#76 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:42 PM

Update!

Arforbes recently found a Red #133. This figure belongs to Part 11, along with 9 other sculpts. Before this find, I thought Part 11 did not come in Red, as no other figure had been found in Red for Part 11. However, Philly Madison had reported have MUSCLEs 131 and 136 in Red, which also belong to Part 11.

Red 133

Posted Image

Part Eleven

Because of this discovery, the Red needs have been updated: Red Needs

Also, I want to apologize to any collectors who were misled by the fact that I had previously said Part Eleven figures were NOT made in Red. To insure no one is misled in the future, I have removed all "Not Made" labels. While it is EXTREMELY likely that all Parts are missing at least one color, and many Parts missing an additional two and three colors, I no longer feel comfortable labeling colors as such within Parts.

Furthermore, there is simply not enough data to determine which of these previously labeled "Not Made" colors may be more likely to found than others -- therefore, I have simply chosen to remove the "Not Made" label altogether and replace it with no label.

Edited by Soupie, 26 April 2007 - 04:49 PM.

Posted Image

#77 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:41 PM

Your such a silly fellow Soupie! :kid: Why not just make the "Not Made" labels into "??????" question mark labels. Then replace the "?" question marks depicting a missing figure with a big "!" Exclamation mark (since there's no question to whether they have been made, and it is imperative that someone provide an image of the figure), then keep the figures under the "??????" question mark labels "?" question marks............................

I don't think that made sense to you, but it did to me..........Personally I'm just hoping I confuse the bejeezes out of you. :)

Posted Image

#78 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:23 AM

Here's another one for you, Soups:

Attached Files

• Attached File  163g.jpg   11.48K   18 downloads

#79 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:16 AM

Hey nate, where did you find that green #163? I remember you having that fig in one of the pictures of your collection, but you said you had traded it away some time ago. Did you find it at the bottom of a box or something?
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#80 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:43 PM

Thanks, Tortle. (And I'm interested in that fig for my personal collection... if'n you're looking to trade/sell it.)

:shifty eyes:
Posted Image

#81 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:22 PM

Hey nate, where did you find that green #163? I remember you having that fig in one of the pictures of your collection, but you said you had traded it away some time ago. Did you find it at the bottom of a box or something?

Well, I didn't know where it was, so I assumed I traded/sold/lost it. Keep in mind that I don't have any of my doubles cataloged, so I really have no clue what figures I have at any one time. But I found the green 163 recently in a separate baggie with some other MUSCLE colors of 163, as well as Kinkeshi versions of the sculpt. I had apparently separated them because 163 is one of my favorite figures.

Hopefully that story doesn't contradict anything I've told anyone regarding this figure over the years. If it does, sorry about that... I just don't know what's going on with my MUSCLE doubles half the time. :kid:

And sorry guys, but it's not for sale. ;) I'd like to keep it since #163 is one of the figures that I would like to get in a bunch of different colors. There seems to be a lot of interest in this figure, though... that's the third or forth offer to buy that I've gotten recently. :(

#82 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:43 PM

So does that mean you're not gonna sell/trade it?

:lol:

Anyhoos, I added the Green #163 to the archive: Part 16

Looks great, thanks, Tortle!
Posted Image

#83 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:51 PM

I don't think that made sense to you, but it did to me...

That does make sense. I've been wanting to replace the "?" symbols with the silhouette of a figure for, hm, about the second after I made all the colored question marks.

And I'll add a word in the now-blank boxes as soon as I find one I like. However, I don't want to place question marks in all the non-found figure boxes. It'd be too busy -- the word at the top, once found, would suffice.

How about the word: Questionable... pending, anyone like pending? How about uncertain? Unsure? How about possibly made, but not sure?

:lol:
Posted Image

#84 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:15 PM

What about Maybe, or Possibly, or "Doubtfully but still Quite Reasonable to believe."

Or any of the following. :)

Ambiguous
Ambivalent
Chancy
Controversial
Debatable
Dicey -------I like this one. :p
Disputable
Dubious
Enigmatic
Fallible
Fishy -------I like this one too.
Fluky
Hairy
Hazy
Improbable
Incalculable
Inconclusive
Inconsistent
Indefinite
Irresolute
Leery
Questionable
Rocky
Shaky
Spasmodic
Suspect
Suspicious
Torn
Undecided
Undependable
Unintelligible
Unpredictable
Unreliable
Unstable
Unsure
Vague
Variable

Other than these few ideas, I really don't know what to say. -_-

What about Uhunu?

Posted Image

#85 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:07 AM

I like "Improbable." Although "leery" is kind of catchy, too.
Posted Image

#86 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:05 AM

What about "Unknown and Improbable" as a phrase?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#87 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:52 AM

What about "Unknown and Improbable" as a phrase?

Well, the idea I'm trying to communicate is this:

"As of now, no figures for this particular Part have been found in this color. Therefore, it is highly likely that this Part does not come in this color. However, there is also a slight possibility that this Part does indeed come in this color, but a figure from this Part in this color has simply not yet been found and photographed by any collectors. Therefore, there remains the slight possibility that a figure from this Part in this color may be found in the future."

The reason I shy away from uncertain, unsure, unknown is that it sounds like I'm just guessing, when actually, I'm basing my "label" off of pretty good data.

The problem with using a phrase is that I need the labels to fit in these boxes:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Maybe what I'll do is turn the currently blank "uncertain" box into a link that takes collectors to a page with the above paragraph.

-_-

Edited by Soupie, 01 May 2007 - 07:57 AM.

Posted Image

#88 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:32 AM

Maybe what I'll do is turn the currently blank "uncertain" box into a link that takes collectors to a page with the above paragraph.

-_-

Excellent idea.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#89 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:41 AM

I think uncertain would work the best.

Edited by meatcutta78, 01 May 2007 - 09:42 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#90 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

How about Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?!?!

:huh:

Just kidding!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#91 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

How does the Kinnikuman Parts section of the MCIA work? (The section that "predicts" how many MUSCLE men there are.)

MUSCLE men are the American version of Japanese Kinnikuman. Kinnikuman were released in Japan in a series of sets called "Parts."

(1) Step one of the MCIA Kinnikuman Parts is determining which MUSCLEs belong to which Kinnikuman Parts. All this entails is visiting Naochin's Kinnikuman Parts archive. There you find images of all the Kinnikuman organized by their parts.

Posted Image
A portion of Kinnikuman Part One.

(2) Once you determine which MUSCLE sculpts belong to which Parts, you need to find the "stats" for each MUSCLE sculpt. This entails visiting the MUSCLE Database web site. Determine which colors each sculpt has been recorded as found in by collectors.

Posted Image
A portion of the MUSCLE Database.

(3) Once you know which Kinnikuman Part a MUSCLE sculpt belongs to and have determined which colors it is reported as found in you can compare it to other MUSCLE sculpts that belong to the same Kinnikuman Part. A pattern, or multiple patterns, within each Part will emerge.

In the image below, you are looking at the breakdown of MUSCLEs into Kinnikuman Part one (done by URS). First you must note that the original Kinnikuman Part one consisted of 20 sculpts. However, one of the sculpts was NOT made into a MUSCLE sculpt. Therefore, there are only 19 MUSCLE sculpts in Part one.

You'll notice that in the second grouping (tree two) there are NO MUSCLE sculpts reported to be found in Dark Blue. However, in the first grouping (tree one) there appears to be a pattern, but the pattern is slightly disrupted by reports of finding a few sculpts in Magenta and Orange. However, the pattern is strong enough, that we can be confident in the two groupings (trees).

Posted Image
MUSCLE figures grouped by Kinnikuman Part and MUSCLE Database stats.

(4) Once you have all the MUSCLEs organized by which Kinnikuman Part they belong to and by the colors they are reported as found in via the MUSCLE Database, you can organize their images into the MCIA Kinnikuman Parts!

Posted Image
A portion of MCIA Kinnikuman Parts, Part One.

Problems with this method?

The problem with this method can be seen above. You'll note that in the first grouping (tree) of the MCIA Part One that a few figures have been reported in Magenta and Orange. However, I have NO images of sculpts from this grouping in Magenta and Orange. Furthermore, only a few people report having found sculpts from this grouping in Magenta and Orange.

So, I conclude that it is highly likely that these few reports are mistakes. However, there remains the possibility that this grouping DOES come in Magenta and Orange. However, I simply do not have any images of these figures.

Likewise, though no one reports finding sculpts in grouping (tree) two in Dark Blue and I have NO images of sculpts from this grouping in Dark Blue, I can't rule out the possibility that the sculpts assigned to this grouping may indeed be found in Dark Blue.

Edited by Soupie, 02 May 2007 - 02:29 PM.

Posted Image

#92 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:19 PM

Beutiful explanation Soups! I mean I couldn't have done that better myself. Have you ever thought of going to college? :)

:)

But seriously great breakdown. ;)

Posted Image

#93 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:19 AM

wow Soupie, I'm going to save your post just to remind me what a MASSIVE work are you doing ;)
seriously, you should add this explanation on a page on your site

Edited by nanoFatato, 03 May 2007 - 04:21 AM.

#94 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

wow Soupie, I'm going to save your post just to remind me what a MASSIVE work are you doing :D
seriously, you should add this explanation on a page on your site

Thanks! I do plan on adding it to the archive eventually.

Okay, update time. Who else? Yes, Arforbes has managed to get his hands on yet another "rare" MUSCLE figure. This time it's #113 in Salmon.

Posted Image

This figure belongs to Part 14, Tree 2. We only need figure #116 in Salmon to complete this Tree, and a few more in Salmon and Purple to complete the entire Part.

Slowly but surely, slowly but surely.
Posted Image

#95 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:17 PM

Added a page explaining in detail how the "MUSCLE Color Code" works!

The MUSCLE Color Code

Please feel free to point out any mistakes or anything unclear.

:crazy:
Posted Image

#96 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

Looks and sounds good to me. I hope everyone else can understand it.....If they even care. :crazy:

Posted Image

#97 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:50 PM

Looks and sounds good to me. I hope everyone else can understand it.....If they even care. :(

I care! :crazy: Looks good Soups!
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#98 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:08 AM

great! :crazy:

#99 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:58 AM

Hey, guys, thanks! Really, I don't expect too many people to get excited about this. There are only X number of MUSCLE collectors to begin with, and then only a small fraction of them are crazy enough to go for a colored set. (Hell, I'm not even going for a colored set, and it's my archive.)

:crazy:
Posted Image

#100 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

I did have one scruple....... I think maybe my user name could be mentioned a bit more.... :(

I kid I kid!

But no seriously, how about putting it at the bottom of every page? :crazy:

I'm not serious......But it would be nice.

Have you guys ever noticed that I use "........" alot of periods when I post..........Can't think why. :(

Great job!

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com