Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

How much would you pay for a BH Sunshine?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: How much would you pay for a BH Sunshine? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

How much would you pay for a BH Sunshine?

1. Less than $20 (7 votes [21.21%])

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

2. $21-$100 (16 votes [48.48%])

Percentage of vote: 48.48%

3. $101-$200 (5 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

4. $201-$300 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. $301-$400 (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

6. $401+ (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:06 PM

Okay, gang... after reading the recent BH Sunshine thread, I was curious... how much would everyone pay for a BH Sunshine if one was available in an Ebay auction RIGHT NOW?

I decided to word the question this way to try to keep people from "bidding" unrealistically. The hypothetical auction is available right now, at this moment, so you can't wait for payday, and you can't save up any money... you have to use the money you have right now. So... whaddya say?

-Nathan

#2 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:14 PM

way less then 20$

why cause it's only plastic
and it's only 1.5 inches
no matter how cool it is all things fade away with people then
those who paided alot will rid themselves of the stuff cheapin dire times
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#3 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:17 PM

I voted for $401+, because I would have paid anything to win this. But as of right now, I would pay absolutely nothing because I have already scored a Blackhole Sunshine. The rest of the Super Rares are up for my fellow M.U.S.C.L.E. collectors. :p

:lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#4 Kinnikux

Kinnikux

Devil Ashuraman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:21 PM

My tops would be 50 bucks. Despite how much I love muscles and how cool BH sunshine looks, over 100 for a piece of plastic is just too much for me. Id rather spend it on a lot of unreleased kinkeshi.

#5 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:26 PM

I personally voted for the $21 to $100 range, since I would probably pay no more than $25 for the figure. My reasons are pretty much the same as Warsman's:

1) It's just a MUSCLE. I can't see paying hundreds of dollars for one.

2) Collectibles are such a volatile market that there's pretty much no way you'll get a decent return on this figure.

3) I simply can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on collectibles, and even if I could, I would look into spending the money in better places, such as charity or improving my lifestyle.

Anyway, not to be a negative Nancy... that's just my two cents...

-Nathan

#6 BzzzapOuch

BzzzapOuch

Oh, Gitaroo Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:38 PM

I wouldn't pay more than $75 for a "black hole sunshine", and that's if I had a lot of extra cash just to piss away. Now a "butt-hole sunshine"...that's a different story entirely.
Posted Image

#7 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:48 PM

I wouldn't buy it.

I'd find out where the person lives, point at 'em, ask them if they know what they have, and if they don't know how much it is worth... BAM! I knock 'em out, run in, ransac the house for it, THEN give Doctor Jay a call and cash it in for a few hundred!

Yea! :p

And pigs will fly fromout my anal regeons, and those regeons will beeth froom aalastap!

PIKATHULU ALBLUJA!

FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN! FTHAGAN!

PIKATHULU ALBLUJA !
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 03:39 PM

That would make 3 so far...Hmmm. A little over $100.

#9 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 04:35 PM

Id only pay $60 at most.
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#10 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 05:07 PM

1 muscling buck. I dont care who it is i really think thats a stretch too unless tahts including shipping. I may want them all but why not just get a bootleg for a quarter.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#11 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 05:54 PM

I'd spend $20 for it. My reasoning is as follows:

1. It is a 1.5" piece of plastic. I'd feel like an idjit if I dropped a ton of cash for something like that.

2. I'm always wary of dropping too much money on a collectible. Mainly because, you might not like it later in life and its value may drop greatly. If I'm thinking investment purposes then I'm avoiding collectibles. I'll buy real estate, stocks and bonds.

3. I honestly don't think it is a particularly cool figure.

#12 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 10 March 2003 - 07:05 PM

20 bucks. I can't justify spending more then that on 1 figure.

He may be rare but with 100 bucks you can get a lot more then just 1 figure.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#13 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 07:59 PM

I guess I'm gonna shoehorn myself into the 'idiot' category......

I'd pay $350 for a legit 'MUSCLE' one (and I'm still skeptical)

and about $30 for a Kinkeshi one......

#14 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 11:05 PM

Less than $20.

...Then I'd sell it for $401.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 11:29 PM

me....probley 20-50 dollars.

Posted Image

#16 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 01:03 AM

hmmm
i guess if i really wanted him i'd go over $100
but i'd have to really want him badly

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#17 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 02:31 AM

I believe in "payin the cost to be the boss," but any m.u.s.c.l.e. over the $200 range is a little insane in my book. I have bottles that display beautifully from the 1850-1875 range that are anywhere from $50-$400. That just goes to show Ya what else is out there in the world for that kind of money! :lol:

But hey, if someone only collects m.u.s.c.l.e.s and has the money to blow on em..........more power to em! :)

#18 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:19 AM

I would pay 401+ for any of the "super" rares. For a few reasons, one I do not collect any toys except muscle/kinnikuman related stuff, so I have extra to spend. Two, I was happy when I finished my flesh set, then I got bored so I started trying to collect as many different colors of each figure, but that is a joke, so the super rares are the only things thats left for me. I think muscle collecting will someday get boring if there is not something new to add to my collection. Don't get me wrong, muscles and my collection will never get boring, just trying to get new figures will get boring. So to see a BHS or other "super" rare added to my set would make it fun again. Know what I mean homies?

#19 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 11:22 AM

i really couldn't bring myself to pay more than $10-$15 for any one m.u.s.c.l.e. figure. call it 'being brought up poor', or call it being 'a cheap bastitch'...
but if i had $400 to blow, (i'd still blow off a bunch on toys!), i have other places i would feel more justified spending it.

sorry. ^_^

#20 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2003 - 11:33 AM

I voted for the $21-100 for many of the reasons that Tortle explained, so I won’t repeat them.

However I don’t think that the people who would pay more are crazy. When something is “rare” it means that only a few will have it. The people who get it are the ones that are willing and able to spend more.

#21 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 03:16 PM

hell, i'd spend 21-100 because its within my means. perhaps if i had 300 i'd spend that if i had 500 id spend that and so on. its all relative!!!
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#22 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 11:04 PM

To put things in perspective, an extremly rare card game called "Havic: The Bothering", an unlicensed parody of Magic: The Gathering that was supposably sued out of existence for blantly ripping off Magic with one additional rule(Never, and we even mean it, buy another box of Havic. If you do, it's breaking the CCG patent held by Wizards of the Coast.), and they didn't have the money to fight WOTC from seizing a ton of cards(with titles like "Sheep F'ing Farmer" and such) from them.

I just put a bid of $100 on it. Retail Price of $10 per deck.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#23 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 11 March 2003 - 11:05 PM

For me, anything i collect is a luxury, which means i only use disposable income on it. Disposable income comes in small amounts for a college student. Big chunks of money like that dont count as disposable income in my book, that money would go into getting some roc wheels for my car. If the money i spend on muscles adds up to a chunk, which it probably does, thats different. Its all about how I percieve the money being spent. Little expenditures here and there dont set of my "cheap alarm". I said i would spend between 21-100, my max range, so basically, i would pass it up.

I dont know if any of that makes sense, just talking out of my arse
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#24 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 07:41 AM

Thats why i said 1 buck. I am a freshman in college and tuition is going up next year cuz i live in NY. Yup what fun. -_-
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#25 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 10:14 AM

Okay, after 30 resposes, it seems like the average value of BH Sunshine is $92.67. That's calculated by taking the median of each of the values, multiplying that by the number of people who responded to each value, and averaging all the values together.

Hm... I think I spent a bit too much brainpower on this... :lol:

-Nathan

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com