4 replies to this topic

#1 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

I got the gotenk figure in 1999 from a dollar store. Gotenk(trunks+goten fusion) didn't exist in America as far as I know until like 3 years ago..... It's a 3 inch fairly bendable figure (has wires but doesn't really bend far). It's a really good quality figure not like most dollar store toys. It's back says 1999 B.S. / S.T.A.

My piccolo keshi has the same B.S. thing but not the rest. I dunno I thought it was kinda wierd. No one knew who it was until GT came out and I was like "I have a figure of him!". Kinda weird... doesn't really look like a bootleg or anything.

#2 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:45 PM

We need a mexican member on our boards as I think Mexico was ahead of us in the Dragonball sweepstakes.
Also I've seen a lot of legit/high level bootleg merch come out of mexico at dollar stores.
That would be my theory legit mexican figure.

#3 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:44 PM

We need a mexican member on our boards as I think Mexico was ahead of us in the Dragonball sweepstakes.
Also I've seen a lot of legit/high level bootleg merch come out of mexico at dollar stores.
That would be my theory legit mexican figure.

Yeah i've seen a few Mexican DBZ bootlegs. Most low quality ones that people buy for their bootleg websites =P. One is a Goku Mask with a dragonball. The dragonball is a rubber basketball with a red star sticker :lol:. Thanks for the info though. I just started wondering about that after I read the date on his back and I remembered windering who this unknown saiyan was.

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:01 PM

You sure it doesn't say 1989? Alot of the older DBZ stuff has 1989 as the date no matter when it was made. B.S. stands for Bird Studios / And S.T.A Stands for Shueisha Toei Animation. Bird is because Tori in Toriyama means bird (Akira Toriyamas last name)

Also I'm pretty sure we saw Gotenks over here back in 2001 2002, I should know cause I never missed an episode, and watched it everyday after school, and even had to record it for one of my friends who's parents got rid of cable. :lol: In fact I can't recall Gotenks being in GT at all, Trunks and Goten were grown up. :lol:

Are you trying to identify the set this fig belongs too?

Posted Image

#5 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

Nah I just thought it was weird. I didn't remember when gotenks was from for sure but I thought it was in GT =P. I haven't watched that show in years.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com