#1 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 19 August 2002 - 08:24 AM

My wife was reading in a Japanese entertainment magazine that Jump Comics Selection Japan will be releasing a monthy manga in English in the USA! For those of you not familiar with Jump, they put out a weekly thick comic book in Japan with a ton of different comics inside. Each week there is a new chapter etc (kind of like the comics in the newspaper, only a lot longer). Well, kinnikuman is released through Jump comics, as well as stuff like Dragon Ball Z et.... The article said that kinnikuman would be part of this, but it did not say if it was Generation 2 or not.

The article mentioned the popularity of japanese manga overseas, and said that the comic should do well. It said that Dragon Ball is really popular in the us, and the manga in English would be popular. It said that the comic would be sold at comic book stores, as well as large book stores.

In the mean time, if you are looking for kinnikuman manga, CDs and Videos in Japanese, go to:

fujisan.com, and select the English website.... then search for kinnikuman.

They are based in the USA
Posted Image

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 10:32 AM

Cool news! I always liked the format of those large comic magazines. Although the individual comics are shorter, you get a bunch of titles in a single issue more frequently.

The article mentioned the popularity of japanese manga overseas, and said that the comic should do well. It said that Dragon Ball is really popular in the us, and the manga in English would be popular.

Dragonball and Dragonball Z are already published over here by a comic company (Viz, I think). Would they be reprinting the issues in the original format?

I hope they do what Viz did with Dragonball Z... that is, instead of making a mirror image of the comic pages (so that they'd be read from left to right like American comics) they kept the original format of right to left reading. Certain characters in DBZ are not really symmetrical (think of Goku's hair) and a mirror image would really be distracting. The same is probably true of Kinnikuman and alot of Japanese comics.

-Nathan

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com