• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LaRata

LaRata

Skaven Painter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:WARHAMMER !!!, BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU, MIMP, STAR WARS , SAINT SEIYA , AND ALL TIME BEST BASS PLAYERS IN THE WORLD !!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

In many years of collect MIMP i have recently discover some bootlegs, this figurines are 100% fakes and looks very diferent than the sonrics ones i put the pics , enyoy and comment. cheers from Mexico City

Attached Files

GW RLZ !!!!

#2 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

One of my favorite things about LRG is the sense of community (when this doesn't take the form of a cliquish mob of nerds attacking somebody). Together we can help to expose bootlegs, bad sellers, and bad buyers.

I agree, when is there a "cliquish mob of nerds attacking somebody?" :unsure:

#3 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

A cliquish mob of nerds attacking somebody!

I'd watch that on YouTube!
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#4 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

One of my favorite things about LRG is the sense of community (when this doesn't take the form of a cliquish mob of nerds attacking somebody). Together we can help to expose bootlegs, bad sellers, and bad buyers.

I agree, when is there a "cliquish mob of nerds attacking somebody?" :unsure:

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you only ever post in this forum to pay out Brojo?

#5 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:02 AM

I agree, when is there a "cliquish mob of nerds attacking somebody?" :)

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you only ever post in this forum to pay out Brojo?

That's not true. I was agreeing with him (because I think that is a really important thing about the board), and I'm just one person, not a clique. :blink:

I was really asking too - no ball-busting. In fact, I'd really like to praise Brojo for his posting lately. It's so much easier to read. It's weird how the formatting had such a massive effect. Now they read like a really knowledgeable collector, instead of a really insane person.

#6 LaRata

LaRata

Skaven Painter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:WARHAMMER !!!, BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU, MIMP, STAR WARS , SAINT SEIYA , AND ALL TIME BEST BASS PLAYERS IN THE WORLD !!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

Thats the point get out the bad sellers and buyers !!!
GW RLZ !!!!

#7 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

Although bootleg toys can be appealing and there are many collectors that collect them, myself included but what defines custom and bootleg (customs are made so collectors can enjoy, bootlegs are made for mass selling to an unsuspecting market) and as we have not seen many of these "bootlegs" maybe it was just a novice sculptor trying to make customs.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#8 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

Interesting take, Aikola. I've never really thought about trying to define "bootleg." Like you say, TGB's "customs" are typically made via collector request, and they're intent is to supplement a collector's collection. And of course, the are extremely high quality. Sometimes, for extremely rare and/or expensive figures, a TGB custom can act as a perfect proxy!

Bootlegs that are nothing more than crappy re-casts of the original figures do nothing for me. On the other hand, bootlegs or "copy cat" toy lines like MUSCLEMANIA and War Beasts that are clear imitations of a more popular line but actually introduce new sculpts I do tend to like.

So, these MIMP boots that LaRata documents would fall into the "no likey" category for me.
Posted Image

#9 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

I see bootlegs and customs the same way as Aikola. But it really isn't a black and white issue. Figures like MUSCLEMANIA are a great example of the gray. They're clearly rip-offs of MUSCLE, but they aren't simply copies. Plus there are customs that are mass produced. I think of SW weapons falling into this category – I can't think of a better example, but I know there must be one.

It's also hard to say which ones I'll like. Nice bootlegs don't get my attention, but a terrible looking bootleg can be fun. It's almost case by case.

Edited by General Veers, 18 February 2009 - 12:31 PM.

#10 LaRata

LaRata

Skaven Painter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

Im agree , the apparience of the bootlegs are very different than the real ones , sonrics relased figurines has a lot of imperfections and the the bootlegs have some more, the Figurines i own are 100% real believe me , im so carful when i do trades with mexican guys and the mayor part of my colection was owned when i was a Kid.

Im a serious collector of Mexican Mimp , i have somes than looks strange and i dont know if are real or not , and those figurines dont are for trade, i only trade 100 % real Mexican Sonrics Figurines.
GW RLZ !!!!

#11 LaRata

LaRata

Skaven Painter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

The Blue tengu was a trade with one friend i want have it is a curiosity i never seen some like that before, the second ones i only have the photos but a group o people intent to sell them to mexcans collectors this group of cheating people made a mould of bad quality and use a plastic of common use in mexican figurines, its a kind of soft rubber of black color, and in response a group of serious collectors warning the others in mexico to avoid to dont buy theios fakes figures because they intent to sold themn in about $ 15 usd each.
GW RLZ !!!!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com