Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Do any of you have clear/translucent MIMP?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GakMan

GakMan

Gak-Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:34 PM

Do any of you guys actually own any of these and have decent images of your collection?

I've seen very few online but they look great. What are the quality of these like? Do they feel any different to regular MIMP? And what's the story behind them? I've heard of some being from Mexico and Greece.

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

Here are a couple of the clear Sonrics. They are similar in feel to the Matchbox but smaller and the sculpting is less precise. 

Attached Files

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 SMHM80

SMHM80

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:03 AM

The quality is pretty bad on those, and they almost always go for too much money in auctions. For no good reason either, since they're bootlegs. In most collectible circles, counterfeits are worth next to nothing, but leave it to MiMP scalpers to bleed you dry for everything.

#4 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

I have a bunch you can see on my Instagram @paul.sewell.14
See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

I wouldn't say counterfeits are Worth next to nothing in most lines. When it comes to small rubber guys, bootlegs seem to pull as much or maybe a little more than the average regular figure.

The average muscle figure runs about a dollar or less each, but a bootleg of that same figure can go for $2 to $5 depending on the sculpt and sometimes even more if hard to find.

So I'm not surprised at all for a bootleg figure in a color or type of rubber that wasn't released any other way

#6 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

I've gladly payed upwards of $15 each for Mexican mimp bootlegs from the 90s which are outrageously beautiful. I do have to say that I get them closer to $10 or under these days though.

Also, depending on what you mean by translucent they could be from a lot of places. Clear are sonrics from Mexico. Translucent with color can be Cromy from Argentina, Greek mimp or even Mexican bootlegs.

Sonrics are not bootlegs SMHM80; they are third party licensed; and while they are not as good quality as matchbox they are far from bad. Most of my transparent are nearly perfect . not to mention that many of them are exceptionally rare which is why they command a high price.

Edited by PaulEWog116, 09 May 2017 - 04:30 PM.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#7 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

I, personally, think the clear and translucent figures are beautiful. It is pretty hard to not want those. 

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com