21 replies to this topic

#1 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

Figured I'd catalog these images "borrowed" from eBay seller cobwebtiques for future reference.

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Soupie, 24 April 2009 - 03:19 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

Wow! I'd like to have all of these. :turned: I'm tempted to start collecting Gumball inserts. :)

Posted Image

#3 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

Wow.. I just remembered owning several "happy-face vegetable pencil toppers." Great thread :)

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:26 AM

Wow, thank you for doing that!!! I was thinking it should be done, but I just didn't have the time or energy. Here's the one I bought, thanks to Jamesullivan. :)

Would you mind if I steal all, or at least some, of this hard work for a section of the UofM website? I'd like to flesh out all the information I started putting together here and here.
Attached File  Bootleg_auction_picture.jpg   25.25K   34 downloads

#5 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:28 AM

The dark colored guys are in the Creatures from the Stars are from Kamen Rider and the GunRobot picture is Megatron.

EDIT by Veers: You didn't need to quote all the pictures. :)

Edited by General Veers, 15 April 2009 - 04:33 AM.

"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#6 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:11 AM

Would you mind if I steal all, or at least some, of this hard work for a section of the UofM website?

Go for it. I plan on creating an entry for Toypedia that addresses gumabll/vending machine boots as well. With a slew of resource pictures like this, it's a no brainer.

@ Garatron

Just to be clear, I wasn't looking for these to be identified. We've already seen an identified most -- if not all of these -- here in this forum. However, if someone feels inclined to ID all these boots, by all means do. :)

Edited by Soupie, 15 April 2009 - 05:12 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

Just a heads-up guys, some of these are M.U.S.C.L.E. bootlegs. :)

Seriously though i wanted to buy that one with the giant King 100 Ton and Pinchman figures so bad. Just to see up close what they're made of since they're so bendy and weird looking. Alas, just can't bring myself to drop real money on bootlegs. No matter now much i love 'em.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#8 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:29 AM

Seriously though i wanted to buy that one with the giant King 100 Ton and Pinchman figures so bad.

Yeah, that King Ton is the gem of the bunch imo.
Posted Image

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

Wow, I knew older bootlegs could be quite daring and shameful, but to go so far as to actually use the Transformers name (you just know that didn't last long) or knock off Lego astronauts?

#10 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

Just noticed something weird; to the left of King Ton, is that a circus peanut?!

And big lol at the "transformers" name being used.. looks like it was applied to the display card with masking tape!! And.. is that a Power Ranger behind them?

#11 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

I wonder how hard it is to mold those sticky, gel-like pieces you see in vending machines?

Are the Pinchman and King John 100-Ton sculpts from the 4" Keshi, or are they from the Dekakeshi?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

Wow! I have a couple of those Totem pole, stacking dudes. They're a little rad.
I've got a brown one, and a blue one. I like them.

#13 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

yeah I have a whole bunch of them too, they're great! - I think they were originaly cereal premiums

Posted Image

#14 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

Yeh, I got mine from a machine in a chinese food joint. They really don't serve a purpose, but they're kind of hysterical.

#15 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:32 PM

And.. is that a Power Ranger behind them?

Space Sheriff Sharivan, a Toei Metal Heroes series. Not this particular one, but some of the other Metal Heroes shows were combined into what you might know as VR Troopers.

#16 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

they are originally made by R&L - called totem tribe - most R&L figures can be seen here...
http://www.cratercri....com/index.html

and here is a different card for them,,,

#17 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

dude has them listed at $25 a piece. if you have a whole stack thats pretty sweet.

#18 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

they are originally made by R&L - called totem tribe - most R&L figures can be seen here...
http://www.cratercri....com/index.html

and here is a different card for them,,,

thanks S4P! One thing that has always bothered me about these is that it would appear they're are two different sets. I have a load of the vending machine ones in the original picture but only a couple of the ones on the Crater Critter website. Were they ALL released as cereal premiums? or just one of the sets?

Posted Image

#19 popculturizm

popculturizm

Serious Collector

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

well that explains where the SD Kamen rider figures come from - how the boot kinnikuman from the first card....

Attached Files

Edited by popculturizm, 24 April 2009 - 04:06 PM.

#20 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

thanks S4P! One thing that has always bothered me about these is that it would appear they're are two different sets. I have a load of the vending machine ones in the original picture but only a couple of the ones on the Crater Critter website. Were they ALL released as cereal premiums? or just one of the sets?

ya know, i'm not really sure. i DO know that when they were made in australia (R&L) they were cereal premiums, but the molds were sold to a mexican factory and thats where some of the later versions come from. in the US the original ones are hard to come by - you have to be careful cuz some of the mexican ones still have "australia" marked on the base.
the few i have are marked "hong kong" and are most likely from a g-ball machine or arcade prize.

#21 keithp

keithp

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

OMG creatures from the stars and the transformer/warrier guys, I literally bought 3 machines full of them as a kid and barely got any advertised! My god I would love to buy all those if possible. Only thing missing is there used to be a metal looking alien on display that looked like a bug and transforms, don't see it on any of yours.

Only ones I have now are the square video game guys, all my transformers I had to build broke as well as those bank warriors.

Never got the egg creature or transformer watch or half of transformer robots.

I wanna cry I remember I busted my but doing chores for my parents to get allowance to buy these. Was actually trying to get the collection but the store kept adding the same common items.

If any are for sale let me know, I'm not into the muscle bootlegs or plain figures just transforming things and banks and egg guys.

By any chance when virtual pets were out, did you ever stumble upon the Dino virtual pet in gumball machines? Think it was an egg with Dino head sticking out. I was one plastic ball away when the machine broke and I never got it...

Email me keithp2012@yahoo.com

#22 stoffhimel

stoffhimel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

I just noticed that there are knocked off gobots is there. the only one I really recognize is the renegade fighter, which is the blue jet on the "creatures from the star" card.

here's someting else! seems there are knock offs of this: http://www.chrismcov.../famitrans.html

Edited by stoffhimel, 24 June 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com