Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What are the major animals not given a Beast?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:05 PM

There are many Beasts, but there are many many more animals.

When I was a kid, I would make my own battle beasts, thanks to drawing them on paper then laminated the Beasts so they were more permanent. When I get a scanner I might share some of them, so you can see what a bored 10 year old does when his favorite toy line gets canned. I had about 200 of them by the time i finished, though this was years before I found out about the Laser Beasts. I made ones of many different types of animals, most of which weren't already done. They even deviated to just neat looking creatures, not just specific animals. Thanks to me being a huge dinosaur nerd, I had plenty of extinct animals.

Some of my favorites was a Pirate Dog, a Boll Weevil, and a Blue Whale which I made much larger than normal size. I had echidnas, flies, dragonflies, mosquitoes, amoebas, clams, dinosaurs, flying frogs, dodos, quaggas, sea turtles, ancient sea creatures, ostriches

I even modded my old Cuttlefish (or as I knew him, squid) into a nautilus once his arm fell off. Green paint and a snail shell glued to his back (which has since been lost) made him the perfect nautilus, even though they aren't green.

Thanks to the custom page, we have some missing animals done, such as the dalmation, mammoth, various bugs, the three-eye alien, orca, tricerotops, ankylosaurs, Toucan, butterfly, cheetah, pegasus, mantis, wood duck, rays, and clownfish

If I find the right size next time I'm at the beach, I'll be putting together a clam beast. We got a fly and a grasshopper, but how cool would a mosquito be? There isn't a Llama, though for years I though Polar Bear was. In fact, we need a polar bear that looks like a polar bear. There isn't a goat (again, I though antelope was a goat when I was a kid) but we have the rest of the farmyard. There is no turkey, no geese, no rattlesnake. No one-celled Beasts, like Amoebas, Euglenas, Parameciums.
No Beasts who are secretly robots. (well, maybe that Snout Spout custom) We got Stoned Cobras and Stoned Snakes, but what about a Stoned Seal? A Marble Manatee?

What about a Tasmanian Devil? A Tapeworm? An Ant? (Anteater needs a nemesis!)

But what else? What wacky animals would make cool Beasts? What do you, the viewers at home think?
Posted Image

#2 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:33 PM

I totally agree with you on the polar bear....I always thought he was a sheep when I was a kid.
I purposely got a bunch of giraffes so that I could try my hand at making an Okapi. Hopefully I can get the stripes correct :lol:

Andrew
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#3 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:04 PM

What wacky animals would make cool Beasts? What do you, the viewers at home think?

Well, this could be a never ending list, but here are some of the animals I think would have (or can) make for the line:

Dolphin, Chimpanzee, Komodo Dragon, Cheetah, Cardinal, Ant, Bee, Ostrich, Stag Beetle and Wolverine.

I think that those 10 are all common animals that the average kid would be able to reconize if they were intergrated into the line.

Some more 'obscure' animals that I think would be cool are: Red Panda (a totally different animal from the Giant Panda), Gibbon, Ring-tailed Lemur, and a Yellow Jacket.

Just to name a few...
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#4 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:10 PM

Funny thing is, when I was a kid. I thought the Carp was a Pirahna. I want a Pirahna!!!!!

Or a Kimodo Dragon! Yeah that would be cool!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#5 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:37 AM

ditto on the pirahna thing! i've always had a fascination w/ them as a kid probably b/c of the horror movies of the 70's & 80's still trying to make an actualy custom of one but not finding a good subject to work w/. might just have to bust out some clay and sculpt one up???

i did make a few of the above mentioned and i have a few more on the project table that are almost finished. you'll see...

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#6 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:03 AM

Definately a pirana as I love those...what about a blow fish!! That would be sweet too. The ant thing is covered with Giga Leo drawings, I would love to see that red ant he has as an actual customed beast....definately blow fish though...his cheeks could be all puffed up and spikey. That would be cool. I also agree with the Polar bear, he doesn't even look like one. :lol: A warthog would be sweet!! like pillager pig but with gnarly tusks that are chipped and have a hunched back and fierce eyes and....and....okay I think I am getting a lil' carried away.. ;) :lol: ;)

My Beasts: Blow fish
Warthog

Edited by tonganbynature, 26 May 2006 - 04:04 AM.

Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#7 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:44 AM

As a kid, I always wanted Dinosaur battle beasts. I of course didn't know about the japanese laser beasts, or even the america shadow beasts for that matter.

I also would have loved a Hammerhead Shark and a big Manta Ray.

As a kid too, I wanted an Eagle and a Komodo Dragon, but I thought Colonel Bird was an eagle, and I thought Tangolin' Pangolin was a Komodo Dragon.

I think a really mean looking Wildebeast could be pretty cool too.

Eric

#8 mbright

mbright

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

got to have:
dolphin (role model as a toy)
cat/bobcat (how can u miss it? make up in LB though. same for wolf)
donkey (no, not shrek)
shrimp (Zarig is a Lobster?)
ortrich (1 of a kind)
cockroach (there has to be somebeast who die first)

love to have:
crane (made in china/japan)
scorpion (so that spider won't feel lonely)
anaconda (my favorite)
霹雳怪兽军团

#9 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:30 PM

Actually he is a Crayfish. But that is just a small lobster anyway! :blink:

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#10 mbright

mbright

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

Actually he is a Crayfish. But that is just a small lobster anyway! :lol:

WhiteLeo

Oh I see, u can find tons of Crayfish in a Chinese Buffet. Didn't notice that wea the poor Zarig family though. :ulp:

Next time, I may bring Zarig with me for dinner to "teach him a leason" :blink:
霹雳怪兽军团

#11 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

My Beasts: Blow fish

Must include authentic 'inflating body' action and also be deadly to eat!

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#12 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

There are way lots too choose from
but what comes to mind that I would want
would be a Rat ,I've bit maped one once useing
a Groundwolf it was way cool with a meanaceing grin.
Heck I'd even call it Ben, :blink: .

Yep,just remembered I use the bit maped rat as my profile photo.

Edited by TOPHER, 15 October 2006 - 10:06 PM.

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#13 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:38 PM

I remember we had a list of beasts and I made some up:

Angry Ant
Shiny Seal
Harvesting Hedgehog
Predator Piranha
Larting Lama
Humour Hyena
Pirating Pelican
Swift Seagull
Stinging Jellyfish
Endless Eartworm
Brilliant Badger
Mythical Yeti
Omnivourous Otter
Happy Hamster
Gruesome Guinea-pig
Slippery Snail
Suffer Swan
Great Goose
Wicked Wasp
Painfull Peacock
Small Shrimp
Twilight Tucan
Dreaded Donkey
Handy Housecat
Quick Quetzal
Longtail Lemur
Odd Okapi
Killer Komodo
Mad Manatee
Electric Eel
Sailfish
Seadragon
Slick Squid
Polar Puffin
Wild Wombat
Crazy Cuscus
Fierce Pheasant
Mosquito Mayhem
Battle Bee
Tremor Turkey
Panzer Pillbug
Creepy Catfish
Power Pigeon

I tried my hand on the pelican, llama, pillbug and also tried sculping a newt and asian bear..... But I didn't like them a bit, far too sloppy/ amateuristic look. I guess I'm not a great sculpter :blink:

#14 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:54 PM

I liked your Pelican, I saved the huge jpg of it that was posted in the test forum
Posted Image

#15 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:01 AM

hehehe, I thought it was UGLY myself, the idea was ok, but sculpting is HARD, because sculpy gets very soft when you're working with it and removing the fingerprints kinda makes it hard to keep the detail....

But nevertheless, thanks for liking it :ulp:

btw: that photo was HUGE and I couldn't get them smaller on photobucket without removing them :blink: so, I removed them since I wasn't fond of the results anyways :lol:

#16 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:44 AM

Tars Tarkas said - I made ones of many different types of animals, most of which weren't already done. They even deviated to just neat looking creatures, not just specific animals. Thanks to me being a huge dinosaur nerd, I had plenty of extinct animals.

IMO thats the natural direction Battle Beast customs should take. I havent seen a ton of insects customs nor Dinosaur customs and you would think they would be heavily present (in fact i havent seen a ton of customs in general but i wont talk until i submit a few of my own) considering how popular both are in Western culture. Hell...entire armies or at least large scale factions could be represented with those 2 alone.

how cool would a mosquito be?

VERY. A blood sucking battle beast that ISNT a bat? A story in the making...

No Beasts who are secretly robots.

Reading my mind ina manner of speaking. You cant have cybertronian designed armor and not have at least *ONE* robot in the BB universe.

Im all for more mammals but i have to admit...just like lizards have a certain appeal insects do as well. Great cannon fodder........

Personally id like to see robots, "creatures" and "ultra" Battle Beast i.e. beast that were a bit more vicious looking when compared to the normalline. Similar to standing the Incredible Hulk next to your average human figure. Yeah they may both look tough but theres no question who King **** is :blink:
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#17 Macod0shus

Macod0shus

Macod0shus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:56 AM

I agree on the insects and dinosaurs. I think both of those animal areas are HUGE treasures for potential customs. I try to go into there once in awhile when i do my drawings but thats as far as i can go. Maybe one day ill look into actually making customs. For now ill just keep drawing.
btw those llama, pelican and asian bear customs are very well done. I personally love seeing new animals being made into battle beasts, i like the repaints too, but those NEW animals are my favorites.

#18 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:53 PM

Tars Tarkas said - I made ones of many different types of animals, most of which weren't already done. They even deviated to just neat looking creatures, not just specific animals. Thanks to me being a huge dinosaur nerd, I had plenty of extinct animals.

IMO thats the natural direction Battle Beast customs should take. I havent seen a ton of insects customs nor Dinosaur customs and you would think they would be heavily present (in fact i havent seen a ton of customs in general but i wont talk until i submit a few of my own) considering how popular both are in Western culture. Hell...entire armies or at least large scale factions could be represented with those 2 alone.

When I'm home for Christmas I'm bringing back all the paper beasts i made when I was a kid and will be scanning them into the computer, so they'll be shared here as well as on my site. There is over 200 of them total (I numbered them starting with #77 as I didn't know about the laser beasts) and I remember them cracking 300 before I finished. Of course, I was 8 when I started making them, so they won't be professional level products, but some of the later ones are pretty good for a kid.

I also have a continuation of the Battle Beast comic somewhere that I worked on when I was bored as a kid (badly drawn and unfinished as well) that I will scan up as well. You people will be freaked out at how big of a Battle Beast nerd I was as a kid.
Posted Image

#19 Macod0shus

Macod0shus

Macod0shus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

i hope you do that Tars, one of the great things about this board is the ability for people to post just about any sketch or piece of art theyve done no matter how "good" or "bad" they think it is. Because it ALWAYS sparks or ignites some sort of creativity factor in someone else no matter how bad u think it is. Can't wait to see your stuff!

#20 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:42 PM

I agree on the insects and dinosaurs. I think both of those animal areas are HUGE treasures for potential customs.

I agree too although I'd have made the groups:

- Insects
- Prehistoric animals (dinosaurs & prehistoric mammals)
AND
- Mythological animals (we've already seen some nice dragons and the Griffin as customs here but there are many more COOL creatures :lol: )

Posted Image

#21 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:25 PM

I want to see a Kraken! :lol: And a cooler looking cow. Make it look more like a Minotaur! That would be cool!

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#22 cylon_centurian

cylon_centurian

....November Coming Fire....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:15 AM

I want to see a Kraken! :D And a cooler looking cow. Make it look more like a Minotaur! That would be cool!

WhiteLeo

CHULTHULU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

and i would love to see a wolverine :w00t:
Posted Image

#23 tirdman83

tirdman83

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:SHAG, Dino Riders, GI JOE, Battle Beasts, Coarsetoys, Dunny

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:36 PM

Wasp, Blowfish?
Those were 2 I could think of.
Posted Image

#24 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:01 AM

I want to see a Kraken! :lol: And a cooler looking cow. Make it look more like a Minotaur! That would be cool!

WhiteLeo

CHULTHULU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

EXACTLY!!!!

some of the new MIMP line would make nice BB:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts