Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:47 AM

Good Day AKIA Forums,

Finally, the translation is complete for
Kinnikuman Movie 6: Crisis in New York.

You can download a copy of the 1st half of the 1st Draft below.
It's still in need of some smoothing out. Just for the sake of an easier read/performance.(Especially with the scenes involving Detective Ukon)

Those interested in auditioning.
Please refer to the "I just had the craziest idea" Thread for info on how to upload your try-outs. Of course if your still have some questions feel free to post them here.

I'll post the Cast below and edit it accordingly once we have filled the roll;

So far after the previous thread's auditions I have this:

Kinnikuman Movie 6 Cast of Characters;

Suguru Kinnikuman
Akuma Shogun
Terryman.....................................Theorgg
Robin Mask...................................Adamantiumwulf
Ramenman...................................Adamantiumwulf
Buffaloman
Brocken Jr
Warsman......................................Frobman
Geronimo
Rikishiman
Meat
Nachi(Nachiguron)
King Muscle(Mayumi)
Queen Muscle
Commisioner (Vance McMadd/Haribote)
Maria
Natsuko(Terry'sWife)
Skullduggery(Kinkotsuman)
Slab(Iwao)........................................Theorgg
Skullduggery's Great Grandma
Detective Ukon
Agent Akaiwa
Yosaku-san the cook
Doc Nakano/Sandy Nakano
Mac Metaphor/Mike Metaphor
Evil Chojin#1
Evil Chojin#2
Narrator
Spirit of New York City/The Big Apple
Former US President Ronald Reagan

So far just three people whom I feel are shoe-ins for the rolls.
We need more auditions please.(especially after I post the 2nd half here)

Although, Frobman, Theorgg, and Adamantiumwulf you had some other takes in your auditions that I feel we can use to fill some of the smaller rolls in the movie also.
In truth I think between you 3 alone we can probably cast this whole film but we'll let some of the others try out first before we take it that far. :p

Other than the rolls above we may be in need of some specific fans and evil chojins screaming for background noise if we can't salvage the originals. So
if you just want to be involved but don't think you can handle a full on speaking roll then we can still use you for that.

Also, Knuxiechan from what I've gathered in the old thread it looks like we'll need to capture the full,clean tracks of background music. So if you happen to have some in your Kinnikuman CD collection somewhere let us know.

-SK

Attached Files

Edited by Sooperkreep, 20 September 2006 - 09:11 PM.

Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#2 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:00 AM

Yay! I'm Warsman!
You may have to wait for awhile, cos I now take a train to university for an hour (doing an animation course) and may only have a few days off to work on this. I'll see what I can do.

#3 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

Nezumi-Otoko for President!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:32 AM

Okay, read it... not too bad, still wish all of the names were the originals. Because I couldn't see it I had trouble following the scene with Ukon, though.

Question: What was with the "American relatives" of the announcers? Was that actually in it, or did you add that?
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010
"Washi ga Otokojuku jukuchou... Edajima Heihachi de aru!!!!!"

#4 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:45 AM

Frobman,

No problem I believe Warsman only hisses and yells out his Finisher after he's a part of the Shogun so it won't take too much of yer time. ^^

Chojin Showtime,

Yeah, you have to see the action to even partially get that scene and even then it's confusing. That scene above all else is gonna be subject to heavy editing I think.

And, yes American announcers(just blonde haired versions of Mac and Nakano) are a part of the film ^^.

-Checkmate

#5 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime/manga (especially Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)...that's it, I think. XD

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:47 AM

Cool, we've got some script to work with! :p *mkaes note to read it aftfer work*

I'll throw my hat in to help with the background/audience chatter, and I'll also do some auditions for the female characters (I'll include Nachiguron in there too XD), hopefully I'll be good enough for one of the roles.

BTW, to those who already have parts (TheOrgg, AdimantiumWulf, Frobman): Any chance of you reloaing your auditions tot he forums? I didn't get the chance to hear 'em the first time, and I'd like to know what sorta voices others are using. ^^;

#6 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:56 AM

Chojin Showtime,

Yeah, you have to see the action to even partially get that scene and even then it's confusing. That scene above all else is gonna be subject to heavy editing I think.

And, yes American announcers(just blonde haired versions of Mac and Nakano) are a part of the film ^^.

The reletives are simply very homosexual looking versions of Doc and Mac.

Can we get someone to upload the movie in five pieces to YouTube?

Also: CRAP! I didn't get Rocky Slabb? DAMNED!

Edited by theorgg, 20 September 2006 - 09:56 AM.

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#7 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

Chojin Showtime,

Cool... Then I'm still interested in playing the announcer...

Oh yeah, and I forgot to say in my first post: "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!" Not once in that script did Terry say "howdy", "reckon", "gosh-dang" or any of that other crap neither he or Kid would say!! THANK YOU!!

But still, does he actually refer to Kinnikuman as Suguru in this movie... 'cuz he never does that... nor do any of the other Idol Choujins...

The reletives are simply very homosexual looking versions of Doc and Mac.

Isn't the movie only like 25 minutes long or sumfin'? For youtube only 3 parts would be fine...
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#8 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime/manga (especially Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)...that's it, I think. XD

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:42 AM

I can do that. :p And Chyojin's right, 3 splits should be enough with the 10 minute limit.

Edited by Chibibee, 20 September 2006 - 10:45 AM.

#9 Jenny

Jenny

i'm tired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:57 AM

I'll see if I can try to make a clip to audition for the part of Akuma Shogun.

ZObY.png

#10 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:34 PM

I don't have the background music of Kinnikuman, just the Nisei anime. ^^; Dunno if you could still use it though.

*still needs to try recording self, but is chicken*

#11 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

Chojin Showtime,

I'm going pretty much directly from the exact words spoken in the Original version. I'm really just re-aranging them so they make sense in English.

Overall even when it come to the Original Names VS the Ultimate Muscle ones you should be pleased for the most part, CS. They don't really refer to each other by name in the film anyway. I just type them that way so we can all know who's who.

(looks at Translation)And yes it looks like Terry does say Suguru here. I'll listen closely to the film once more to make sure. No biggy.

Theorgg,

I loved your Rocky Slabb VA. Thing is I don't think he actually says anything in the movie. We may need to hear him scream in the background as he gets owned by Shogun. B)

ALso, that was one of the voices that may work out well for Detective Ukon or even Great Grandma. :huh:

KnuxieChan Posted on Sep 20 2006, 12:34 PM
  I don't have the background music of Kinnikuman, just the Nisei anime. ^^; Dunno if you could still use it though.

KnuxieChan,

Hmm, okay. Well if we get stuck we may need those then.
I'm sure you can do SOMETHING.

So many small rolls to fill.
Hopefully you'll find one you'll like/think you can do. :)

Oh yeah, and here's
ACT II:

Attached Files

-Checkmate

#12 Jaeger gal

Jaeger gal

" Live & Let Live "

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Anime, video games, movies, and writing fan fictions.

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:34 PM

Thank you ^^ I like this, it was very good to! ^^
I promised mom and dad,the moment before they died...that I would join the justice federation...and use my powers for the world,for the people...
Jeager in volume 7

#13 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:02 PM

Chojin Showtime,

I'm going pretty much directly from the exact words spoken in the Original version. I'm really just re-aranging them so they make sense in English.

Overall even when it come to the Original Names VS the Ultimate Muscle ones you should be pleased for the most part, CS. They don't really refer to each other by name in the film anyway. I just type them that way so we can all know who's who.

(looks at Translation)And yes it looks like Terry does say Suguru here. I'll listen closely to the film once more to make sure. No biggy.

Theorgg,

I loved your Rocky Slabb VA. Thing is I don't think he actually says anything in the movie. We may need to hear him scream in the background as he gets owned by Shogun. B)

ALso, that was one of the voices that may work out well for Detective Ukon or even Great Grandma. :huh:

KnuxieChan Posted on Sep 20 2006, 12:34 PM

KnuxieChan,

Hmm, okay. Well if we get stuck we may need those then.
I'm sure you can do SOMETHING.

So many small rolls to fill.
Hopefully you'll find one you'll like/think you can do. :)

Oh yeah, and here's
ACT II:

I've combed part 1 with the scrypt in hand. A few lines are missing, and the 'Execution' dialog is actually Chairman Mcmadd, not King Meyumi.

Actually, watching the clip I've got, Rocky is saying a response to Skullduggery when "Huh? I thought that guy was an actor!" Slab says "Humph. Little showoff!" (or by context it seems)

Also, a suggestion for that not funny and not really informative line:

Skullduggery: Is this suppose to be funny? America's president is a cowboy?
Rocky Slab: This'll be funnier twenty years from now!

Mr. Slab also is the one speaking when the characters are getting stoned, not Granny. (possibility for that: Skullduggery: the Fleshbags are all turning to stone! Slab: I don't have to worry, I'm made of sto--(turns to stone))

The cop scene doesn't make that much sense; I have the feeling its a Japanese cultural reference. Make this into a traffic stop for exceding the smell limit? Then the 'faces' are a breath-test type thing?

I'll ask JKaris if he'll make a Kinnikuman Fandub forum now, so we can discuss issues independantly.

I think tryout competitions should be by character in that forum.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#14 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:10 PM

Theorgg,

Awesome, I Haven't had a chance to proof read/watch the Film since I recieved the script translations. So feel free to update such things on your copy Orgg. Then Just bounce it back to me and I'll replace the Old Versions I have uploaded now.

I'm sure we'll catch some issues like these later on as well. The translator mislabeled a few characters on the 1st version I got from her. I caught most of them but I doubt I caught ALL of them. Keep yer eyes peeled.

Let's make our corrections/alterations to all 3 Acts (ActIII is on the way) then we can better focus our attention on the auditions. If Jkaris can help with that even better :huh: .

-Checkmate

#15 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:13 PM

Okay, I'll try recording a bit, but wait a day or two: I have a damned cold.

:huh:
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#16 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

I'll do a little neatening up and slight phrase editing that'll hopefully make it flow a bit better.

Any changes other than grammatical I'll bring up so people can give their feelings on the changes.

Also, I do belive that "Mari chan"'s name was translated as "Marie" in Ultimate Muscle. I'll have to watch the Kevin Mask fights again to make sure, but I'm fairly certain.

Also, should "honored US citizen award" and "US citizen medal of honoring" be shortened to "The Medal of Honor?" Seems to be innoculous enough.

Edited by theorgg, 20 September 2006 - 07:53 PM.

#17 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:24 PM

I haven't downloaded or read yet, but to make sure...this ISN'T translated like the intro to Zero Wing, right?
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#18 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:27 AM

Well, I think one portion of it is; I'll put up an edited-for-grammar version of it up when SuperKreep gets the entire portion done.

The only Zero-Wingish portion is the 'Cop wants to bust Kinn, then use his bathroom' scene of confusion.

#19 A-Log

A-Log

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:59 PM

This sounds very interesting. So in this case, I'm game. I was wondering if, after I read the scripts of each act, I could record a line for each of the characters I like to voice for the fan-dub? They are:

Brocken, Jr. (ala Wayne Grayson)
Geronimo (either ala Eric Stuart or Eric Idle)
Skullduggery
Mac Metaphor & Doc Nakano
Ronald Reagan (I do a killer Ronnie voice)

Second question: how do I send you the audition clips of each one?

Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto

#20 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:10 PM

First, record the line.

Then put it to a fairly high quality .MP3 file and use fileshare.de to upload it, then post a link to it on the thread for the character you are wanting to try out for.

#21 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:29 PM

Why does it have to be .MP3?
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#22 Drax

Drax

N°1 Chojin Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:16 AM

Misleading thread title... it should state "fandubbed" and not "translated".
I was hoping for a subbed version or maybe simply the script but no it has to be an english dub >.>

PS: yes I'm pro sub and I don't get why people want to dub things while the result will always be bad cause first they're not pro and 2nd animes (and most movies/tv series) are always better with their original dub.

#23 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:33 AM

Well, it isn't 'fandubbed' yet.

The movie is translated, and the raw scripts are being put up from the translation that was hand written. Those will stay as they are, with only characters who were misnamed being changed (Commissioner Mcmadd is half the time referred to as King Muscle, and Grammama is subbed for Slab, and a couple of times, someone else's line is blurred in with the previous or next person's line. How can you tell? Well, its who is speaking while you're watching the movie...)

I'm then editing them for clarity(My dearest friends? "Closest" is the english equivilent-- this isn't Britan! "Good Night, Cruel World?" Its "Goodbye, Cruel World!" etc.)

first they're not pro

Excuse me, but I do have professional experience with overdubbing sound, and even have a degree in Recording Arts. The sound work will be done extremly well, assuming we can find someone to remake the background music.

As for a subtitled version, if we can find someone who knows how to put subtitles onto a film, we might be able to have Original Japanese, English Subtitles, and Fandubbed Dialog/kitch.

#24 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

Wow, the dialogue is getting tougher & tougher to seperate between
characters. So we may hay have a bit more mismatched phrase to character
corrections to deal with here and there.

Drax Posted on Sep 22 2006, 12:16 AM
  Misleading thread title... it should state "fandubbed" and not "translated".
I was hoping for a subbed version or maybe simply the script but no it has to be an english dub >.>

PS: yes I'm pro sub and I don't get why people want to dub things while the result will always be bad cause first they're not pro and 2nd animes (and most movies/tv series) are always better with their original dub. 

BECAUSE WE SAID SO! :mcmadd: :KS:

Seriously though, I've said it a few times now. If some one on these forums can use this script to subtitle the movie just let me know and they will be more than welcome to it.

Anyways here's ACT III:
(just one more act to go)

Attached Files

-Checkmate

#25 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

Red Rain of... Pain? Apache Yell...? oy...

Well, anyways, I should have a new microphone in about a week (maybe more, though). Then I can audition (that was a cool movie).
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com