11 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

I got the complete UM Manga collection in very good condition (Adult owned, no tears) and I am looking to see if there is interest for them and at what price? Not looking to sell piecemeal, but as a whole set.

#2 Sublime

Sublime

Most Dope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman,DBZ,Doctor Who, Dylan Dog, Comics, Coins, oddball items, toys in general

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

I'm assuming they are in english, right? I might be interested if so.

#3 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

Yes, they are in English. They were $290 retail price, $10 each X 29, so please don't make offers less than that.

Edited by TheRealLordJaguar, 22 May 2017 - 02:56 PM.

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Yes, they are in English. They were $290 retail price, $10 each X 29, so please don't make offers less than that.

I think asking $10 each is pushing it on these, almost all are available on Amazon for $5-$8 each (some as low as $3) with prime shipping. Obviously just my opinion.

Plus once you put them for sale you need to list a price with them, not take offers.

Edited by Ericnilla, 22 May 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#5 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

My bad on not seting a price...I thought that was the for sale section not the What it's worth section. Anyways, are you saying they actually lost value?

#6 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

My bad on not seting a price...I thought that was the for sale section not the What it's worth section. Anyways, are you saying they actually lost value?

You don't need to set a price here. He said once you put them for sale you will need a price.

To clarify the rules a little bit:

You can set any asking price you like, and accept any offers after that. We just want all members to have the same starting point.

And yes, by the sounds of what Eric is saying they have depreciated in value. You are free to set any prices you like, of course, but Eric is generally a pretty knowledgeable dude. In my many experiences with him, he has never misled me on the value of an item.

Edited by Draznar, 23 May 2017 - 02:00 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#7 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

Yeah you don't need to add a price when in the "what its worth" section, but as soon as you added the retail price and asked for offers of at least that the thread changed.

And I wouldn't say they lost value, but most translated mainstream manga doesnt hold its value from what I've seen. Unless its unread mint, newer Used manga is usually cheaper than retail.

#8 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

Well, that sucks! No point in selling them if that is the case. Any mod can feel free to close this thread.

#9 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:41 AM

Well, that sucks! No point in selling them if that is the case. Any mod can feel free to close this thread.

Can I just say this is a perfect example of what happens way too often with MUSCLE figures. People imagine a value; the value is incorrect; and they just sit on figures.

I don't understand it.

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:01 AM

It makes a little more sense here, when we're talking about 29 volumes of a manga series that is heavy and cumbersome to pack and ship. But for figures, not so much.

#11 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Can I just say this is a perfect example of what happens way too often with MUSCLE figures. People imagine a value; the value is incorrect; and they just sit on figures.

I don't understand it.

I didn't imagine a value, I saw the value as it was printed on the manga and as I paid for it. I rather keep the books if selling them means I lose 60% of my investment. 

#12 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:39 PM

I didn't imagine a value, I saw the value as it was printed on the manga and as I paid for it. I rather keep the books if selling them means I lose 60% of my investment.

It's understandable that you would want what you put in it. It sucks that certain things don't hold their value, UM just doesnt have the following to bring higher prices.

Maybe someday you will find someone that is willing to but all at once, its not out of the question.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com