• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

This is not a formal review or anything.  I just wanted a place to keep track of what toys are being released for the new Avengers movie. 

The first toyline that I have noticed -- which is already out -- is this rather generic line of 2.5 inch articulated figures by Hasbro.  The same line encompasses figures with vehicles and playsets.

The most interesting sub-set are these figures that come with "Sub-Ultron" bad guys.  7 packs are out. The Sub-Ultons combine to form a giant robot baddie.

I assume -- or at least I am hoping -- that two more packs are going to come out (maybe after the movie opening on May 1st).  Because, as of right now, you would have to buy two dupicate packs (Hulk and Hawkeye) if you wanted to build the build-a-figure mega-sub-ultron thing. Both arms showing up, but we still need another leg an another foot. 

Neither Black Widow, nor Vision have been released in this series.  So, I hope they come with Sub-Ultron #8 and Sub-Ultron #9.  Presumably, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver could show up in this line too. 

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 10 March 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

I just want an Ultron-Ultron.

#3 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

Funko is set to take it to the bank on this movie.  In addition to many Pops -- they are releasing mini Pops in the form of 1.5 inch keychains, their blind-boxed Mystery Minis, plush versions in their Fabrikations line, and the classic Wacky Wobblers -- at least mini versions.  

Attached Files

#4 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

The Funko Pop line was slated for a core set of 7, with the first time Hawkeye, Vision, and Ultron appearing in Pop form.  Then a new version of Black Widow was added to the line, so I guess the core set is 8 figures.  These all should appear at a variety of retailers.  Then there is the 6-inch Hulkbuster figure.  I think this should show up at many retailers too.  Some variant of the Hulkbuster will appear in the debut box of Marvel X Funko's new subscription service.  Two Hulk variants have already been announced.  Savage Hulk will be a gray GID figure exclusive to Hot Topic and Gamma Hulk will be a green GID figure exclusive to Barnes & Noble. 

Attached Files

#5 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

The Cosbaby toyline by Hot Toys will have the following....

Attached Files

#6 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

So far, the most complete toyline -- as far as featured characters -- are the Lego sets. 

Anyway, there is going to be 6 sets with an additional super-set which is the $350 SHIELD Helicarrier. 

Here are pictures of the figures from the main 6 sets.

Attached Files

#7 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

Here are the Age of Ultron Minimates by Diamond Select Toys.  As usual, there is a comic shop assortment and a TRU exclusive assortment. 

Avengers: Age of Ultron Minimates – Comic and Specialty Assortment

• Iron Man and Black Widow
  • Captain America and Thor
  • Hawkeye and Ultron
  • Hawkeye (Alternate Outfit) and Sub-Ultron

Avengers: Age of Ultron Minimates – Toys “R” Us Assortment

• Iron Man and Black Widow
  • Captain America and Thor
  • Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

As you can see, there are 4 unique packs -- plus one variant pack. 

No Hulk?

I have to assume some additional pack is coming with Hulk and and the Hulkbuster.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 10 March 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#8 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

That's all I have at this time. 

I don't collect Marvel Legends or Marvel Select, but I know they have figures coming. 

I'm sure there are other Age of Ultron toylines too -- so just add them here. 

#9 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:53 PM

More Hot Topic exclusive variants announced.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 12 March 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#10 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

Marvel Legends by Hasbro will have two exclusive 3-packs.  The SHIELD team is a TRU exclusive.  Ultron, Hulk, and phase-shifting Vision will be in a Target exclusive 3-pack. These will cost $50 per set. 

Attached Files

#11 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

This is not a toy, but I thought it was interesting.  It is a size chart comparision of the characters. 

Hawkeye is 5'10"

Captain America and Thor are both 6'4"

Iron Man is 6'5"

Hulk is 8'5"

Ultron is 8'

Hulkbuster is 11'

Attached Files

#12 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:45 PM

It's hard to find a definitive list of the 2.5 inch figures of this series.

Are there any more of the regular doublepacks than these? I know there are some "deluxe" packs too.

Iron Man Mark 43 vs Sub Ultron 001
Captain America vs Sub Ultron 002
Hulk vs Sub Ultron 003
Hawkeye vs Sub Ultron 004
Thor vs Sub Ultron 005
War Machine vs Sub Ultron 006
Nick Fury vs Sub Ultron 007
Scarlet Witch vs Sub Ultron 008
Quicksilver vs Sub Ultron 009
Iron Man Mark 45 vs Sub Ultron 010
Vision vs Sub Ultron 011
Rampaging Hulk vs Sub Ultron 012
Ultron Mark 1 vs Iron Legion
Ultron 2.0 & Ultron Sentries
Captain America vs Ultimate Ultron
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#13 Spaceknight

Spaceknight

Powerful Living Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

When/where were the Cap vs. Ultimate Ultron and Quicksilver sets released? I never saw either of those...

On a related note, anyone seen the similar Civil War 2-packs at retail? I've only seen them at Gordman's. Target has the play sets and their exclusive 9-pack but no 2-packs... Given how often I saw AOU Nick Fury sets peg-warming various places, do you think retailers are staying away from the Civil War 2-packs?

#14 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

It's hard to find a definitive list of the 2.5 inch figures of this series.

Are there any more of the regular doublepacks than these? I know there are some "deluxe" packs too.

Iron Man Mark 43 vs Sub Ultron 001
Captain America vs Sub Ultron 002
Hulk vs Sub Ultron 003
Hawkeye vs Sub Ultron 004
Thor vs Sub Ultron 005
War Machine vs Sub Ultron 006
Nick Fury vs Sub Ultron 007
Scarlet Witch vs Sub Ultron 008
Quicksilver vs Sub Ultron 009
Iron Man Mark 45 vs Sub Ultron 010
Vision vs Sub Ultron 011
Rampaging Hulk vs Sub Ultron 012
Ultron Mark 1 vs Iron Legion
Ultron 2.0 & Ultron Sentries
Captain America vs Ultimate Ultron

This is waaaay more than I was ever aware of.  We did not get many of these packs in my area, that is a fact.  The wave that came to the discount stores was half of the first wave (Cappy, Nick Fury, Iron Man, Hulk) PLUS BOTH 3-packs, plus the Vision pack (sub 11).  I have never ever seen Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver,  Iron Man v2, Hulk v2, or Cappy v2.

I still can't believe there is no Black Widow.  

I have already seen a Civil War deluxe set at Target.  Maybe BW was in that, I did not look closely.   

The demise of this line will be that they don't have an easily identifiable name.  Something like "Miniature Alliance" would have been fine.   

Edited by steverotters, 06 March 2016 - 04:59 PM.

#15 Spaceknight

Spaceknight

Powerful Living Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

At least we're getting Black Widow in the Civil War sets.

#16 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

Here is the deluxe pack that Target had in Dec for AoU.  I figured it would go to Jan clearance since all the sub-ulton packs had just been warming the pegs for many months.  But, further suggesting how much of a flop the sub-ulton idea is/was, the deluxe pack actually sold out in the Christmas season.  Smooth move by Hasbro and Target on the deluxe pack.  The clearance stores still can't move these pinheaded sub-ultron packs at $3 each.

I can't find anyone selling a Quicksilver in this line. 

Here is also the Civil War pack currently at Target. 

Attached Files

#17 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:28 AM

When/where were the Cap vs. Ultimate Ultron and Quicksilver sets released? I never saw either of those...

I should point out I only have seven of these packs myself. I have only been buying them when they hit half price. I do have the Captain America/Ultimate Ultron pack and that one was (is) available at The Entertainer toy store in the UK. There's quite a few I haven't seen, including the Quicksilver set.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marvel, avengers, hulk, hasbro, funko, hot toys, cosbaby, lego, iron man, ultron

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com