Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Takara BS13 Official Dice Battle Field.

Takara BS14 DX Dice Battle Colosseum.

What's the difference in these two? is one the board and one the Colosseum?, or both boards but one is a deluxe version?

#77 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Well,BS14 comes wit h the exclusive figure it looks like.

#78 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

Pre-order for blind boxes back up at bbts!

#79 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

I pulled the trigger on the whole lot. Got 6 random boxes too try and get the figures/trade. Oh boy!

#80 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

It's going to be a long 4-5 month wait.

#81 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

I've been waiting over 20 years. No biggie. ;)

#82 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Man these things are amazing! I am very excited for the DST minimate line as well, but those are certainly a more modern, re imagining of the battle beast lore and design, while these feel like they are more of an evolution of the old figures.

I love the variety of figures through series 1. I had to start laughing when I saw that hamster battle beast. My wife keeps saying how adorable he is. And we finally get some animals that I had wanted in the original line, like a dolphin or a sailfin.

I already put in my pre-order for one of everything. I wasn't able to get an entire case of the blind boxes, but I pre-ordered a large amount of them so that I will have some extras to trade.

After looking at this initial series, which ones are your favorites and least favorites? I am loving the entire water realm back. The shark and piranha are fantastic. I love the alligator from the blind packs. He's got to be amongst the top three for me as I am a sucker for any reptilian battle beasts. And that elephant just looks like a tank! He looks like he could just wade through any battle, putting down a ton of damage.

As for least favorites, while I am excited for all of these, I think they all look great, but the giraffe looks a little off to me. I don't know exactly what it is, but it just doesn't looks as amazing as the other figures. Still though, I will certainly have 1 of each.

Can't wait till September. That's my birthday, so it will be a nice gift to myself.

#83 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

I wonder the size too. I have a lot of dice games and dice can vary in size quite a bit. I want too see them next to a vintage BB to compare. If they are too big, they might lose something, IMHO.

Think the prototypes are painted like they will come mass produced? They look good- almost too good.

I'm gonna wait a little before I pre-order. I want to be sure price/availability is stable.

I would say they are close. Japanese toy releases from Takara have much more paint applications then their Hasbro stateside counter parts.

That's a hamster.

Thanks for helping him understand his animals.

#84 Slowpoke Sloth

Slowpoke Sloth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

WOW! These look awesome! I'm liking the DST line as well but I think I like these a little more! I'm sure I'll end up getting both lines. I ended up preordering everything from BTS except the dice packs and the playing mat. Even went for the case of boosters. Favorites so far are the gator, fish 3 pack, and the marlin.

Also, if you look at the pictures from cooltoyreview you can see they have the package dimensions.

I assume they are measured in millimeters but it looks like the single packs are 110 x 130 x 60. Which is about twice as big as the old japanese BB boxes. http://www.cooltoyre...ts-02.jpg&text=

And the 3 packs come in boxes that are 220 x 150 x 60. That means that the 3 pack box is only twice as big as the singles. That being the case, it would appear that there has to be a lot of extra room in the single packs. Because 3 beasts could fit in the packaging of 2 single boxes. So if anything these new beasts have to be fairly close in size to the originals, but maybe a little bigger. I really hope they are the same size as the originals. http://www.cooltoyre...ts-01.jpg&text=
"All the thoughts of a turtle are turtle." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#85 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Nice paintjobs but the weird proportions caused by the dice gimmick have turned what could have been truly excellent inheritors of the Battle Beast mantle into decidedly ugly pieces I have no desire to add to my shelf - sorry Takara, you bombed pretty badly with these ones :( (really didn't expect to be saying anything like that back when I first heard they'd be revisiting the brand)

Zach, if you happen to be reading this thread, your team just achieved an easy victory in the battle for my wallet - congratulations! ;)

I actually just read it now. VICTORY! And while I can't say I'm a fan of these designs, I am VERY curious how big they are. And how big those dice are.

#86 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

I for one hope the dice are a bit smaller than normal dice and the beasts relative in size with the originals.

#87 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Ok, given that there might be a rare "chase" fig and more than 6 different random beasts, I ordered a full case of 24. I will gladly trade/sell doubles.

#88 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

I might take you up on that, if you get a double of that alligator/crocodile. He bad.

#89 Run Amuck Duck

Run Amuck Duck

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Ok, given that there might be a rare "chase" fig and more than 6 different random beasts, I ordered a full case of 24. I will gladly trade/sell doubles.

I think that's the way to go. My friend used to collect the Star Wars Kubrick figures that Takara and Tomy released, and they had ridiculous ratios with their "chase" figures. If you look at this checklist, it shows that in most of the series, you were guaranteed one chase figure per case, but each chase figure would only be found in half the boxes.

http://www.jedidefender.com/checklists/other/kubricks.php#s1

This does encourage trading to get what you need, but I get the feeling that people are going to hold onto whatever the "chase" figures may be for this series!

#90 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

You guys talked me into it, I dumped my 6 single packs and ordered a case. I don't even want to know what the total of everything I ordered is.

#91 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

You guys talked me into it, I dumped my 6 single packs and ordered a case. I don't even want to know what the total of everything I ordered is.

LOL I did the same thing. Not looking forward to that invoice.

#92 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Anybody else think the Beast Fight Flaming Leo looks a lot like it was inspired by Marty's Firelion?

#93 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

I wonder if they are going to make the other 2 figures they never got around to making.

Here's a pic from the original BB/LB book.
Attached File  Page3.jpg   81.11K   65 downloads

#94 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

holy crap. i just preordered almost everything. i missed this whole conversation until tonight. this is amazing! i dont think im gonna sleep tonight.

even if the world ends in december, im still gonna get 3 months to love everything about these little angels. ill bring one to atlantic city and shoot my own dice onto the craps table. this shit is crazy

Edited by cassel87, 25 April 2012 - 07:28 PM.

if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#95 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

After RobotKingdom and BBTS here come the pre-order at TF Source

#96 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Shit. Free shipping! Perhaps I jumped too soon.

Edited by JonnyPac, 26 April 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#97 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

I actually just read it now. VICTORY!

Whilst I have your attention, another easy sale would be adding my fave freelance peacekeeping agent, Death's Head to the main Marvel line (never hurts to ask!) ;)

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#98 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Shit. Free shipping! Perhaps I jumped too soon.

No kidding, I paid up front to robotkingdom for the box of 24 because big bad was not taking any more orders. Wondering if I should just pre order with these guys.

#99 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

No kidding, I paid up front to robotkingdom for the box of 24 because big bad was not taking any more orders. Wondering if I should just pre order with these guys.

Well it may be free shipping now, but who knows if that offer will still stand 4 months from now. I'll just keep my pre-order as is.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#100 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Yeah- BBTS shipping is not terrible + the pile of loot option and not charging the card till it ships is sweet.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com