, I have no car while visiting my mom in Florida, so store runs and shipping runs cannot happen everyday.

Cool hope you score some more for us, I PM'd you shortly after your 1st post so hopefully I'm on the short list. :acute:
Wastelander

#854 MadCow

MadCow

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Well got my TRU package today, all series 3 :(
If anyone has any series 1 please let me know.

Yup, same here. I didnt completely mind since i didn't have any of s3 but it sucks that my hunt continues.

If anyone needs 12 packs of s3, i have 2 for c+s.

Edited by MadCow, 10 August 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#855 SlugAlien

SlugAlien

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Wow Toys R Us sucks!
So when I called the other night the guy said he'd have the warehouse check and I could call in a couple days to find out if they found series 1.
Called back today and they said there was no request to check! The guy lied to me grr.

#856 MadCow

MadCow

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Well i just lucked out on Ebay with a 12-pack of series 1 now I just need the figures from the 3-packs.

#857 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

and the list for people needing those figures grows longer lol

#858 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

and the list for people needing those figures grows longer lol

I just want the human figures from the zombie line. Im more excited for the alien and monsters series

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#859 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Saw wave 2 at Target tonight, the 12-pack and all the 3-packs. The Targets here in Cleveland are pretty terrible about getting new toys in, so the fact that they're here of all places is probably pretty good news for anyone else still looking for this set. Now, if they only last in the store for more than a week before the department manager tosses them in the clearance aisle...
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#860 MadCow

MadCow

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

I just want the human figures from the zombie line. Im more excited for the alien and monsters series

What its this about a Monsters line?

#861 SlugAlien

SlugAlien

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Probably next year will be S.L.U.G. Aliens (I hope they make the little green men looking kind, the big round head, and not JUST big scary goop looking things) and probably later will be monsters

but shame on this company for releasing series 1 in such small quantities

#862 MadCow

MadCow

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Probably next year will be S.L.U.G. Aliens (I hope they make the little green men looking kind, the big round head, and not JUST big scary goop looking things) and probably later will be monsters

but shame on this company for releasing series 1 in such small quantities

Wow, those sound great. I'm in. And agreed on the limited quantity. I've wanted this line since I first heard about them but could never find them in the stores. Then when s2 showed up at Target I didn't think twice about buying them. Hopefully Jakks learned their lesson.

#863 MutieJoe

MutieJoe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

I scored all of series 3 except the 12 pk this week, and they're probably the strongest figures yet in terms of sculpts and character selection. Absolutely love em.

In unrelated news, my hopes of finding series 1 in a store were dashed today when I finally spotted the S.L.U.G line at K-mart...only to see they started right in with Series 2, like Target. Blech. So ridiculous that they'd release that first group in such low, poorly distributed numbers as they did, and then fail to re-release them for the 'official launch' of the line. FAIL.

#864 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

My TRU in central pennsylvania is finally carrying the series 3 3-packs. I didnt see any 12-packs. In hindsight, im thinking they were probably in the back. The shelves were packed with toys. Maynt have been room for them. They were in the action figure isle. None were in the collectibles section.

My target still has S2 3- and 12-packs.

No series one to be found anywhere.

As i was checking out with two sets of s3 3-packs, a young mother looked over at the packs on the counter and said, "those are cool." :lol: She was in the process of buyong skylanders, which prob cost a small fortune.
Posted Image

#865 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

I got my S3 at a Toys R Us in Aurora, CO when I was out there for work last week. Maryland still doesn't have them. They had them in between baseball/football action figures. It's the first time I've really searched for something that was in stock at TRU and couldn't find it without asking someone that worked there. Why the hell would the stick them between different sports figures?

I also bought another full set of S2 at a Target out there because they didn't have the weird discoloration issue that the ones sold in MD do. I'm thinking about keeping both versions for now.

#866 MadCow

MadCow

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

I got my S3 at a Toys R Us in Aurora, CO when I was out there for work last week. Maryland still doesn't have them. They had them in between baseball/football action figures. It's the first time I've really searched for something that was in stock at TRU and couldn't find it without asking someone that worked there. Why the hell would the stick them between different sports figures?

I also bought another full set of S2 at a Target out there because they didn't have the weird discoloration issue that the ones sold in MD do. I'm thinking about keeping both versions for now.

What kind of discoloration?

#867 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Well finally stopped by TRU in Chicago, they had series 3 in stock. Probably about six 12 packs and enough 3 pack exclusives for about 4 sets. No sign of series 1 or 2. They were in the collectable figures section next to the trash packs.

I grabbed an extra set of the three 3 pack exclusives if any one needs em.

#868 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Got my Series 3 in the mail, just now. Thanks username!

#869 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Got the last series 2 3-pack I needed today, it's kinda disappointing. All the drawings I've seen have been identical to the figures, but this Mr. Jangles figure is terrible compared to the package art.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#870 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

What kind of discoloration?

Posted Image

It looks cool and I think I'm keeping my set that is like this, but I knew I would regret it if I passed on buying a set for cheap that is the regular solid green.

#871 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

so who wants to guess/bet where the carry cases pop up at?
Posted Image

#872 MutieJoe

MutieJoe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Do we know what the exclusive figures are gong to be to the carry cases yet? It comes with two, right? Are these going to just be the Glow in the Dark variants of previous releases, or something genuinely exclusive? And I'm gonna say TRU will prolly have em first.

#873 SlugAlien

SlugAlien

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Do we know what the exclusive figures are gong to be to the carry cases yet? It comes with two, right? Are these going to just be the Glow in the Dark variants of previous releases, or something genuinely exclusive? And I'm gonna say TRU will prolly have em first.

All figures have already been announced basically. The GITD figures will be duplicates, cool though.
http://slugzombies.com/poster.php

#874 MutieJoe

MutieJoe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

I remember seeing on a MTV short from Toy Fair where a Jakks rep talked about the line having chase variants mixed in, so I wasn't sure if that's what the GitD figures were supposed to be, or if they'd be pack ins with the cases. But so far it looks like the chart follows the order of release for these figures! That's great, cuz if it holds up, that means the 'Ash' lookin survivor guy is in the next series. Stoked!

#875 JetEyeNight

JetEyeNight

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

I think it would be cool if someone would make a chart describing the pop culture reference for each scary little ugly guy. Many of the figures are obvious, others I don't recognize. Perhaps many people are the same way?

I'm off to TrU to see if they've got any wave 3 stuff.

Edited by JetEyeNight, 12 August 2012 - 10:32 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com