147 replies to this topic

#51 Devil_Fudou

Devil_Fudou

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:29 AM

......and what,they could'nt wait a year to make it the 30th anniversary box set? :p

no~~ they're actually celebrating 29th anniversary instead of 30~!!
coz in japanese, friday=kin(yobi), 2=ni, 9=ku, together, is KinNiKu!!
they marked every Friday the 29th as the Official Kinnikuman Day in Japan~~ amazing eh~
Posted Image

#52 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:33 AM

......and what,they could'nt wait a year to make it the 30th anniversary box set? :p

they marked every Friday the 29th as the Official Kinnikuman Day in Japan~~ amazing eh~

If you actually read the thread,you'll see that that info has already been noted.
Thanks for reiterating.

#53 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

There are also rumors of them re-releasing them in capsules in vending machines too.

As far as them being re-molds of the actual keshi themselves, didn't someone mention prior that injection molded stuff shrinks a bit? If so, then these figures will be smaller.

I'm not sure if everyone has seen these yet but here are the vending capsule figures:

Attached File  29displaycard.jpg   32.42K   69 downloads Attached File  29GBs1.jpg   75.76K   86 downloads

Pretty cool. I like the blue/lilac color (not quite grape :angry:)

It looks like each of the 20 figures will be available in all three colors but each pack will contain a predetermined pair as pictured.

Now, I'm no expert on parts and trees but these figures seem to have been chosen on tag-team merit rather than part number?? If so I'd imagine that these are remolds put in to new trees or they'd be loads of red and blue figures made for no use??

(it's interesting (although not at all relevant) that they chose flesh, blue and red - weren't those the first colors in Muscle 4-packs along with purple?)

Posted Image

#54 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:11 AM

Awesome!!

These are really cool. I like that there are some non-MUSCLE sculpts thrown in. I wonder why they're only doing the set in 3 colors. I'm also wondering, will there be more series, or is this it? Imagine how interesting it would be if after this DVD set came out they would begin to slowly reissue all the kinkeshi in various colors!

Edited by mimoman, 12 February 2008 - 05:17 AM.

#55 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:41 AM

More info on the new Soundtracks.

The Daizenshuu one is more or less like the previous one, only adding in the intros and endings of Kinnikuman Nisei and Tatakae Ramenman, and also includs Kareoke versions of the Introes and Character Theme Songs from the first Kinnikuman.
The Best Album is really a shorter selection, with some openings and just the songs of the Idol Choujin.

http://columbia.jp/p.../COCX-34777-81/
http://columbia.jp/p...nfo/COCX-34782/

#56 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:38 AM

Awesome!!

These are really cool. I like that there are some non-MUSCLE sculpts thrown in. I wonder why they're only doing the set in 3 colors. I'm also wondering, will there be more series, or is this it? Imagine how interesting it would be if after this DVD set came out they would begin to slowly reissue all the kinkeshi in various colors!

I'm guessing there will be more as they've called this 'Series 1' unless they do a Moose on us ^_^

hopefully the other series will be in different colors.....BHS...SHA...we can but hope :ph34r:

Posted Image

#57 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:39 AM

If those pics are of the actual figures, then we are looking at re-issue plastic for the keshi re-release! That is good on both fronts.

1. It will keep the originals distinguished from the re-issues.
2. The re-issue plastic doesn't melt acrylic, so I can load up my Kinniku-Colosseum with them! :ph34r:

#58 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:52 AM

If those pics are of the actual figures, then we are looking at re-issue plastic for the keshi re-release! That is good on both fronts.

1. It will keep the originals distinguished from the re-issues.
2. The re-issue plastic doesn't melt acrylic, so I can load up my Kinniku-Colosseum with them! :ph34r:

Any other differences regarding the reissue plastic? Is it the same consistency as the original Kinkeshi plastic?

#59 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:55 AM

Re-Issue plastic is glossy like MUSCLEs and almost as hard. Original keshi is eraser rubber. Although the 1991 series (1-3) were all made with the new glossy, harder rubber.

#60 Sacola Man

Sacola Man

Brazilian Choujin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

......and what,they could'nt wait a year to make it the 30th anniversary box set? :lol:

and this month will have friday the 29th
and August too...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#61 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

These are going to be so freakinn cool! :screeches like a little school girl in a pink dress:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#62 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:52 PM

Whoa, Fitz, thanks for sharing those pics! Whoa, Grape, Dark Blue, Red, and Flesh... all eerily similar to MUSCLE colors.

And I agree, Jkaris, if they are made in re-issue plastic, that's great! Re-issue plastic has a great feel to it -- somewhere between kinkeshi and MUSCLE. (Reminds me a little of RBT Mordle plastic. :lol: )
Posted Image

#63 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

There's only three colors, not four. I think the scan or whatever of the first image fitz used just didn't come out too well, and the two blues are supposed to represent just one actual color.

#64 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

I just pre-ordered mine from Amazon.co.jp.

International Express Shipping to the US is only ¥ 2,000 (about $20 with the weak state of the US Dollar).

They do not charge your Credit Card until it actually ships, and they have a low price guarantee that if the price drops between now and when it ships, they will charge you the lowest price.

If you do not already have a Region 2 or Region Free DVD player, you can pick up an upscaling Region Free DVD player (R1 with a Region Free remote hack) for as little as $60.

Edited by uoozuman, 08 March 2008 - 06:42 PM.

Posted Image

#65 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

Just spotted another pix of them on yjp

Attached Files

Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#66 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

Just spotted another pix of them on yjp

I spotted one on ebay. :wallbash:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...rksid=p3907.m29

Funny they look like they would be Super Rare colored Muscles.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#67 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

Just bought one on YJP: http://page13.auctio...ction/r45439353

picked up a cool lot of 60, 20 x each of the 3 colors

Attached Files

• Attached File  all.jpg   66.24K   50 downloads

Edited by gilgar, 30 March 2008 - 07:04 PM.

Posted Image

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#68 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

Picture of the backs..looks like NOMIN...

Attached Files

Posted Image

#69 jmac

jmac

watashi wa calderon des

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:sports, cartoons, history, politics, toys and good food.

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:54 AM

i just got a "learn japanese" dvd now all i need is 1000 dollars and to learn japanese.

#70 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:16 AM

i just got a "learn japanese" dvd now all i need is 1000 dollars and to learn japanese.

:(

#71 Rankio

Rankio

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

I know English subs are out of the question but does anyone know if they contain Japanese or any other language subs?

#72 Drax

Drax

N°1 Chojin Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:19 AM

I know English subs are out of the question but does anyone know if they contain Japanese or any other language subs?

No sutitles at all.
The only kinnikuman dvd to have subtitles is the first Kinnikuman Nisei Movie and it's japanese subtitles.

#73 Rankio

Rankio

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:08 PM

Bah, well there goes that idea.

#74 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:51 AM

This boxset might provoke a HK bootleg boxset, though. Lot's of older series have them.

#75 Drax

Drax

N°1 Chojin Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:06 AM

This boxset might provoke a HK bootleg boxset, though. Lot's of older series have them.

I doubt that, it's way too long and not popular enough for that.
If they really wanted to make bootleg of it then they would have already since the DVDs have been released for quite some time and were still available even before this boxset.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com