7 replies to this topic

#1 d_knight7

d_knight7

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:18 PM

Just as the title says. I collect mini's/gashapon/pvc's in the 1.5"/35-40mm scale, and I'm always looking for interesting pieces.

I'm looking to build a list of all the pieces available out there in this scale (obviously the 1.5" is a human man, a 1.5" Godzilla would be no use to me, because in comparison it would be a midget).

If it pleases you, please drop by with some ideas (ideas with links are even better!) to help me build as large a database as possible.

Again the scale is 1.5" = 6 ft, the same as 1/48 scale vehicles uses.

Thanks in advance! :lol:

EDIT: Fixed my scale, and laid things out better, thanks dankingery B)

This may make things more clear.

I have a large Heroclix collection, and I'm always looking for things in the same scale, non-deformed or big head (ie 'realistic' proportions).

Stuff in the correct scale I am already aware of:

Heroclix
Horrorclix
Mage Knight
Star Wars mini
D&D minis
Dragonball Z Full Color R gashapon
Dreamblade
Gangs of Mega-City One
Heroscape/Marvel Heroscape
Doctor Who Micro-Universe

Looking to add to my list B)

Edited by d_knight7, 19 September 2008 - 08:40 PM.

#2 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

have you done a search on ebay for gashapon. there's usually about 500 current auctions running for them, with about 100 new ones everyday to keep up with the attrition.

what specifically are you looking for. humanoids, super deformed, anime properties, kaiju, robots/mechs, cars, food?

and did you mean millimeteres instead of centimeters? :)

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#3 d_knight7

d_knight7

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

have you done a search on ebay for gashapon. there's usually about 500 current auctions running for them, with about 100 new ones everyday to keep up with the attrition.

what specifically are you looking for. humanoids, super deformed, anime properties, kaiju, robots/mechs, cars, food?

and did you mean millimeteres instead of centimeters? :)

I edited my post to be more clear in what I was about, thanks.

#4 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:14 PM

i'm guessing if you already know about heroclix then you prolly know about heroscape. still, just thought i would mention it seeing as how i was just messing around with my marvel heroscape set.

EDIT: btw, welcome to the board. :)

Edited by dankingery, 19 September 2008 - 07:21 PM.

#5 d_knight7

d_knight7

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

i'm guessing if you already know about heroclix then you prolly know about heroscape. still, just thought i would mention it seeing as how i was just messing around with my marvel heroscape set.

EDIT: btw, welcome to the board. :)

Edited it on to my list, thanks for the reminder!

Yeah I got the Heroscape set with the cyber-monkeys and skeleton hounds, and I picked up the Marvel Heroscape set cheap on Amazon. I'd get more, but they're a little pricey for me because I usually only like half the sculpts in any set :confused:

Thank you for the welcome, I've been collecting clix-type games for a few years now and I'm trying to branch out, but I'm an incredible stickler for scale. It's really hard to find out info on a lot of these gumball/gashapon/pvc sets, so this seems like a good little site to ask questions and chat about stuff on.

PS - Doctor Who Micro-Universe, another one I just remembered for the list.

#6 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

one of my buddies from the board is really into dr who. i'll have to send those his way.

do you have any pics of your collection you could throw up in the collections forum? i'd love to see them. i've always like the heroclix line. i've just never bought any. not totally by choice, recently tried to get my hands on a gigantic lot on ebay. over 5000 figs. if i didn't have a bunch of other auctions already in the pipe, i could have thrown enough money to score it. went for about $400 and something dollaridoos.

EDIT:

i just remembered. the smith's/kroger right by my house has some small batman figures in the penny machine. the detail is greatly inferior to anything you've already got i'm sure. but they are the same scale you're looking for.

Edited by dankingery, 19 September 2008 - 09:05 PM.

#7 d_knight7

d_knight7

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

one of my buddies from the board is really into dr who. i'll have to send those his way.

do you have any pics of your collection you could throw up in the collections forum? i'd love to see them. i've always like the heroclix line. i've just never bought any. not totally by choice, recently tried to get my hands on a gigantic lot on ebay. over 5000 figs. if i didn't have a bunch of other auctions already in the pipe, i could have thrown enough money to score it. went for about $400 and something dollaridoos.

EDIT:

i just remembered. the smith's/kroger right by my house has some small batman figures in the penny machine. the detail is greatly inferior to anything you've already got i'm sure. but they are the same scale you're looking for.

I'm originally from England, and my folks still live there, and it's my Birthday in 2 weeks, so my folks and brother are getting me a bunch of Dr Who Micro boosters :lol: I'll be sure and post about my pulls, maybe even have some spares for trade.

I would have went and photographed my collection right now, except I had a house sale fall through a few months back and my minis are still boxed up from when I thought I was moving :lol:

I've got, God, I dunno, a couple of thousand pieces maybe? Heroclix mostly, not many expensive pieces, but a ton of generics, and most Marvel available characters (Not a big DC fan, and I need to prioritize my spending) . Also some star wars, horrorclix, heroscape, Mage Knight, D&D, Dreamscape, some gumball stuff, a Galactus, a Watcher, Mole Man's Monster, some nice Iron Giant toys that make great 1930's Superman killer robots, etc.

The non-clix stuff is all stuff like robots, aliens, monsters, anything that looks interesting really. Clix is my main collection, the rest is just filler (IE I don't collect other lines, only pieces). My fun is finding cool things in the correct scale. Galactus, Watcher and Mole Man's Monster are all toys I found that were good approximations for huge heroclix pieces.

I'm also in to RPG's,a nd one day I plan to run a big Marvel RPG campaign with maps and my huge mini collection, custom sculpt characters, the whole nine yards.

PS- I've got some Heroclix extras, I'd certainly be willing to discuss some kind of trade or a cheap grab bag or something. Clix are really cool pieces, I'd love to hook you up. Just lmk.

#8 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:09 PM

this site has a lot of scaled figures. didn't really look at them all, seems most are 1/35 or 1/72 scale though. but thought you might see something here you might like. terrain at the very least.

scale hobbyist.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com