75 replies to this topic

#1 Kirbycollector64

Kirbycollector64

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

I had this toy for a long time since I was 7 or 9 years old when I found this at my school, it's amazing and unbelievable what you can remember from your past and knowing that surprisingly has been a long time, I just remember this toy when I was digging through my old stuff and happened to found it buried with my other old stuff toys, this is the only one that really don't belong to me, I stole it from someone at school long time ago and I was just a kid but surprisingly gotten away with it.

I don't know anything about this toy, now I am 22 years old and just curious to find out where did this come from, too bad my mom cut off the tush tag and the dolphin had a small yellow thing on top which hangs the toy somewhere, that's all I know about it.

About the toy's history of how I found it, as far as I can remember, the original owner of this toy I believe it was a young black boy, he looks a bit younger then me, he brought this big bag full of stuffed toys and he was showing them to the teacher, I think this was for a show and tell event, I can't remember what did I have for show and tell at the time, I think I remember having a yellow apple to show to the teacher at the time as some sort of gift (I wished I did not bring anything for her to show, I hate my teacher!) one of the toys the black boy had in his bag is a red dolphin so I just slowly took it away from the bag, it happened during the time when everybody is leaving school going home, my mom was there at the time too and the boy is just dumb not to notice!

Anyway enough said here is the pictures, think you might know where did this red dolphin toy is from?  

004_zps47f8a282.jpg

002_zpscd2a72f8.jpg

The black boy who used to own this might have been grown up by now, I wonder if he is still remember this toy but I am sure when he was young he might have noticed the toy was missing from his bag at the time he left school, well you know what they say, finders keepers! I am just glad and lucky to find this and I am willing to keep it, I don't have any plans to sell it, I am just very curious to know where did this toy come from or if it had a name from a well known popular or not brand at the time when this toy was new from release in stores somewhere.

I would be surprised if this is a happy meal toy because I don't believe it isn't! :D

#2 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

Wait what??

#3 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

looks liek mudkipz to me
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#4 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Wait what??

Exactly!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

looks liek mudkipz to me

Dude I LUUUUV mudkipz

Also: Legit LOL'ing at this entry. It's always a good day when Kirbycollector posts. This guy posts comedy gold.

Edited by Draznar, 29 September 2013 - 08:44 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

this toy I not do know the history or exciting tales of although children must have known been entertained by dolphins of red.

#7 Kirbycollector64

Kirbycollector64

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Well thanks for your comments but I am just asking if you could identify where this toy is from, tush tag was cut off and the toy had a yellow hanger on top but got cut off as well.

I got inspired by the design and might come up with a game project for it! :D

#8 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

Well thanks for your comments but I am just asking if you could identify where this toy is from, tush tag was cut off and the toy had a yellow hanger on top but got cut off as well.

I got inspired by the design and might come up with a game project for it! :D

I never have any idea if you are serious or an elaborate board prank.

This looks like a random and cheap plush animal. It very likely has no brand, and equally as unlikely to have had a maker on it anywhere.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#9 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

POPULAR

Somewhere, someplace, "black boy" is weeping, still wondering where his favorite stuffed dolphin went.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#10 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

Somewhere, someplace, "black boy" is weeping, still wondering where his favorite stuffed dolphin went.

this toy I not do know the history or exciting tales of although children must have known been entertained by dolphins of red.

I'm dying.... :rofl:

#11 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

"The black boy who used to own this might have been grown up by now, I wonder if he is still remember this toy but I am sure when he was young he might have noticed the toy was missing from his bag at the time he left school, well you know what they say, finders keepers!"

So wait... You stole the homemade looking red beanbag fish? 

#12 Kirbycollector64

Kirbycollector64

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

When I first got this toy it had a tush tag (you know the white tag that most plush toys had attached to them? not the hand tag ones TY beanies used, I don't think this is a TY beanie plush, I wished I did not let mom cut the tag off, I was so stupid at the time because when I used to buy lots of plush toys as a kid, I always ask mom to "cut the tags off" I don't think I have the tag anymore, possibly throw it away in the garbage.

I used to collect lots of TY's but like I said, I don't think this is a TY because it had a yellow small hanger on it's head, not sure what would it be for but I don't see TY plush animals having this, could it possibly be an official TY knock off or maybe some Chinese bootleg? You're right though, the last guy who replied above calling it home made, it sure does look like a home made toy but how can it be home made if it had a tush tag on it? tush tags are supposed to help identify the toy and letting you know that it's NOT an unofficial bootleg, however similar knock off clones to TY's could have tush tags too as those kind of companies are official but just inspired by another company's brand, the same goes with Wuzzles, if you remember those old toys of the 80's there have been lots of strange knock offs with strong similarity of very well known toys.

Who knows? it could have been an RARE official knock off toy inspired by the TY plush toys! :D

#13 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

Incredible.

#14 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Kirby! You have a one of a kind KO. That thing is priceless!
<p> </p>
<p>

#15 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

It could have been a claw prize or a carnival toy.

I do find it hilarious that you had to have it so bad that it resulted in you stealing it. Im also a bit thrown off that you care about it so much.:ph34r:

#16 smokinjoe

smokinjoe

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

I read this earlier and didn't know what to say... still don't. :D

#17 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

"Official" bootleg?!

Dolphins have a "tush"?!

I never knew!

Man, this is good stuff!

#18 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

You've got a long way to go, before you can challenge for Alanmask's throne, KC.

#19 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

You've got a long way to go, before you can challenge for Alanmask's throne, KC.

This is still the shit tho, this thread has me confused and scared at the same time.

Incredible.

I don't know why, but everytime I read your post I bust out laughing . :lol:

#20 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

I read this earlier and didn't know what to say... still don't. :D

That's exactly how I felt! I checked this thread probably four times and was left speechless on each. "Incredible" was finally all I could muster. 

I also like how it's somehow important that the kid this was stolen from was a black fellow.

@ Kirby: What does his race have to do with you stealing his stuffed animal?

#21 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

lcjtt.jpg

#22 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

This is still the shit tho, this thread has me confused and scared at the same time.

dogs.gif

#23 smokinjoe

smokinjoe

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

That's exactly how I felt! I checked this thread probably four times and was left speechless on each. "Incredible" was finally all I could muster. 

I also like how it's somehow important that the kid this was stolen from was a black fellow.

@ Kirby: What does his race have to do with you stealing his stuffed animal?

I think he was trying to add colour to the story. Pun intended.

Edited by smokinjoe, 01 October 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#24 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Dolphins have a "tush"?!

Okay, that one, and just that one, I'll give him. The "tush tag" term is one I know from Beanie Babies (...dark times, yes) as a way to describe the tag sewn onto the plush, usually on the "tush" of many animals or the traditional teddy bear-shaped Beanies. Considering his reference to Ty, that would make sense.

Speaking of Ty, HOLY SHIT THEY SAW KIRBY'S POST.

SdErb6D.gif

#25 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

The more KC types, the more my eyes bleed.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com