asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:34 PM

Eagles sign McVick Michael Vick!?

:o :spiteful:

Geez Soups, now you have another reason to be ashamed to be an Eagles fan! :shok: :(

Edited by asator, 13 August 2009 - 09:12 PM.

#3 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

:spiteful:

And we just missed a game-winning field goal against the Patriots. Seriously, being an Eagles fan is pure torture.

:shok:
Posted Image

#4 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

:( :spiteful:

I don't see this as a bad thing,Mcnabb really isn't Mr. Reliable you know. :o
I just hope they don't play the song "who let the dogs out!". :shok:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:35 PM

please please please. bears, don't suck this year.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#6 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image

Who knew? Not me. ;)
Posted Image

#7 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:16 PM

So how can Vick kill some dogs and get jail time and become the NFLs dark spot that everyone despises and yet Donte Stallworth kills a person and merely gets suspended for one year? WTF.

Dont get me wrong, I think Vick is scum... but come on.

#8 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:46 AM

Premeditation and motive.

While both are terrible decisions Stallworth was an accident, while Vick planned, financed, and continued his acts.

I'm just glad he didn't end up with the Packers!

#9 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

;) ;)

Thank yew!

I am of two minds. One is that I hope that everyone he comes across in the game whups his sorry behind.

The other is that at least he has the money to pay his fines and he's working with the Humane Society to prevent further abuse.

I understand where Reid is coming from, because his own kids screwed up and are getting help, y'know?

But why, Eagles, whyyyyy?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#10 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

Okay, I haven't completely wrapped my head around this Eagles/Vick situation yet. When I first heard about last nite, two thoughts went through my head:

1) Being an Eagles fan is torture. They've made some moves and blown things over the years that have broken my heart. Was this the last straw? Is it time to jump ship? (For those of you who follow a sports team, you know how serious of a thing this would be.) :p

2) Then I thought, I've always been an Eagles fan; not a fan of McNabb, or Westbrook, or Dawkins, etc. I am a fan of the Eagles team. Could I "ignore" or compartmentalize the fact that Vick, just one player, will be on the team?

But here's the reality: Vick didn't just have a dog or two that he made fight with other dogs. I did a little research (no, I didn't follow this at the time). Vick financed a dog fighting ring called "Bad Newz Kennel." He did other, imo unforgivable, things:

Suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick placed family pet dogs into a ring and his trained pit bulls "caused major injuries" to the pets at Bad Newz Kennels, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture report released on Friday.

The report, dated Aug. 28, 2008, says, "Vick, Peace and Phillips thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs." The report has names and phrases redacted in order to protect the anonymity of certain individuals who cooperated with investigators.

The report also states in mid-April of 2007, Vick, Peace and Phillips hung approximately three dogs who did not perform well in a "rolling session," which indicates the readiness of a dog to fight. According to the report, the three men hung the dogs "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs' heads in a five gallon bucket of water." ...

Vick admitted taking part in the actual hanging of the dogs."

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3718304

I'm an owner of two small, "wimpy" dogs. I'm sure these are the types of dogs Vick would have been amused to watch chewed/torn to death. I also work at a kennel where we've had several dogs that have been used as practice for Pit Bulls. It's unfathomable. Add to that the fact that they would even torture and kill their own dogs? I can't understand it.

And as to compartmentalizing Vick's presence on the team: This was a decision made by the Eagles organization. This isn't just one man, Vick. This was an entire organization saying we are prepared to forgive and forget and have him contribute to our organization. To them, football and winning is business, it's their life and their money.

To me it's a game.

Do I think Vick should rot in jail for the rest of his life? No, not at all. Do I think Vick should be allowed another chance to become a multi-millionaire? That's the tough question. Do I want my team making him a multi-millionaire? Absolutely not.

So, I'm just thinking out loud right now. I'd be curious to hear any of your thoughts if you care to share them. Am I being unreasonable? I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this yet.

Edited by Soupie, 14 August 2009 - 04:43 PM.

Posted Image

#11 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

i've got a couple of thoughts. first of all, i wonder if the eagles are taking a big gamble in the hopes that vicks presence will boost ticket and merchandise sales. if it were me, i'd write the organization a letter stating that i would be boycotting all games and not purchasing any merchandise. i think michael vick is an utterly useless human being and no matter how good he plays on the field he should not have been reinstated by the nfl. the crimes he committed are completely disgusting and i don't want some little kid idolizing someone like him based on his athletic prowess.

my other thought is more related to you trying to compartmentalize him on the team. no matter how hard you try to say "he's just one player" the fact of the matter is that he plays the quarterback position. the most talked about position. there is going to be massive press on him. how much of a distraction is that going to be and how will it affect his game? there's going to be those suckasses who forgive this despicable man and then there's going to be those who feel the same as i'd like to think most people do and that he's pure scum and doesn't deserve to play in the nfl. his head is not going to be in the game 100%.

#12 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

My wife has a friend who is a HUGE Steelers fan and this spring she married a HUGE Eagles fan. Well, my wifes friend works for the Humane Society and is a big time animal lover. Apparently her husband is completely upset about the whole thing. Not only because his favorite team has that scum playing for them, but because his wife isnt going to let him watch Eagles games in the house any more.

I feel for you guys, really I do. :p

#13 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:17 AM

Criminal Aspect aside, I think Vick woulkd make a great back up QB to Mcnabb. Hell my Cowboys could use a couple QB's. Since Romo cant handle pressure ^_^ and Brian Johnson just SUCKS!!!

GO DALLAS!!!!

#14 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:21 AM

Wow!!! I just read above he was involved in hanging/drowning dogs. That is just demented and strange. I hope he got some psychiatric help while in prison ^_^

#15 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:33 AM

Criminal Aspect aside, I think Vick woulkd make a great back up QB to Mcnabb. Hell my Cowboys could use a couple QB's. Since Romo cant handle pressure ;) and Brian Johnson just SUCKS!!!

GO DALLAS!!!!

Dallas and Kitna looked really good agains the Raiders on Thursday. ^_^

That Nick Miller had a he11 of a catch eh?

#16 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

This is worse than Vick and the Eagles.

I have lost all respect for him - my once all-time favorite player. :blush:

#17 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

I personally hope Vick breaks his neck on the first play. He effing disgusts me. And I hate the peple who say he did his time leave him alone. He was probably babied and pampered the whole time he was away. I seriously doubt he did any "hard" time. My friend made a good point that hiring him back into the NFL after he got suspended indefinately just goes to show kids and people that it is totally ok to break the law and do horrendous things, just as long as you are a star. I hope he gets mauled by a pack of dogs and after they kill his loser ass I hope he rots in hell. Just my two cents.

#18 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

that's a little harsh doc. i would have rather seen him do real time rather than the vacation he surely got as you suggested. but to wish him that level of physical harm is a bit much. what would have been great would have been 15 years in "pound you in the ass" federal prison followed by life-time banishment from the nfl. losing whatever money he has left and then working in a low level job where people can spit on him all day.

#19 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

People had been (not sure if they still are) suggesting that the Eagles picked him up with a hope of trading in next year. In other words, they saw the opportunity to get a good player for a deal and then use him for trade bait as soon as possible.

To me, that's even worse than bringing in him to be a permanent part of the team. It's like the Eagles saw an opportunity to make a quick buck by turning a trick. :blush:

I don't think I can stop being an Eagles team fan, but I'm definitely really cool on them right now. The problem is, this decision was made/approved by the owner, Lurie. My wife tried to say that I don't root for Lurie, I root for the Eagles players... McNabb has pretty much said that he is the one who got this ball rolling. ;)

I think my approach is just to be very cool on the Eagles. I can't see myself following another team, and I can't just up and stop being an Eagles fan. It just doesn't work like that. I guess I could just be pissed with McNabb, Reid, and Lurie... and still root for the Eagles team.

Definitely a rough situation. Usually I am able to view the players as only athletes, pawns on a game board. In this case, with what Vick did, it's a little more complicated than that.

As I've said, I don't think he should be killed or sitting in prison the rest of his life, but to be given another chance to become a multi-millionaire and "role model" was a bad move by the NFL. The NFL would have been just fine, and better off, without Vick.
Posted Image

#20 nevdog81

nevdog81

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Vintage video games, Football cards, comics pre-1999, Most action figures from the 1970- early 1990's.

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

This is worse than Vick and the Eagles.

I have lost all respect for him - my once all-time favorite player. :unsure:

Agreed!!! I was born in Wisconsin and the Packers are everything! It just shows how lazy Favre is that he comes out of retirement after training camp is over. I hope the Vi-queens go 0-16 and he throws 25 picks.

Aaron Rodgers will make the Pro-Bowl and the Pack will win 2 against Favre with their new 3-4 Defense.

GO PACK GO

#21 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, I'm really tired of hearing about Brett Favre and seeing his stupid face. It's really sad that he can't just let it go. Once he was a pretty good QB. Now he's just a sad old man trying to grab at his youth. Guess what Brett, it's gone. Let it go.

Heck, I should have just copied and pasted my post on this topic from last year, ahah.

#22 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

well, if the plan is to get rid of him for some "quality" player in the short run it shouldn't be too bad. you can always skip the pre-season and not really watch every game until the playoffs. kind of sucks still though, since you seem to be a pretty big football fan.

we've all had our moments with our teams where we say "what were they thinking!?" the best you can do is remember the good times, stick it out through the bad and be glad when the good times come back. GO BEARS!!!

#23 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

Well, there's a big problem with the Vick experiment. Can't believe I didn't think of it earlier, but all you have to do is read all my posts about McNabb/the Eagles, and you can probably figure it out.

As soon as the offense took the field, I thought: Okay, McNabb needs to get in rhythm. And then... they pulled McNabb and put Vick in. And then they did it a few plays later. And... the McNabb was totally out of rhythm.

Duh. I really don't think it will work. It takes the Eagles offense way too long to get into rhythm. It usually takes until the 2nd quarter, if not the 2nd half. Subbing Vick in and out won't work. :thanks:
Posted Image

#24 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

Well, there's a big problem with the Vick experiment. Can't believe I didn't think of it earlier, but all you have to do is read all my posts about McNabb/the Eagles, and you can probably figure it out.

As soon as the offense took the field, I thought: Okay, McNabb needs to get in rhythm. And then... they pulled McNabb and put Vick in. And then they did it a few plays later. And... the McNabb was totally out of rhythm.

Duh. I really don't think it will work. It takes the Eagles offense way too long to get into rhythm. It usually takes until the 2nd quarter, if not the 2nd half. Subbing Vick in and out won't work. :hi:

Well, perhaps it won't be like that in the regular season. I mean, preseason is THE time to test out what you have and see whats going to work and what isnt going to work. You're right though, the Eagles O always seems to take some time to warm up. Maybe they're just seeing whats up while the games are still meaningless and things will go back to normal in the regular season? :thanks:

#25 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

hopefully they're not trying the baseball strategy where they have a "pitcher" open in the first few innings and then bring in their finisher. i really believe that football is all about rhythm and as you stated before, it can take some players time to warm up or get into rhythm if you will.

but, all of this sounds like good news to me since the bears can maybe score an easy victory over the eagles. :unsure:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com