77 replies to this topic

#26 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

I mean, Luke's words may seem harsh to some... But, there is a bit to consider in his words. Before anybody starts flaming him, the underlying theme is that we want Eric to rise up, and be better than what he displayed. 

To think that everything that happened was sheer coincidence, is a bit naive though. There was a lot more than what was addressed, but some parties didn't want to press the issue or have any dirty laundry being aired out in the public. I hope Eric gets it together, I do. The apology above, leaves a bit to be addressed.

#27 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

This is extremely tough. I view you guys as friends, and have worked with most of you to some extent.

I have to say this though (and maybe I just have too much inside baseball) but this "apology" is fairly late coming. Also it has only come due to the fact that this IS ERIC'S LIVELYHOOD" and it was either come forward to the board, or be banned. So to praise him for coming forward is kind of like praising fallen fruit for succumbing to gravity. Taking into account that this "apology" is loaded with excuses as to why he ripped people off it starts to feel a whole lot less like an apology and more like someone taught Ironoak how to put words together & gave him some tact. There are also I believe a few more pissed down legs that haven't come forward for various reasons. But I guess since they weren't pushing back, no apology owed?

Eric... when you can read this... I care a lot for you, and have been happy to see things going well for you. I have always given you the benefit of the doubt when things looked a little off. When you would snatch up anything that came along I figured... well this is his one source of income and gave you the benefit of the doubt. Don't know if it matters much or not, but you have destroyed that trust. From here, it was all greed. Plain and simple. I truly hope you manage to pay everyone back and pull yourself out of this hole. But the broken trust is pretty much that. Broken. To some of us, that means way more than anything. The value of someone's word carries a lot of weight with me and maybe a few others.

I guess I just don't understand how this thread now reads like an "poor Eric" circle jerk.

I wish everyone the best of luck.

I agree with this, but I figured I would get flamed for saying it since I haven't been here that long.

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#28 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

It's fine saying that some individuals don't want dirty laundry aired in public, but nobody should then be surprised if incomplete information results in people constructing incomplete pictures.

I wouldn't flame Luke, because although his words may seem harsh, it's clear he's privy* to knowledge that 95% of us don't have. However, at the same time, he oughtn't express bemusement at how this thread has turned into a "poor Eric circle jerk", because that's the narrative that many will form in their own minds from the information that is public.

(*toilet reference just for you, Jimmy)

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#29 TMAN

TMAN

M.U.S.C.L.E. HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:Anything M.U.S.C.L.E. TMNT. NKE 6.0 Mutants. Customs!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'm not sure what To think.......this is coming out to the public at a bad time. LRG has had a bad series of dishonest members lately. It's true that there is always going to be those that allow Greed to get the best of them. The Hardest part is when it those that you TRUST as a brother. I've always liked Eric, he has helped me countless times, even helping me in casting my own figures. That being Said this thread does seem to have taken on a Poor Eric theme. Very few posts have expressed Sympathy for those that not only have had there wallets hurt, but their trust in a close friend injured or destroyed.

TRUE it's commendable that he has taken the time to apologize, not always a tn easy thing to do, but I don't think he should be praised for doing something that be ought to do. Showing a Repent-full attitude is only part of the course to redemption. Change in ones actions is the true test.

I hope Eric comes through and does whatever he needs to do to make it right, or at least all that is in his power to make up for it. I have no idea of the behind the Scenes details, but this sounds like it has been going on for some time.
th_fdfc5f0f35daf26c472dce86f63f9f9e.jpg

#30 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Sounds like an Upperdeck/Konami type of situation where one partner was making more than the other partner was aware of, and keeping the revenue to themselves. Poor judgment overall, but I tend to think of collaborations as something that should be done as a one-shot kind of deal, not something that should continue on, it tends to become muddy after awhile. Like agree to make a certain bunch and that be the end of that no further production on that unless the owner of the sculpts ask you too.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#31 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

I was looped in on what went down from the start. Iron and Plastic were done wrong, but they handled it well. They could have made things messy, but they kept it classy. They are incredibly passionate and skilled, and have every right to want to protect their work.

My hats off to those two. I have mega respect for their work, and am incredibly pleased with the current and future collabs Jimmy and I are working on.  It has also been a real honor to be a part of many recent toy shows with these dudes.

Eric is well aware of the harm he did. He is the last guy right now to be asking for a circle jerk love fest.  He will be back. People can change, and deserve a second chance when they are willing to right their wrongs.

Edited by NamaNiku, 09 June 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Posted Image

#32 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

shit. just goes to show that money can make a person do strange things. I hope everything works out between everyone. I don't know many people in this world I could trust with large amounts of money. its kind of sad.

if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#33 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think if there is going to be anti circle jerks than all information should be out in the open. You cant say hey theres more to the story and one not expect everyone to question it and two expect people to change the way they feel with no concrete evidence.

Eric is my friend and hell still be my friend even if hes a shit bucket. Buut if theres going to be all types of judgements being passed one way or the other than out with it!

Basically where im going with this is I dont really want people thinking the worst about him by judging based on hey it worse than you think. And it seems you are saying its worse than what has been put out there. So in fairness to both spectrums of judgement the truth should be told

#34 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

the truth should be told

http://fc06.devianta...tnk-d380eri.gif

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#35 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

I think if there is going to be anti circle jerks than all information should be out in the open. You cant say hey theres more to the story and one not expect everyone to question it and two expect people to change the way they feel with no concrete evidence.

Eric is my friend and hell still be my friend even if hes a shit bucket. Buut if theres going to be all types of judgements being passed one way or the other than out with it!

Basically where im going with this is I dont really want people thinking the worst about him by judging based on hey it worse than you think. And it seems you are saying its worse than what has been put out there. So in fairness to both spectrums of judgement the truth should be told

Maybe we can't handle the truth.

Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#36 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

=-O

#37 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

I have received numerous questions on FB if Eric did me wrong as well.  It is a natural question I suppose as I was the first person he ever cast figures for, and we have done many collaborations together since that time.

There was a lot more than what was addressed, but some parties didn't want to press the issue or have any dirty laundry being aired out in the public. I hope Eric gets it together, I do. The apology above, leaves a bit to be addressed.

Iron, Plastic and I have all invested a lot in our relationship with Eric.  Money, time, emotion, and (most importantly to me) our reputations.  Any issue I had with Eric was addressed in private.  It had more to do with my investment into our partnership, and nothing to do with sales.  He owes me no public apology.  I feel good about our chat, and that is all I have to say about that.

At the same time, I really wanted Iron and Plastic to be made whole.  My situation was different than theirs, but I worked on my end to ensure that they were able to work things out with Eric in a way that was acceptable to all parties involved.

I also have a few open projects with Eric that have put me in a hell of a spot with his recent actions.  I have figures committed to a gallery, multiple toy shows and two toy stores in Japan.  I paid for these 100%, and Eric gets 0%.  No percentage, no commission, nothing.  If his reputation puts any of this at odds, I am the one made to suffer, not him.

Jimmy and Plastic also have a lot to lose here outside of what they have already lost.  I really appreciate speaking with them about this the last few days and was impressed that they were so concerned about the negative impact this may have on my figures.

Just so no ones has to wonder, my agreement with Eric was a little different.  Basically any Namakeshi he sold, he got 100% of the proceeds.  Anything that I sold or sent to toys shows, galleries, shops, etc, I got 100%.  We did not have a relationship were he ever owed me money or royalties.  We managed our inventory and sales 100% independently of each other.  He had permission to sell any of my stuff on his site at any time.

Nothing else mysterious with his dealing with me.  Anything else was between Eric and other people.

Posted Image

#38 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

I don't think Eric is a "shit-bucket", as you put it... But he screwed up, badly. And, there is a pattern. 

"Circle Jerk" is you want, man. I don't really care one way or another (not to sound harsh... It's just that I wouldn't expect you to understand how I feel, or how Plasticsoul feels) if anybody is friends with Eric. I hope that one day he and I can be friends again. It's just not entirely up to me.

Without putting the entire schmozz out in the open, I feel like there was an element of greed... And then I believe that by the time he realized what he allowed himself to do, it was too late. I honestly don't care to discuss finances with everybody, because frankly it's nobody's business. 

I will also say, that the public apology was something that I fought for... Not because it gave me some feeling of vindication, but because his misdoings needed to be recorded for posterity. I felt very strongly about this, just in case it would become a recurring theme that there would be a foundation for just action for the board. I didn't want the circumstance to become a big flame war on the board... The board has eaten enough shit lately. But I also couldn't stomach the idea of some other up-and-coming collaborator to get burned, because of my inaction. This seemed to be the best balance of peaceful resolution, while still being able to protect people who could potentially be taken advantage of. 

I've said it before... I don't think Eric is a horrible human being. I hope he comes out of this better than ever. I hope we all do. I just felt that sweeping it under the rug would be in poor taste, and poor principle.

#39 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

I dont know how you guys feel and thats exactly my point though. "Theres more to the story" we judge on what we can see. Our judging is one sided because we only know part of the story. You dont want us to feel bad for eric but you dont give us the full story. But just to be clear yes eric is my friend but dont think for a second that im in anyway against or trying to stir up shit with you guys. I like basically everyone on this board. I was just trying to make a point that you cant expect us to not be onesided without knowing the full story.

One thing that needs to stop on this board is manipulating words of others into something it was never meant to be. I see this happen often

#40 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

I dont know how you guys feel and thats exactly my point though. "Theres more to the story" we judge on what we can see. Our judging is one sided because we only know part of the story. You dont want us to feel bad for eric but you dont give us the full story. But just to be clear yes eric is my friend but dont think for a second that im in anyway against or trying to stir up shit with you guys. I like basically everyone on this board. I was just trying to make a point that you cant expect us to not be onesided without knowing the full story.

One thing that needs to stop on this board is manipulating words of others into something it was never meant to be. I see this happen often

Did you just call me a jive turkey?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#41 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

See exactly my point... rid just called me a gay fish

#42 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Did you just call me a jive turkey?

Pretty sure if you go back a bit..... he also said you eat babies.

And for the record....   I really do feel for Eric as well. Always thought of him like a brother. Just have to wait and see that he makes good.

#43 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

it was quite the shock for me. I always figured his name would read "legend" under it one day soon.

if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#44 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Eric laid out exactly what he did in regards to Ironmask and Plastic Soul.

He sold off extra Critters without permission and without giving Plastic Soul his dues.
He dipped into Ironmask's side of the UofV funds for personal use. I'm sure he intended to pay it back, but he shouldn't have touched it.

He effed up royally, but between all parties involved a workable resolution was met.

1. Eric recognized his screw-ups and publicly apologized. That apology will forever be a part of his record.
2. Restitution is being made to the parties that he wronged.
3. He has been temporarily suspended.
4. When he comes back, he will have the full opportunity to rebuild the trust he broke.

That is the best outcome that any of us can ask for, for this situation that Eric put himself in.

People make mistakes, we all do. Some of us eff-up royally. I certainly have before. But the best of us learn from our failures and move ahead. I believe Eric can and will do that.

It's not about if you fall down, it's about getting back up, dusting yourself off and moving forward again.

#45 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Alright, wow. This thread went under the radar a bit since I don't visit the Sandbox often, and in all honesty, were the timing a little different I'd think it was a horrible practical joke.

Eric and Jimmy are among my favorite dudes here on LRG, I have had loads of love (and a few figures) for their collaboration from the very beginning, and can't believe that this was happening behind the scenes. Had I been paying closer attention to what was going on and the slowdown of UoV thread activity, maybe it would have come as less of a surprise. I can understand desperation clouding one's judgment, but it doesn't leave Eric off the hook for his misdeeds either. Any conversation with Eric from now on will probably always carry that slight taint of what this thread's revealed, and that will be a shame. I won't abandon him, plus there is a UoV figure I need replacing and a bootleg Ammonite figure he's held onto for me, but his (entirely reasonable) pulling of Deadface and Hell Turtle mean I'll never quite have the complete set of early UoV figures I wanted. (Honestly, that's my fault for taking so damn long to set aside money for those, but that's a whole other tangent.)

The story with PlasticSoul makes everything feel even worse as it would have taken little effort to have kept things right with him from the beginning. That the two of them had such a lax and simple arrangement to begin with and Eric would still tarnish that relationship scares me all the more. That right there is a warning sign that something had definitely changed to sink that low, and is the kind of disgusting thing that were it someone else, I might not ever forgive. Really don't like that.

On a lighter note... I'm never going to own a damn Critter. :wallbash:

#46 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

On a lighter note... I'm never going to own a damn Critter. :wallbash:

I'm in the same boat :(

#47 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm in the same boat :(

I'm the second mate in that boat. :(

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#48 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Couldn't you guys talk to PlasticSoul about some Critters?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#49 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Couldn't you guys talk to PlasticSoul about some Critters?

I was under the impression that he wasn't selling any more, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

#50 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

It would of been a better idea of Eric, just to buy a license from PS, I know that kind of sounds very legal, but basically he should of considered paying him a flat rate fee to PS to be allowed to produce his Critters sculpt when ever he wanted for a year or whatever length of time they could agree on. That way Eric is free to sell as many Critters, to whoever and whenever he wants, and doesn't have to tell PS about it. I think Eric just was making so many Critters, he just got comfortable with producing them without a second thought and forgot the importance of letting PS know this. If he buys a license from him, he would cover his bases, and not have to worry about forgetting details like these, as minor as they may sound, they can end up major in the end, as it seems to be the case now.

Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com