Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Which "Battle Beasts" line will you likely support?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Which "Battle Beasts" line will you likely support? (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Which "Battle Beasts" line will you likely support?

1. Diamond Select's Battle Beasts (5 votes [7.58%])

Percentage of vote: 7.58%

2. Takara / Tomy's Beast Saga (30 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. Plastic Imagination's Rise of the Beasts (2 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

4. Classic Battle Beasts and Laser Beasts only (5 votes [7.58%])

5. Glyos Armorvors (5 votes [7.58%])

6. Any I can get my shaking hands on (19 votes [28.79%])

Percentage of vote: 28.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 steelfrogSteve

steelfrogSteve

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hey everybody,

This is a pretty exciting time to be a Battle Beast collector! With several companies releasing prototypes / teasers of new "spiritual successor" lines we will soon be able to add to our collections with brand new figures. While a lot can happen between a picture of a prototype being posted online and a figure being stocked on a shelf or available for order, it's hopefully safe to say that one of these lines will be launched soon!

Let's imagine that all those lines we've been hearing about are launched some time in 2012 / early 2013- which are you most excited about / willing to spend money on?
"After the combat, the beasts unite as friends."

#2 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

I can't answer this poll as long as it is missing the ARMOVOR answer.

What if we want answer with a combo not available like "Classic and Beast Saga only" ?

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I won't touch the sodding mini mate garbage.

#4 steelfrogSteve

steelfrogSteve

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

I can't answer this poll as long as it is missing the ARMOVOR answer.

What if we want answer with a combo not available like "Classic and Beast Saga only" ?

I am not too familiar with Armovor; can you share a link? If you're excited about a few different lines I'd select the last answer. It's not the most scientific poll but it will be kind of fun to see where everyone is leaning.

#5 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

You can see plenty of version of the Armovor on the TGB blog.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

I added the Armorvor option. Man, that new lion head is sweet!

#7 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I don't know. I'm not diggin most of these new series. I liked what PI showed, but I guess until there is product I can't say. I really liked the Squatter they designed alot.

At the moment Classic is the way to stay.

Posted Image

#8 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Yea i have to say the same im not keen either. In order for them to have the same magic as battle/ Laser beasts they need to have a orb or rub. Thats why i am really not interestted in the mini mate gators i was really disapointed with them.

Also i would like them to the same size and have a similer look. Just with new animals.

I liked the ROTB Squat figures but not the longer skinny one. Its tough. Jsay

#9 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

If people I know are going to start a Battle Beasts-related line, I will always support it and encourage all collectors I know to get behind it. However, Battle Beasts will, for me, be about the original line only; I personally am not interested in re-launches or similar toys.

#10 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

I'm up for many new beasties. Armorvors are going to remain out of my price range until there's a mass production opportunity for the line, but otherwise as a long time Transformers collector I've been thinking about what will best compliment what on my shelves. My thinking at the momont is that original BBs should stay with the G1 TFs, RotB go with my larger scaled Classics styled TFs (they'll look great with Target Hardhead/HR Hothead and Million Publishing Stepper and Artfire), Beast Saga with smaller scaled Classics and any Minimates I pick up can share shelf space with the smallest (TF Legends and figures to scale) of my Classics style groups.
soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#11 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Beast Saga has me DROOLING!!!

#12 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'll stick to the Classics!
All the other lines will give their best shot to come close to the succes of the originals but this is just impossible since the design of the originals in my opinion is so detailled and timeless that it'll be an impossible task.
Its a matter of memories and the time in which they were launched....... this value is something that cannot be fulfilled with all these new lines. And to be honest I think the time has changed to much for a succesfull toyline.
Does anyone on here think that over 20 till 25 years from now the children of today would be collecting Pokemon or other toylines of today....... I don't think so.

Think we've to face the facts.......
The succes of the Battle Beasts is created by the Children of the seventies and eighties, this time has passed and it has to be a damn good line when children of today will be triggered to get away from their PC and gameconsoles. Just like before it are the children that make these lines a succes because the developer cannot live and produce for the handfull of collectors for who only the name Battle Beasts is enough.

Nothing will ever beat the orignal beasts for me.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#13 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

We haven't had any Beasts beyond the 4 Minimates in, what, 23 years? I gotta try 'em all out. I know the Minimates should be, at worst, fun. Beast Saga should be great, price and size permitting.

...that and there's probably not going to be any price drops on the Lasers at this rate. :) It's new figures or bust from here on out!

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#14 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

I replied "Any I can get my shaking hands on" because this new lines are all different visions of Battle Beasts. Of course none will never detroned the vintage ones for the simple fact that I could not have played with them when I was young. The nostalgia will be stronger than anything. Now as an adult I see all this new figures as tribute to my beloved Battle Beasts. I just hope that my childrens will like them enough so we can play together like we do with Glyos or Gormiti. If not then I will have to play alone.

#15 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

I am looking forward to collecting the DST Battle Beasts. The art and the direction they are going look amazing. I think they have put a lot of time and effort in to the Battle Beasts brand name and taken what the community has said to heart. I cant wait to start snatching these guys up and displaying them with my other beasts.

Edit: Does anybody know if the yellow gator was every available? or was that just promo pics for the early announcement of the DST minimate carrier?

Edited by Kingjaja, 14 April 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#16 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

I will be supporting Beast Saga if they end up being in a small scale to display with my Transformers Classics collection.

Diamond Battle Beasts - No these are just Mini-mate styled Animal warriors.

Plastic Imagination’s Rise of The Beasts - Not interested in none articulated LRG Beasts.

Classics - I own the Classics. They are Great.

Glyos Armorvors - I don’t care for Glyos but these do show promise and remind me very much of the Classic BB Aesthetic .

#17 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

Four for us and 12 for anything they can get? Hey, I'll take it!

For the shaky-handed, ours will be the only ones available in Toys R Us, and they'll cost less than $10 for a pack of 2. Plus, there'll be a comic you can read. A good one!

#18 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

For the shaky-handed, ours will be the only ones available in Toys R Us, and they'll cost less than $10 for a pack of 2. Plus, there'll be a comic you can read. A good one!

That's a pretty good deal. While I'm leaning towards the Beast Saga more (the aesthetic is more appealing to me), I will probably give these a shot for myself and my kids. The ram has been growing on me the more pictures I see of it.

#19 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

I voted all I can get my hands on as I will certaily sample them all. I can see myself continuing to collect Classic, Diamond Select Beasts, and Armorvors.

#20 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I'll continue adding to my classic collection, definitely be going after the mini-mates if they continue looking as good as Vorin, Beast Saga looks frankly embarrassing - I'd have expected something far better from the original company TBH - and this is the first time I've seen the Armorvor figures - they certainly look interesting.

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#21 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

It's funny cuz now there is going to be a battle of the beasts...

#22 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Just because I can but the DST BB at TRU, doesn't mean that I will. I suffer from severe mate-hate, and there isn't a cartoon or comic out there that can make me buy them.

#23 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

It's funny cuz now there is going to be a battle of the beasts...

I don't think that there will be a battle. The 3 lines are all in totally different markets. The Beast Saga will be released in Japan, the Armovor will be available only through Onell site and the Minimates will be made available in Toys'r Us. The only ones that would have to make a choice are the members of the Battle Beasts community on internet. Those are not the ones that will make a line a success or a failure. This community is not large enough to have any important influence on mass market. The Beast Saga will be a hit if japanese kids decide that it should be. DST Battle Beasts will be a hit if american kids want it to be so. Even the Armovor success will be determined by the support of the Glyos community and not the BB one.

#24 steelfrogSteve

steelfrogSteve

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I was a skeptic at first, though after seeing the ram I'm on board. Any word on if they'll be released in TRU in Canada?

#25 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Um... I was just playing off Battle Beasts....

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com