#1 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

Not meant as condemnation, I don't participate in them anyway, just an observation. Totally didn't happen this year which definitely feels like an LRG first, and no one particularly seemed to miss it?

#2 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:12 PM

It is kind of a bummer, now that you mention it. Truth is, with the rise of facebook and instagram communities, the board has quieted down a bit.

#3 mannakat

mannakat

Electro Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Creature junkie, werewolves, dinosaurs

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:49 PM

It is kind of a bummer, now that you mention it. Truth is, with the rise of facebook and instagram communities, the board has quieted down a bit.

Partly those communities - but many are getting into making their own figures or following individual artists, instead of the current or classic lines that might have encouraged them.

#4 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

I've noticed participation in specific theme forums is on a decline all around as Social media giants steal most the attention of casual collectors. Facebook private groups seem to be the land of treasure hunting. A collector can really get what hes after in some of those amateur spaces. My personal lack of participation in recent months is life getting in the way. I'll never quit eventually coming back to forums like this though. Even if its just to check on Rise of the Beasts news.

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

I got the calendar reminder but was too busy at the time to post. Then I forgot.
By the time I remembered, it was too close to start, and no one asked about it this year.
So, we skipped it.

13 people participated last year, a few really late gifts, and one may not have gotten his gift (MaxRez). I reached out to verify that he did, but no response.

We may get back on track next year. Depends on participation.

Traffic is definitely down since last year (trend actually seems to have started in Feb/March this year), but we are still getting over 40,000 visitors (12,000 unique) each month on about 200,000 page views.

#6 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:42 AM

Xmas without the LRG Secret Santa is clearly missing something...

I´ve been participating in quite a few of the events since I joined here and it´s always been a lot of fun going both ways with on the one end being busy to make/find that ¨perfect¨ gift for the Giftee and on the other hand the thrill of waiting for your Secret Santa Gift to arrive and remaining patient not to open it until Xmas which is always a struggle. It´s always been a surprise every year from very specific custom Beasts till roasted coffee and great pieces of artwork all of which have been or still are really enjoyed till today. The event imho was/is a great way to show the bond between the LRG community board wide because even though most of us are out here for various reasons, all having their own favorite lines and areas on the board to look, events like these really show the connection and the strength of LRG meaning it´s made a success or a failure by us as collectors.

I did ask about the Secret Santa event;

http://www.littlerub...268366&p=703246

But apparently I was the only one...

Social media is great but there´s no place like LRG and everything that´s built up here in decades by all of us and our predecessors is not something that´ll be achieved or found any time soon on any other platform imho so I hope we won´t turn our back to LRG and get things fired up again for 2019!

And with that ensuring that we won´t have to miss another Secret Santa next year!

Edited by Beastformers, 27 December 2018 - 05:44 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#7 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:43 AM

Traffic is definitely down since last year (trend actually seems to have started in Feb/March this year), but we are still getting over 40,000 visitors (12,000 unique) each month on about 200,000 page views.

Wow, that's a huge amount of traffic, if you don't mind me asking whats the highest its ever been? I know when I joined in 07 I had trouble keeping up, I've noticed since coming back I can keep a check on posts more easily. Nevertheless I will always love this board and community it created.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:55 AM

Stats prior to December 2013 are archived (I have all the logs zipped up), but since then, different months ranged from 50k-69k visits (15k-19k unique visitors).
I know it was higher before then, but that is par for the course. Peak in the last 5 years was late 2014 through early 2016. A ton of that (I think) was the mini figure collectors who were peaked by the OMFG line and similar (like Rise of the Beasts ;) , ha ha).

Side note for anyone interested, the stats package I use filters out bot traffic from the stats. I doubt it is perfect, but you don't get the inflated numbers from Google, Bing, Yandex, etc.

Actually, looks like the OMFG bump was in January 2013. Here is an old screenshot I posted int he Staff area back then. Note, those are visits, not unique visits.
Attached File  lrg-stats-omfg-bump.png   36.95K   8 downloads

#9 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:04 PM

I've noticed participation in specific theme forums is on a decline all around as Social media giants steal most the attention of casual collectors. Facebook private groups seem to be the land of treasure hunting. A collector can really get what hes after in some of those amateur spaces. My personal lack of participation in recent months is life getting in the way. I'll never quit eventually coming back to forums like this though. Even if its just to check on Rise of the Beasts news.

I guess I've been somewhat "guilty" of this as well :blush: I got turned on to a Facebook group (from a LRG member ironically) and have been collecting a lot of things there, and haven't been around here near as much as I used to be...I still come around from time to time...But Not nearly as active here as I used to be from last year...Doesn't mean I've abandoned y'all tho...I'll try to post here more often...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com