36 replies to this topic

#26 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:33 AM

Good show, horrendously terrible theme song.

Nope no mention of that either or the Lego video games despite the fact they is alot of and are probably the moat successful toy line to video game series. But this was same thing that though lego not appealing just to Kids was a thing that only happened a few years ago.

They also gave the official sanitized version of the Lego brick's origin too if I remember correctly. Lego can be kind of control freaks when it comes to access and controlling the narrative about the company so I assume a lot of what is skipped in these shows is what they're told to skip. 

I'm interested to see how Toys That Made Us handle Lego's dubious origins because they don't seem to have been shy about handling them with other lines so far.

Also, yes, the Palitoy thing. Unless I missed something they name dropped Action Man once in passing without any explanation about the relationship between the lines. In fact it was right before they started talking about bootlegs, which is kind of misleading really.

My comics:

Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit - gilbertandgrim.com

Commander Cottontail - commandercottontail.com

#27 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:MINI BOGLIIIIINS

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

i loved the star wars episode, the guys at kenner seemed really passionate about their accomplishments. they have to do a TMNT episode, surely

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#28 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

Oh wow, cheers for the info Plasticsoul. First one was great, loved the fact it included tidbits on prototypes and knock offs. Look forward to watching the next one later today

*UPDATED*

Was left a little confused by the GIJOE one, no mention of the Palitoy acquisition. Still really interesting though

And I really felt like the glazed over what G.I. Joe has become, and spent a lot of time focusing on the very beginnings.

I can count the Joe collectors on one hand that care about the original doll verisons. People wanted to know about the cool 3 3/4 figures!

Edited by Draznar, 14 January 2018 - 08:22 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#29 tennunb

tennunb

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Currently collecting:-
    G2 MIMP
    Ghostbusters Companions
    Z-bots
    SLUG Zombies
    Ewoks (All types)
    Kombattini
    Battle Beasts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:00 AM

And I really felt like the glazed over what G.I. Joe has become, and spent a lot of time focusing on the very beginnings.

I can count the Joe collectors on one hand that care about the original doll verisons. People wanted to know about the cool 3 3/4 figures!

If I'm being totally honest I didn't know there were 12' ones, Again Palitoy released the 12' Action Man which i assume was a copy two years after Hasbro

#30 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

If I'm being totally honest I didn't know there were 12' ones, Again Palitoy released the 12' Action Man which i assume was a copy two years after Hasbro

Yep, it was a copy, a fully licensed one though.

My comics:

Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit - gilbertandgrim.com

Commander Cottontail - commandercottontail.com

#31 tennunb

tennunb

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
    G2 MIMP
    Ghostbusters Companions
    Z-bots
    SLUG Zombies
    Ewoks (All types)
    Kombattini
    Battle Beasts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:32 AM

Yep, it was a copy, a fully licensed one though.

I thought it must be as Hasbro had the patent for the Eagle Eyes version. The hours of joy the little slider brought us all

#32 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:19 AM

I loved there 3.75' figures but not so much the 12'. I'd love to find out where there ideas came from for designs, specially after seeing the GI JOE copy

Ah, I was referring to the GOOD Mego stuff -- the 8" lines!   I do have a sentimental spot for their Eagle Force line, though.  Some very interesting backstory to that particular line.  (Essentially, they beat Hasbro to the punch, yet are still considered 'Joe knockoffs' for whatever reason.)

;)

Attached File  Eagle Force Returns Sgt Brown 02.jpg   54.8K   3 downloads

I'm the complete opposite; I really enjoyed my Adventure Team & Super Joe toys and lamented the lame/Reaganesque 3" line.  Hama did some interesting work for the first year or so, but beyond that?  Barf.

As with so many things, it's likely a generational preference.

Attached File  714914.jpg   275.7K   3 downloads

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#33 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

If you guys liked this show, then you should read Stan's book: http://blog.uofmuscl...-body-building/

#34 tennunb

tennunb

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
    G2 MIMP
    Ghostbusters Companions
    Z-bots
    SLUG Zombies
    Ewoks (All types)
    Kombattini
    Battle Beasts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:16 AM

New episodes to air on Netflix 25th May, Really looking forward to the Transformers episode

#35 Azlan82

Azlan82

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:34 AM

Series 3 comes out soon, featuring Turtles, Power Rangers and Wrestling...I assume WWF.

#36 tennunb

tennunb

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
    G2 MIMP
    Ghostbusters Companions
    Z-bots
    SLUG Zombies
    Ewoks (All types)
    Kombattini
    Battle Beasts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:55 AM

Pretty shocked that Power Rangers is making the list over Thundercats and one for the girls My Little Pony

#37 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:46 PM

Good show, horrendously terrible theme song.

It's just the 'Ambiguously Gay Duo' theme, nearly note for note.  I'm surprised they haven't received a cease & desist.  

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com