1 reply to this topic

#1 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

I just got my first lot of monster wrestlers in my pocket today. I had no intention of collecting them initially, because wrestlers are kind of boring... but now that I have them, I'm fairly impressed. They are a bit more imaginative than I first thought, but I would have liked it if the line included more monster wrestlers and less human wrestlers.

I'm curious though; there seems to be several different types of plastic used for them, and some of my duplicates are different sizes!

I have two w34, and whilst both are made from a fairly hard but flexible plastic, one is maybe 3 or 4mm taller than the other. The taller one is also marginally flatter than the short one.

Anyone else notice things like this? I assume the figures were made in several waves or something, which would explain the plastic, but that smaller one is just confusing because getting smaller is usually only a trait of bootlegs - did the mold break, and they made a new mold from one of the figures rather than the original sculpt? Are there many others who have been shrunk? Why not just forget that mold and make more figures using the others? Were there others?

Also, some of the paint jobs are hilariously bad. Especially the ones that didn't come from that breakfast cereal promotion, though some of those are pretty bad too.
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#2 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:40 PM

I just got my first lot of monster wrestlers in my pocket today. I had no intention of collecting them initially, because wrestlers are kind of boring... but now that I have them, I'm fairly impressed. They are a bit more imaginative than I first thought, but I would have liked it if the line included more monster wrestlers and less human wrestlers.

I'm curious though; there seems to be several different types of plastic used for them, and some of my duplicates are different sizes!

I have two w34, and whilst both are made from a fairly hard but flexible plastic, one is maybe 3 or 4mm taller than the other. The taller one is also marginally flatter than the short one.

Anyone else notice things like this? I assume the figures were made in several waves or something, which would explain the plastic, but that smaller one is just confusing because getting smaller is usually only a trait of bootlegs - did the mold break, and they made a new mold from one of the figures rather than the original sculpt? Are there many others who have been shrunk? Why not just forget that mold and make more figures using the others? Were there others?

Also, some of the paint jobs are hilariously bad. Especially the ones that didn't come from that breakfast cereal promotion, though some of those are pretty bad too.

I just posted these in Sightings. LOL I was unaware of their common status though. "more monster.....less human" LOL great quote Airot!
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com