- - - - -

NFL 2007

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:38 AM

Yeah, I thought they were a sure bet against the Packers. Lost money there.

Go Pack!

For the last six years I've started every year saying, "This will be the last year Brett Favre will play."

This year will be his last. :)

#27 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:01 AM

Most of the people where I live are either Colts or Bears fans. Bears fans because we live close to Bloomington where grossman is from and his dad is like an eye docter up there or something. I like the Colts and Steelers myself.

#28 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:09 AM

I like the Colts and Steelers myself.

Looks like we just became enemies.
Manning=1 Ring.
Brady=3 Rings.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We really don't have to be enemies if you don't want. :)

Edited by meatcutta78, 12 September 2007 - 09:09 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

I SPY with my little eye something that is Red Blue Silver and Cheats!

That's right the Patriots.

Cheaters. :)

I wonder how many other teams do this and haven't been caught yet.

Edited by Ghost Lion, 12 September 2007 - 09:58 AM.

#30 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

Looks like we just became enemies.
Manning=1 Ring.
Brady=3 Rings.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, by cheating. :)

#31 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

I think the Eagles lost to the Patriots in the Super bowl because the Patriots are cheaters!

:)
Posted Image

#32 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:21 PM

The real question is, how long has this been going on? I know that the Steelers could have been in the Super Bowl 2 times since 01' if the Pats hadnt beaten them at the AFC Championship Game. Both of which ended with the Pats winning the Super Bowl. Who else could have had the same chance but lost it because of their cheating? I heard a stat today on ESPN radio that said that the Patriots usually get 37% more points against a team the second time they play them in a season, and that the team that they play gets 25% less points. Perhaps its because the second time they play them, THEY KNOW ALL THEIR OPPONENTS PLAYS!!!! And the fact that the Pats hadnt won a Super Bowl until the year after Bill Belichick was hired is suspicious as well. He's a scum. "Dynasty" my ass.

How sad. :)

#33 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:22 PM

Yeah like i said before Go Dolphins!!!!!!!!!. :)

#34 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

I've always liked the Cowboys since I was a little kid. they even won the other night!
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#35 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:54 PM

Im sticking with the Pats all the way.They are talented in every aspect of the game including cheating. :thumbsup:

Don't hate me hate the game.

#36 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:55 PM

I've always liked the Cowboys since I was a little kid. they even won the other night!

If that's what gets you through the night, dear...

:friends:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#37 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:19 AM

I think the Eagles lost to the Patriots in the Super bowl because the Patriots are cheaters!

:friends:

Wow, I was TOTALLY kidding when I said that, but it looks like some Eagles players are thinking about it too...

Opinions on Pats' tactics mixed...

PHILADELPHIA -- Sheldon Brown and the Eagles hoped a blitz would rattle Tom Brady.

One problem: Every time the Eagles rushed Brady in the Super Bowl, the Patriots nullified the defensive attack with screen passes. Lots of them. On almost every play defensive coordinator Jim Johnson called for a blitz, the Patriots used the short pass to confuse the Eagles.

After the Patriots beat the Eagles 24-21 in 2005 to win the Lombardi Trophy, Brown thought the Patriots beat them with nothing but sharp offensive playcalling. Now, he's not so sure.

With spying accusations leveled this week against the Patriots, some of the Eagles left from the NFC title team are wondering if New England used bootleg film to their advantage in the Super Bowl.

"Do I think about it? Mmm hmmm," said Brown, their starting cornerback. "It's crazy. I just don't know how far back it goes. Something's not right about that."

Pro Bowl safety Brian Dawkins found the accusations troublesome.

"Now there's always going to be questions about the situation," Dawkins said Thursday. "Was it great adjustments at halftime or what?"

Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Ward said this week that he suspected the Patriots had some type of inside information on the Steelers before at least one of the teams' two AFC championship game matchups since the 2001 season. While Ward said the Patriots knew a lot of Pittsburgh's calls, none of the Eagles could offer any type of solid proof of any shenanigans.

"For me to think back two years ago about something they may or may not have done, it's not worth my time," running back Brian Westbrook said.

And the always classy Andy Reid, head coach of the Eagles, had this take:

Eagles coach Andy Reid steered away from questions about the alleged cheating other than to say he has no doubts New England's victory was legitimate.

That's something Bill and the Patriots are working through," Reid said.

And as some of the players said, some level of signal "stealing" is to be expected... but to use a special person and a video camera to do it definitely crosses the line. Anyhow, the Pat's have been punished and that's that.
Posted Image

#38 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

Bottom line is this,The Pats cheated and got caught.How many other teams do the same thing but they let it go because lets face it they aren't champs.The Jets head Coach Mangina=as we call him here is just mad because he will always live in Belichick's shadows period.
Pats can beat most of the teams in the NFL blindfolded. :woot:

Edited by meatcutta78, 14 September 2007 - 02:22 PM.

#39 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:59 PM

Wow. Spoken like a true Pats fan.

I highly doubt that "many other teams do the same thing". Thats just somethign Pats fans are saying to make themselves feel better about the whole situation. "Oh, my team cheated. Well, I bet others do too, so that makes it ok." Malarky. When every team in the NFL knew they were doing it, and didnt say anything, thats the real crime. Green Bay should have said something last year when they noticed it. I dont think they "let it go" with other teams because they havent been champs. And I use the term "champs" loosly when speaking of the Pats. When you get caught cheating, being a "champ" looses all its credibility whether they did it back then or not.

As for Belichick, he's nothing great. He sure didnt do anything spectacular in Cleveland. With him, its all about winning and thats it. He doesnt care how he wins ::coughcheatingcough::, he just wants to win. There is no honor or respect with him and thats nothing to look up to.

To me, thats how most Pats fans come off as well. "Nothing matters except winning."

I actually feel bad for the players (ones who didnt know what was going on) and most of all, for the fans. I know if the Steelers were caught cheating, I would be crushed. I'd rather them lose fairly than to win by cheating.

#40 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:35 PM

Eh, what goes around comes around. I'd heard before that Belichick was a bad apple -- for instance from LT last year -- but never understood why some thought that.

Football is just a sport, but it's a pretty effing popular and competitive one. I guarantee this "little" blemish will stick with the Patriots, Belichick, and Brady for the rest of their lives -- the other players, fans, and media will make sure of that.

Let's watch the remainder of this year: if the Pats fail to make the playoffs, then we can all point and say it's because they couldn't cheat anymore, if they do make the playoffs, then we'd be wise to just let it drop.

:woot:

Oh, and all the teams that play them this year will be wise to change all their signals.

:cry:
Posted Image

#41 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:17 PM

http://www.youtube.c...ead.php?t=41513

:woot:

#42 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

You know what when we win this years Superbowl can we stop this madness?
Patriots,Red Sox........................City of Champs.

How many rings do your teams got? :woot: .RIGHT

#43 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:19 PM

The Steelers have 5. If memory serves me correctly, thats nearly twice as many as 3.

#44 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:49 AM

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Edited by Soupie, 16 September 2007 - 05:57 AM.

Posted Image

#45 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:06 AM

What I will say is that the Patriots and the Patriot fans REALLY want a win today. If the Patriots lose today, oh, boy, look out... but they brought this upon themselves.

Posted Image

#46 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:39 AM

The Steelers have 5. If memory serves me correctly, thats nearly twice as many as 3.

Memory does serve you right 1974-1979 they were superbowl champs.My team has one championships in this century. :)

#47 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:44 AM

Memory does serve you right 1974-1979 they were superbowl champs.My team has one championships in this century. :D

Meatcutter, you better stop while you're behind, bro. Seriously. Getting cocky about the Pats is just plain annoying to begin with, but not being humble about their cheating (which as has recently been reported by ESPN seems to be deeper than anyone knew) makes it worse. And now trying to put other teams and fans down is just plain shizznitty, especially when that team is the Steelers which has a greater and CLEANER past than the Pats.

By the way, my man, 2006 -- the Steelers latest Super Bowl win, was most definitely in this century. :)
Posted Image

#48 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

Disclaimer: Meatcutter, you seem to be taking all discussion of the Patriot scandal personally. Let's face it, the Patriot cheating scandal is the biggest story in the NFL 2007 right now, and my discussion of it is not meant to be an attack on you!

Anyhow, ESPN reported that the Patriots/Belichik have an EXTENSIVE library of files consisting of both video and AUDIO on many, many NFL teams! A freaking "library?" :)

And something I noticed when checking up on the Steelers 2006 SB win... The Patriots won ALL three of their Super Bowls by a margin of 3 points! I knew they beat the Eagles by only three points, but i didn't know their previous two SB wins were also by 3 points.

Rams - 17
Pats - 20

Panthers - 29
Pats - 32

Eagles - 21
Pats - 24

There's no doubt a win's a win, but one could argue that those wins certainly weren't via domination. Hopefully the NFL or someone launches a full-scale investigation into the Pats cheating history. I'm anxious to see how deep it goes.

:D
Posted Image

#49 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:27 AM

By the way, my man, 2006 -- the Steelers latest Super Bowl win, was most definitely in this century. :D

I forgot about this one. :)
Either way your right.I guess i did start taking things personally.Sorry guys :cry:
I guess i can only wait and see what happens this season.

#50 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:04 PM

Dude, Enio, dont take it so bad. I myself take my Steelers VERY seriously and personally. T'was the way I was raised I suppose. I get upset about rivalries and stuff but amongst all of you guys, I love ya!!! I dont care that you love the crappy Pats, you're still my boy. I will say though, that during football season I can get viscious and it has nothing to do with any of you guys as people. I can hate Pats fans but still love my boy meatcutta. I could sit here and spout stats about how the Steelers are one of the all time best teams ever but I wont cuz you all should know that already. :D

And people will probably say, "Oh the Steelers were handed that win in 06' because of the refs." To that I have to say, ask me for the Ben TD photo and I'll send it to you. As for the "bad calls" no one ever points out the bad calls the Steelers were handed to them in the 3 games leading up to the Super Bowl, including a Polamalu interception that was wrongly called, and was later apologized for by the NFL. We are the only 6th seeded team to come from behind and win 3 games, on the road, to then go to win the Super Bowl.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the top most celebrated dynasty in the NFL, while the Pats come in 5th behind the second place Packers(61-67), the third place Cowboys(92-95) and the fourth place 49ers(81-89). So, this is hard to say as a Stillers fan but, you have to give props to the Packers, Cowboys and 49ers who all have at least as many SB wins as the Pats.

Like I said before, I get crazy during football season. I may be cut-throat in this thread, and you may think I hate you because of things I might say here. But at the end of the day, I love all of you guys. Even if you do root for a bunch of losers.

Edited by asator, 16 September 2007 - 02:08 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com