• Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

Yes sorry bud, I should of been more specific. I was hoping Fede would post some clear pics of his to compare with yours.

Not so sure that Fede will post pics of his bud...

#52 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

It's not a new photo as I don't own the previous Star Monster of course, but here's a side-by-side I just made:

Attached File  starmonster_compare.jpg   90.02K   35 downloads

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#53 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

Not so sure that Fede will post pics of his bud...

Come on guys lets not rup it in... he made a bad purchase(appears that way so far) But exactly for that i wanna believe the Niks jotun was real. So Fede got something worthy for his money. As some theorize it might be real after all...

#54 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

I'm just going to hazard a guess here and say Fede will stay silent, but not because HE feels HE got ripped off......

This isn't the first, or even third time he's been knee deep in something shady. Come on, I could've made the previous "Start Monster" with a heated element.... enough heat to melt the rubber a bit, not so much to burn it.... enough practice and you could easily get it to match the previous one. The new one....... well obviously that was molded that way.

I don't think anyone is rubbing anything in, thinking that someone made a bad purchase. Fact is, he bid that one up, then tried to back the price down after he won (by editing a bid) and he wasn't going to correct that until he was shamed into it. Whether or not he was involved in or the victim of a scam, pretty much means squat in light of what he's done in the past... always skating by, often using ESL or misunderstanding as an excuse. In on it = showing his colors again, victim = payback for the people he's stolen intellectual property from and other shady dealings he's been involved in.

#55 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

I'm just going to hazard a guess here and say Fede will stay silent, but not because HE feels HE got ripped off......

This isn't the first, or even third time he's been knee deep in something shady. Come on, I could've made the previous "Start Monster" with a heated element.... enough heat to melt the rubber a bit, not so much to burn it.... enough practice and you could easily get it to match the previous one. The new one....... well obviously that was molded that way.

I don't think anyone is rubbing anything in, thinking that someone made a bad purchase. Fact is, he bid that one up, then tried to back the price down after he won (by editing a bid) and he wasn't going to correct that until he was shamed into it. Whether or not he was involved in or the victim of a scam, pretty much means squat in light of what he's done in the past... always skating by, often using ESL or misunderstanding as an excuse. In on it = showing his colors again, victim = payback for the people he's stolen intellectual property from and other shady dealings he's been involved in.

Hit the nail on the head.

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#56 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:03 PM

It's not a new photo as I don't own the previous Star Monster of course, but here's a side-by-side I just made:

attachicon.gifstarmonster_compare.jpg

Thanks dude! love the detail on yours, I will be looking at every J-troll from now on.

#57 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

Attached File  Truth Spoken.jpg   9.66K   0 downloads

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#58 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:46 AM

the people he's stolen intellectual property from

3s1ebm.jpg

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#59 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:52 AM

Ah cheers for the backround info. I redraw my previous oppinion...

:lol:

#60 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:03 AM

the people he's stolen intellectual property from

3s1ebm.jpg

I'm presuming he's referring to him sculpting OMFG entries without asking the original artist first. I might be wrong though and he could be referring to something else...

#61 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:39 AM

Admittedly I haven't been here that long but I always thought Fede seemed like a good part of the community. I was thinking of buying the unreleased (custom) sculpts off him if/when they get finished, but what is all this talk of his past reputation? The retracting bid thing was a bit cheeky but not a huge deal, or is there something else?

#62 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

I am curious on the drama too :p but I am just super nosey lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#63 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

Pretty much what you were thinking.... Great idea, I think I'll do that and if backed into a corner I'll ask permission after the fact. Just one to many questionable, shady, somewhat iffy.... whatever. Individually not much to look at, but as things continually come out there is a pattern of questionable behavior that might lead one to believe that he had a hand in a fake, or even orchestrated the whole deal and set up a fake seller. Who knows, but check the pics..... maybe it's more sharpness of the photography, but I swear the details on the other "star monster" are softer, as if maybe it was possibly cast? Certainly faked on some level, and oddly enough popped up from a seller with hardly any knowledge of the line, if memory serves.

*edit

Sorry to aid in derailing this thread....

Super happy for Frank, he is one of the people that makes and keeps this place great! Also happy nobody was taken by the other scam.

Edited by imperfecz, 31 March 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#64 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:58 AM

I'll share my Fede is shady story:

I had 2 dealings with Fede. One transaction went completely fine. Then I bought a rare neon and a promo ghost from him for $80. I wasn't satisfied with the condition so I returned them. He kept my money for about a month total, claiming poverty. A few weeks after he got the figures back he asked me to buy a ceramic squid  glass octopus for him off Ebay for $100+. I said I would buy it for him if he sent me the money for it and I later asked about my refund. I got a refund shortly thereafter and never was asked about the squid again. 

I never mentioned it, because I eventually got my money back. But I never dealt with him after that. 

Edited by Behemoth, 31 March 2015 - 11:36 AM.

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#65 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

Pretty much what you were thinking.... Great idea, I think I'll do that and if backed into a corner I'll ask permission after the fact. Just one to many questionable, shady, somewhat iffy.... whatever. Individually not much to look at, but as things continually come out there is a pattern of questionable behavior that might lead one to believe that he had a hand in a fake, or even orchestrated the whole deal and set up a fake seller. Who knows, but check the pics..... maybe it's more sharpness of the photography, but I swear the details on the other "star monster" are softer, as if maybe it was possibly cast? Certainly faked on some level, and oddly enough popped up from a seller with hardly any knowledge of the line, if memory serves.

*edit

Sorry to aid in derailing this thread....

Super happy for Frank, he is one of the people that makes and keeps this place great! Also happy nobody was taken by the other scam.

Thanks man! 

For what it's worth, I did a small MIMP trade with Nik shortly after he posted about the Star Monster, and he was friendly, fast to ship and easy to deal with. He even made sure to point out that the figure he was going to send me had a light stain to make sure I was okay with it. I didn't pick up on anything shady with the guy, and he did seem to have a genuine interest in collecting MIMP because he was after specific figures and posted pics of his collection and stuff. But who knows for sure what the deal is.

#66 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

A few weeks after he got the figures back he asked me to buy a ceramic squid for him off Ebay for $100+. 

ahh, the ol' ceramic squid bait-n-switch...

seriously though, this gets my vote for "most unexpected sentence of the day"

Edited by bachamn, 31 March 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#67 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

ahh, the ol' ceramic squid bait-n-switch...

seriously though, this gets my vote for "most unexpected sentence of the day"

I thought the same thing, haha. I'm also really surprised that a ceramic squid was going for $100+.

#68 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

I went back and looked through my messages. It was apparently a solid glass octopus, not a ceramic squid. The link is broken, or I would post a picture.

Probably best as this thread is far from the original topic anyway.  

Edited by Behemoth, 31 March 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#69 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:57 PM

Not to discount anyone else's experiences, but I've had a few dealings with Fede and they have all been good.

#70 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

Ive had mixed experiences with Fede, and even though he hay ask a lot for his stuff and run with other peoples ideas, he's never done anything that has rung serious warning bells for me. I could elaborate, but I dont wanna derail this thread.

The missing monsters thing raised a few eyebrows regarding their legitimacy. For me, the asking price per figure is what really got me.

Then the forst star monster surfaced.. It never sat well with me, as it kinda looks like it had been 'doctored' by someone..
Just seeing Franks troll makes me all the more certain that the first troll is nothing but a fake..
The circumstances surrounding the aucton seemed a bit iffy too. Didn't Nik first state how the figure wasnt going to be sold, and only after enough interest had been generated that it was put up for auction here? It all seems like a massive conspiracy theory, haha.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#71 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:37 AM

Didn't Nik first state how the figure wasnt going to be sold, and only after enough interest had been generated that it was put up for auction here? It all seems like a massive conspiracy theory, haha.

Yes, I believe first was "it's not for sale", then "Ok it's for sale but I'm putting it in one of 100 blind bags with common MIMPS you can buy for a markup" (or something like that) then it was "board auction" after people made it obvious they hated the blind bag idea.

Idk, I don't have a dog in this fight but it does seem pretty shady, especially since we've not heard anything from either party since Frank's obviously legit troll surfaced.

#72 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:53 AM

Yeah. I was very concerned when he suddenly wanted to put it for sale after stating it wasn't for sale. At least we all know what a 100% legit troll looks like with a possible color. Maybe the mold was changed but I doubt it.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#73 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

I had done a trade with Nik and had good experience. Small lot of mimp for muscle. I never doubted that his star troll wasn't real and his story and manner seemed legit, even with the falling on hard times and needing money for Christmas time where he then put the troll up for sale.
I guess it just seems weird in my mind that he would surface and have this whole fake background story ironed out when his end goal was just to ultimately sell the figure and dupe everyone. Maybe he did, but it would be hard to know either way. Just going off my experiences with him it all seemed real.

#74 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

Really, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that both trolls were legit. Remember there was a substantial time lag between the original coloured figures and the neon figures being pressed.

I mean, I have the Ultimoja from Gamoja which is plastic painted silver, but Moose also cast some metal Ultimojas. Both are legit, both are completely different, and these are figures which were issued at the same time too.

I am reserving judgement on the whole thing until more star figures emerge.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#75 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:53 AM

Soooo off topic but any change you could pm me some pics of the ultimoja? Especially the metal one intriews me. I collected gamoja for a while but i dont think ive seen anything of ultimoja besides some shady pic here..

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com