Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Where'd all this lot appear from all of a sudden?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:57 AM

Hi friends, was surfin' the good 'ole worldwide web when I came across all these listings of Series 3 MIMP. Very mixed mixed prices between different sellers I gotta say! :blink:

Another thing of course is the ones pictured against the wooden floor. Whoever's selling them clearly isn't aware they're from BigBoy restaurants, not Shreddies. You only have to look at the colours to see they differ from Shreddies Green and Orange. Usually can't tell with Pink unless shown side by side though!

My only other assumption as to why he's confused the two is because they're probably soft rubber rather than hard plastic. But the big giveaway is the fact that he hasn't got a single Orobas sculpt in any of his listings. Hell, if we did see Tyrian Purple version of the horse-demon himself, it'd certainly throw the cat amongst the pigeons within the LRG collecting community won't it lads! lol :lol:

Anyway here's the link:https://www.ebay.ca/...es 3&_sacat=220

Your thoughts?

"Ant"

#2 m.u.s.c.l.e.figures

m.u.s.c.l.e.figures

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Any Mini Figures really

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:11 PM

How can you tell they are hard plastic by the photos? The colors all look the same to me

#3 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:34 AM

How can you tell they are hard plastic by the photos? The colors all look the same to me

I'm just guessing really! :rolleyes: It's because they're BigBoy premiums, and as general rule of thumb, the odd numbered are hard and evens are soft. But as I discovered with my Purple Anubis, it can be sometimes vice versa.

In regards to colour, the orange figures look more yellower and the greens are a lot lighter in comparison to Shreddies. I believe the correct terms to describe BB variations are "Marigold" and "Apple Green". You can see this when comparing to other figures side by side, albeit not a great deal of difference I'll admit, but there definitely is! ;)

You can also tell by looking at the other auctions on the page. A good example is that bright Orange Anubis that's currently at $20 and the Siren at $64.77 here:

Attached File  s-l225.jpg   5.9K   0 downloadsAttached File  s-l225 (1).jpg   7.21K   0 downloads

#4 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

Chris Lanberg also has a hard and soft purple BB. I believe it is Anubis as well; if I recall correctly.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com