207 replies to this topic

#51 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

Finally found these at Target...Already on clearance! I cleaned them out of course, at $2.98 per 8 pack and $1.78 per 4 pack it was a no-brainer.

I'm now only 6 figures away from a complete base set!

I wonder what Target's game is, getting these so late and practically giving them away. Unless I missed them in the isles for the past few months.

#52 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:56 AM

Finally found these at Target...Already on clearance! I cleaned them out of course, at $2.98 per 8 pack and $1.78 per 4 pack it was a no-brainer.

I'm now only 6 figures away from a complete base set!

I wonder what Target's game is, getting these so late and practically giving them away. Unless I missed them in the isles for the past few months.

It is was likely a big accident.  They were probably coded as Trash Pack -- which all stores have on clearance.   I have seen them do this before with brand new items.  Good going though.  Looks like you will be the first across the MM finish line!

#53 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

Toys R Us where I live has all Mutant Mania on sale for 50% off. I asked the checker if they were on clearance, but she said it was just a sale. I picked up a few, and this is what I got.

This first pic is for the figures I bought before I knew about this thread. The top two pics are the ones I believe were visible on the from of the 8 pack. 
Attached File  IMG_7356.JPG   137.5K   6 downloads

The rest are just what I picked up today. I grabbed one of each that they had available, with a couple of four packs being the exception. I'll likely go back today and buy any others they might have. 

No idea why it posts them sideways. 

Attached Files

Edited by be9ine, 06 February 2015 - 03:29 PM.

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#54 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:47 PM

Went back to TRU and picked up a few more packs. Quite a few, actually. Run in to a lot of doubles, but funnily enough, I have acquired quite a few "Ultra Rare" doubles. I picked up one of every variation of figures they had. 

These are the contents of the 1 packs I picked up:
Attached File  IMG_7364.JPG   149.38K   5 downloads

The rest are four and eight packs. 

Attached Files

Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#55 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for sharing. Not sure why but I keep having to re-follow my own topic and keep missing people's posts because I am not getting any email notifications. 

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#56 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:23 AM

I only get email notifications for PM's, I have to manually check for updates to threads I've poated in.

So does TRU commonly restock on Saturday's?

#57 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

See I got an email notification for your reply but it will reset eventually and stop notifying me.

As for TRU; I have no idea.

#58 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

If these are replacing Trash Pack then maybe we'll start seeing some fun copy-cat toy lines like Handfull of Muscle* or Wrestlers of the Galaxies*

*patent pending

#59 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

I could live with that.

#60 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:53 PM

Two TRUs in my area and neither have restocked these since X-Mas.  And no Target that I have been to has stocked them.  Grrrrr.

#61 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, mine seam to be running with the same old supply also. Haven't checked Target.

#62 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

The Targets in my area don't carry anything from Moose toys. I went back to TRU today to see if they put out any new stock, and they hadn't. Stopped a guy that works there, asked if they had any in the back, he scanned all the barcodes associated with this toyline  - nothing in the back, nothing planned to come back; says TRU (at least here in Eugene) is discontinuing Mutant Mania. So I picked up two of the wrestling rings - one for each exclusive twosome, and one of the Mutant Mashers. At 50% off, I couldn't say no ;)

My observation of the tracking system we've all contributed to is that it's mostly dead on, with the exception of a few. I picked up a couple four packs, and an eight pack with visible figures identical to those others have posted here, but got the same results that I did when I picked up a bunch Friday - mostly they're all the same, but there are a few that are different Might be a regional thing. Too bad, too, as I haven't picked up a single four armed, or for legged common at all, which ironically, is the entire reason I got in to this line :D

#63 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

I finally scanned your pictures be9ine.  We are dealing with the same stock -- in other words, I have every pack that you have.  Local TRUs have not restocked.  They were *on sale*  50 percent off, which is not the same as "clearance,* though I actually would not be that surprised if they are going to clearance as well.  All Trash Pack moved out of Targets about two weeks ago.  Juggy reported that his Target(s) got some Mutant Mania which went straight to clearance along with the Trash Pack.  Who knows.  Maybe its time to ask the TRU manager how much he wants for that MM display. :)

Neither TRU nor Target has really fully revamped since the Christmas clean-out anyway.  I think it is customary for Jan and Feb to be continued clearance months and then new products roll in after Toyfair, which was this past weekend.  Also -- I have a suspicion that the current dockworkers strike has affected the shipment of all our beloved Chinese toys. 

Here's our Mutant Mania sitting on a ship:

Attached Files

#64 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

just heard about the dock strike - I think you might be on to something there. I'll check TRU again soon to see if they've gotten anything new; as you said, clearance isn't the same thing as 50% off - they have clearance stickers on some of the trash pack stuff, but not on the MM stuff. Hopefully they'll restock!

#65 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

With those mini Ugglys coming in summer, that's another indicator that Mutant Mania is being discontinued.  I suspect TRU (or Target) will restock Series 1 again before summer, they they will end with the arrival of Ugglys, and we are probably not getting a series 2.  I haven't checked ebay Australia -- that would give some clue, since the AU market is about 6 month ahead of the US for Moose products. 

Edited by steverotters, 19 February 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#66 UltraSquid

UltraSquid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

Hey guys, not sure if anyone noticed this but it seems that on the blind pack cans there is an individual code stamped to each can. Any chance these codes could help us figure out what is in the blind pack cans?

EL25514104 - Chop Suey [clear] [080]

EL2551451 - Shocktopus [015]

EL2551443 - Rip Snorter [051]

EL2551433 - Hi Voltage [075]

EL2551435 - Strombar [019]

EL2551436 - Sonic Boom [083]

EL2551445 - Angry Ant [095]

Also, it seems on the back of the 4-pack and 8-pack figures, there is also a unique individual numbered stamp for each package.

I had also heard a rumor that on the top half of the box that contains the cans, all of those cans are clear figures and on the bottom half is the fully painted figures. After getting Chop Suey [clear], I followed this method and found that I did not get any clear figures once I started picking them from the bottom half of the box.

What are your thoughts on the number stamps? Has anyone else noticed this?

Attached Files

#67 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

I noticed the # stamps on the 8 packs and bought every number I could find and all were different. I bought the same # twice just to test it and it was the same pack-out.

Never bothered to check the single packs.

#68 UltraSquid

UltraSquid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

Juggy, how many total 8 packs did you end up getting in total?

#69 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

Countless packs at this point. I didn't keep track of the numbers on the back except for one time when I had found some 'newer' guys. I think there were #'s going up to the 20's though; those last two digits I mean. All in all I found it too tedious and nearly useless since you end up with doubles and an incomplete set no matter what.

I have nearly two complete sets and *maybe* 150 extras.
Still need three more guys though :(

#70 UltraSquid

UltraSquid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

Wow, that's a lot of wrestlers! Which guys do you still need?

#71 UltraSquid

UltraSquid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

Three more wrestlers enter the ring...

EL2551426 - Broog [011]

EL2551416 - Thriller Driller [067]

EL2551417 - Arach Attack [089]

Attached Files

#72 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

I need 015, 059, and 062

http://www.littlerub...opic=220707&hl=

#73 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

Um....

Attached Files

#74 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

Good to see toymakers coming up with totally original ideas and not ripping off earlier lines.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#75 UltraSquid

UltraSquid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

That battle belt is sweet... do want!!!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com