Theme© by Fisana

Photo

The commonness of Chase Figures being Clear?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Ok, here's a question that came up seeing Lord's new post of the Clear Beast Saga figures presented as being the chase figures within this line.

I've been around here for quite a while now but I guess not long enough to know about certain 'rules' (?) within LRG land as it looks to me as if all lines are producing clear figures as chase/promotion figures. We know the Clear (stripped) Carp and Gator within the vintage BB line where DST is comming up with the Vorin in several Clear colors as a promotion figure and now we have these BS clear figures showing up. Is this somekind of unwritten rule there is or is it just a coincidence they're all releasing these clear figures? I can remember having seen some other clear LRG figs on other parts of this board who have a chase/rare status as well so to me it looks like a common rule amongst these toy lines.

Hope I was able to make my question clear :) and somebody is able to give me a clear :) answer to it.

Thnx
GJ

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

I think how beast saga are going to work it is following the classic designer vinyl rule.. which imo is a pain in the ass and will cost you a shit ton of money if it is the case. So before I got back into toys I was collecting Android designer toys and lets say there are 24 boxes to a case and each case has a chance to have a rare or a 'chase' figure in it. the series 2 was not as bad as series 1 but each chase has a ratio. like 1/16 or 1/32 so saying 1 out of every 32 boxes has this rare figure. I know I kinda rambled through this maybe someone else can explain this a bit better than me lol
Posted Image

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

I know about the blind boxes as I've been into collecting JLed figures for a short period which works according to the ratio issue as well.

But this is not really about their ratio but more about their appearance, why always clear!?

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Haven't you notice clear/translucent chase is a common alternative to get something new from the same old mold, just like different colors. You see this all the time with toy companies and indie casters. Essentially its just a marketing ploy to build up interest in collecting which ideally increases sales.

And it certainly is no coincidence, everyone is using this clear chase model for years now. It's just shitty how they go about it by including them in blind boxes, really just manipulating the collector into buying more of the same figures before they manage to get the chase.

Edited by FANtomCore, 23 July 2012 - 01:51 PM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#5 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

And it certainly is no coincidence, everyone is using this clear chase model for years now. It's just shitty how they go about it by including them in blind boxes, really just manipulating the collector into buying more of the same figures before they manage to get the chase.

Here's the thing, are these even the blind-boxed ones? (And was it confirmed the assortment is indeed blind boxed and not assorted?)

My notes say a Blazing Lion, Bear(?), Gorilla, Walrus, Alligator, and Parrot are supposed to be in the first batch of blind boxed figures. Is it possible that these are just a retail incentive chase program for the REGULAR, non-assorted, solid-packed figures?

It's not unprecedented. Funko does it with their bobble heads, I think 1:36 of many of their lines have unique deco or different color display stands. Which, given I'm not ordering cases, would tick me off if I order 1 Dolphin and I get the clear one and then have to go buy ANOTHER Dolphin. I don't feel coerced into buying anything, I just want the regular versions and no fuss.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#6 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

I know about the blind boxes as I've been into collecting JLed figures for a short period which works according to the ratio issue as well.

But this is not really about their ratio but more about their appearance, why always clear!?

Is it cheaper or quicker to make clear figures rather than invest in new colors for chase figures? I've wondered about the clear figure trend as well. Just about every toy line seems to be going with it these days.

#7 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

i dont even really like the clear figures. they look pretty cool, but i wouldnt go crazy chasing this dragon. i would assume theres 1 or 2 per case.
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#8 Jestermon

Jestermon

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Because clear plastic looks neat.

They do look nice as well.
Posted Image

#9 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

For me the clear figures looks like "the soul of ...".

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#10 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

I sure hope these are not SUPER rare. My OCD will not let me go without them! + I think they are cool as heck!

#11 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

I sure hope these are not SUPER rare. My OCD will not let me go without them! + I think they are cool as heck!

I think they are insanely cool too, but I won't go off the deep end if I don't get them all.

#12 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Is it cheaper or quicker to make clear figures rather than invest in new colors for chase figures? I've wondered about the clear figure trend as well. Just about every toy line seems to be going with it these days.

wouldn't it be cheaper and quicker since you don't have to pay for paint, dont need to run the figures through an extra process paying for electricity to run machines, maintenance and workers as well as an extra step for more defects to occur ( if they even cared)
a paint variant would work to make collectors shell out twice the money but clear figures seem like they could be ever so slightly more profitable to me

#13 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Maybe each figure will just be released each way as a variant and not chase figure.

#14 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

Maybe each figure will just be released each way as a variant and not chase figure.

true but by puting them in blind bags and changing the ratio the can sell more theoretically and most often money is the main factor

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com