22 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:16 PM

Hoo boy! I just picked up a set of these and opened two of them so far. I had to share. Bumblebee is awesome and Starscream is very very nice. The articulation on these guys are fantastic. The transformations are very fun. It is nice to have a TF line that is so well done. Here are some pics to enjoy. More to come.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Bayushi Gemma

Bayushi Gemma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:59 PM

Cool where did you find these guys? I was going to order these at HasbroToyShop.com with their fall discount but they were SOLD OUT. :lol: I did order two of the Optimus Prime's and acouple Alternators. I take it these were in the 10 dollar range?
Here is a link to my GI Joe customs: http://www.evilface.com/james.htm
Posted Image

#3 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:59 AM

Yup, $10 each at Target! I had an employee scan the DCPI number and he went in the back and brought a set out for both me and a buddy!

#4 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:31 AM

Hoo boy! I just picked up a set of these and opened two of them so far. I had to share. Bumblebee is awesome and Starscream is very very nice. The articulation on these guys are fantastic. The transformations are very fun. It is nice to have a TF line that is so well done. Here are some pics to enjoy. More to come.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its weird how things come full circle....

As a kid i was heavily into TF's (just like everyone else) and then somewhere along the line He-Man and predominantly GI Joe took over. I didnt look back until recently. I always found TF's great in theory but the figures themselves just didnt reflect the designs (articulation and such).

Now...i look at the Tf's over the last few years and the articulation and design matches the artwork in many cases. I cant help but dig'em...and Bumblebee specifically ( i really like Dreamwaves artwork ) so seeing posing is impressive.

Theres a little minicon figure that looks a LOT like Bumble Bee (but a sleeker car form) that id like to get my hands on...
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#5 Bayushi Gemma

Bayushi Gemma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:41 PM

Yup, $10 each at Target! I had an employee scan the DCPI number and he went in the back and brought a set out for both me and a buddy!

Your lucky everytime I have asked for help at Target I usually got a useless employee or somebody that just didn't want to do anything. ;)
Posted Image

#6 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:45 PM

Well I punched the number in the price checker first and it said IN STOCKROOM: YES so he went and grabbed them. :D Oh happy day. They are out at Wal Marts now anyway!

#7 Bayushi Gemma

Bayushi Gemma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:11 PM

I got the Classic Megatron yesterday at TRU, actually two of them and when you spend 19.99 or more you get a FREE Scout Class Transformer so a great deal!
Posted Image

#8 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:14 PM

I've opened Hot Rod and Astrotrain. Astrotrain is sweet! Hot Rod's car mode is very nice. And teh robot is a solid B+ Could use a ball jointed head and better shoulder articulation.

#9 cylon_centurian

cylon_centurian

....November Coming Fire....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

yeah i work at target! i was stunned when i was stocking these guys!! i am a huge gen1 collecter and i was impressed of how these have stayed with the theme of actually looking like the origanals.very impressive. any word of a soundwave? he is my favorite!
Posted Image

#10 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:02 PM

Eh, at Botcon they said no Soundwave because there is a reissue coming this December at Toys R Us. It will be the Soundblaster mold (the one that holds 2 tapes at once) but painted blue.

#11 cylon_centurian

cylon_centurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:52 AM

even that is cool. i would love to see roadbuster but i dont think ill get to see him. isnt the reason why is because he is an orginal takara robot before they were offically called transformers? because if thats true then ill never see a prowl will i? >-<
Posted Image

#12 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:56 AM

Just the opposite on Roadbuster. He was NOT a Takara robot before hand, he was owened by a different company. That is why you won't see a reissue. Jame with Jetfire and Whirl. However there is a new mold Jetfire in Classics due out in November. There is a chance that you may see a redesigned Roadbuster sometime. As for Prowl he is Takara owned and has already been reissued. I am sure he is on the short list of the "to do" bots for Classics.

#13 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

they just put out the figures today in my area, and though i don't have the money right now to buy them, i was happy just to see them in person after a year of waiting for them :ph34r:

#14 cylon_centurian

cylon_centurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:23 AM

i just saw the titatium jet fire. very nice. why no mold of jetfire from the cartoons? i know they cant use the veritech desighn anymore.i was very impressed with the busts ,they looked just like the cartoons! the devestator is sweet!!!!!! it looks awsome next to my unicron! but no jetfire,i was surprised. :blush:
Posted Image

#15 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:46 AM

I didnt recognize Roadbusters name until recently when i was reading through a DW issue. When i looked it up ALL TYPES of memories flooded back to me. That was one impressive bot' when i was a kid. I never owned it but a freind did and i recall being really impressed with its military look and its, what i realize now was, Robotech -esque head sculpt.

Its to bad they cant reissue that one with better articulation.

Side Note: Looking at the Starscream in the original pic makes me realize just how on target the 3'' LOC Starscream is.

It looks dead on with just a casual glance.

Edited by Articulationnut, 30 October 2006 - 01:47 AM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#16 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:31 PM

Its to bad they cant reissue that one with better articulation.

Well they could make a Roadbuster looking figure with better articulation. They just can't rerelease the original figure mold.

#17 cylon_centurian

cylon_centurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:15 AM

since we are on the subjust of roadbuster i have an extra range finder and weapon if any one needs it for a complete vintage.
Posted Image

#18 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

I need only his antenna. B) ;)

#19 cylon_centurian

cylon_centurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:45 AM

since this is the transformer thread,im looking for a prowl insert and a complete thrust. can anyone here help? :p
Posted Image

#20 Bayushi Gemma

Bayushi Gemma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:52 AM

I got two sets of the Target Exclusive Ultra Magnus and Skywarp today and have been looking for this set for weeks! Anyone else lucky or still found in the wanting for them?
Posted Image

#21 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

Yup, I got a set for myself and for fourth heir. Skywarp is awesome. Magnus is ok. Paint job that is. The mold rocks!

#22 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:28 PM

Haven't gotten the set, because I don't have a Target nearby and I'm just not in a rush to buy them period, but I love what I've seen of both so far. Like most people, the main draw to the set is Skywarp, but considering you're getting Magnus, a Voyager repaint, for just $10 (if you consider Skywarp to be full Deluxe price), it's still not bad.

I do have the coveted Ramjet, however. By far the best seeker in the entire line, going by mold alone and not necessarily character. The improvements Hasbro made in the remolding process over Starscream nearly elevate it to an entirely separate figure.

#23 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:37 PM

I love the TF Classics series.

I have almost ALL of the deluxes:

Hot Rod
Bumblebee
Grimlock
Starscream
Ramjet
Astrotrain.

I just need Mirage, Skywarp, and Jetfire, and I'd be happy.

just don't give a rat's patoot about the rest, ESPECIALLY Cliffjumper.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com