15 replies to this topic

#1 TheBlazngYudekki01

TheBlazngYudekki01

#1 Greatest Ramenman fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hey guys, it's me again. I know it's been a while since I last came to this site, as I said before, I am very busy with my own obligations, but now I think I have time. The reason why I made this Topic is to discuss about Warsman's sudden rise in popularity.

Just look at the recent Kinnikuman Character Popularity polls. LOOK AT THIS!!:

http://wpb.shueisha....nikuman-result/

How did this happen!?! Why has Warsman became so popular all of a sudden!?! He used to get his ass handed to him almost as many times as Wolfman when fighting the Akuma and Perfect Chojin (another difference is that Warsman has more victories). Did he become so popular because of the stuff he did in the Kinnikuman Nisei series? Is that why? 

And what about Ramenman!?! He used to be a lot cooler and endured more difficult battles! All of his fights in Tatake!! Ramenman (who had some arch-enemies that made Akuma Shogun look like a weakling), he and Buffaloman lasted longer in the fight against the Hell Missionaries than the Chojin-Shitei Combo (I counted the number of pages in the manga and timed the episodes in the anime; and the 2000 Million Powers vs Hell Missionaries fight lasted longer than the Chojin-Shitei Combo vs Hell Missionaries fight), Fought MotorMan and BikeMan without taking a break, and is the only chojin (I know of so far) who is somewhat immune to Prisman's Rainbow Shower. I know that in a previous thread I claimed that Ramenman is the 2nd strongest character in the Kinnikuman franchise, but all of you disagreed with me (even though I did tons of research, but all of you denied it anyway because you do not want to admit your favorite character is weaker than Ramenman), so I just began not to even care anymore. I also felt kind of insulted that you think a wrestler can beat up a Chinese Martial Artist (Kinnikuman is the only exception because he has Burning Inner Strength and Friendship Power). So anyway, back to my topic...

Why has Warsman become so popular and why has Ramenman's popularity gone downhill? Even The Ninja, THE NINJA, is more popular than Ramenman!!! The Ninja has died more times than Wolfman. Speaking of Wolfman, why hasn't he showed up in the new/revived series, yet!?! Pentagon showed up and helped Black Hole against that fight with Jack Tea.

I'm grateful that Ramenman was able to make it into the Top 10, but I'm just so infuriated that he was ranked so low.

And even in Kinnikuman Nisei, never once he was in the Top 10.

Posted Image

#2 BrockenmanJr

BrockenmanJr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

Take into account that this is a popularity contest. Ramenman may be the second strongest character in the series, but people voted for the character they liked the most, be it due to their design, moves, or their story. If Kinnikuman is the strongest character due to his KKD, then surely he should have won the contest?

Also, the events in Victory Ramenman don't necessarily tie in to the main Kinnikuman storyline. In fact, the two series only really share a character in common. This poll is for characters in the main Kinnikuman series, so that is what they will be voting based on.

If you want to make this a contest of strength, there's no point in having a vote.

And anyway, we can't forget Warsman's numerous achievements throughout the series, including defeating and almost killing Ramenman, and with his recent victory over Polarman, a spike in popularity is no surprise.

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10724 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

He's a badass Russian cyborg. He's part Robocop, part Wolverine, and balances the right amount of pathos with a toughness. What's not to like? I'm more confused when he's NOT higher up on those lists.

#4 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

Warsman has always been very popular as far as merchandise sales go.  He has been one of the top five selling choujin characters for the past 20 years.

Posted Image

#5 TheBlazngYudekki01

TheBlazngYudekki01

#1 Greatest Ramenman fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Now, I want to apologize just in case I might have offended anyone (especially the Warsman fans here), but, I am just that damn curious as to why he became so popular. I don't want to strike up another argument like the last time when I made that claim that Ramenman is the 2nd strongest character in the series. I'm also curious as to why Ramenman is not as popular as he used to be.

And I am not doing this by a contest of strength. It's about the accomplishments the characters have done, and how they were able to stand out in their own unique way.

Edited by TheBlazngYudekki01, 20 September 2013 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

I think Ramenman's face holds him back more than anything else.  He looks worst than most intentionally offensive stereotypes.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 TheBlazngYudekki01

TheBlazngYudekki01

#1 Greatest Ramenman fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

I don't want all of you to get the wrong idea here, I respect Warsman!! He's at least my 8th favorite Chojin. I'll admit that I did kind of hold a grudge against him after his fight with Ramenman. But Warsman has some major balls!! He has as much guts and courage as Wolfman. He was willing to sacrifice his life so Kinnikuman could defeat Planetman, helped Kinnikuman in his fight against The Hell Missionaries from the grave, aided Kinnikuman's escape from hell, his fight against Manriki was heart-warming to me, avenged Robin Mask and spared Polarman's life, and properly trained Kevin Mask.

Warsman redeeming himself of those bad deeds he committed in the past, becoming a better person from following the examples of his teacher "Robin Mask" (who is my 2nd favorite character in the series) and observing the acts of others, and continues to develop as a more respectable character. That's what I like about Warman!!!

Edited by TheBlazngYudekki01, 20 September 2013 - 04:34 PM.

Posted Image

#8 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Haha, I kind of liked the bad deeds, to be honest, hahaha

#9 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Haha, I kind of liked the bad deeds, to be honest, hahaha

lol me too.

Warsman is an everyman.  He has flaws and gets his ass kicked now and then.  Your average Japanese dude can relate to that.  Ramenman while a total killer character, is too mystical and legendary to for many fans to relate to.  He is a fantasy.  On a personal level however, the fallible Russian cyborg is someone your beat down (with the cruel realities of everyday life) guy can identify with.

Posted Image

#10 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Plus, he stabs those mythical fantasies in the face.

THE F'N FACE!!

#11 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling, MMA, sleeping, Video games, eating,
    Reading.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hey guys, it's me again. I know it's been a while since I last came to this site, as I said before, I am very busy with my own obligations, but now I think I have time. The reason why I made this Topic is to discuss about Warsman's sudden rise in popularity.

Just look at the recent Kinnikuman Character Popularity polls. LOOK AT THIS!!:

http://wpb.shueisha....nikuman-result/

How did this happen!?! Why has Warsman became so popular all of a sudden!?! He used to get his ass handed to him almost as many times as Wolfman when fighting the Akuma and Perfect Chojin (another difference is that Warsman has more victories). Did he become so popular because of the stuff he did in the Kinnikuman Nisei series? Is that why? 

And what about Ramenman!?! He used to be a lot cooler and endured more difficult battles! All of his fights in Tatake!! Ramenman (who had some arch-enemies that made Akuma Shogun look like a weakling), he and Buffaloman lasted longer in the fight against the Hell Missionaries than the Chojin-Shitei Combo (I counted the number of pages in the manga and timed the episodes in the anime; and the 2000 Million Powers vs Hell Missionaries fight lasted longer than the Chojin-Shitei Combo vs Hell Missionaries fight), Fought MotorMan and BikeMan without taking a break, and is the only chojin (I know of so far) who is somewhat immune to Prisman's Rainbow Shower. I know that in a previous thread I claimed that Ramenman is the 2nd strongest character in the Kinnikuman franchise, but all of you disagreed with me (even though I did tons of research, but all of you denied it anyway because you do not want to admit your favorite character is weaker than Ramenman), so I just began not to even care anymore. I also felt kind of insulted that you think a wrestler can beat up a Chinese Martial Artist (Kinnikuman is the only exception because he has Burning Inner Strength and Friendship Power). So anyway, back to my topic...

Why has Warsman become so popular and why has Ramenman's popularity gone downhill? Even The Ninja, THE NINJA, is more popular than Ramenman!!! The Ninja has died more times than Wolfman. Speaking of Wolfman, why hasn't he showed up in the new/revived series, yet!?! Pentagon showed up and helped Black Hole against that fight with Jack Tea.

I'm grateful that Ramenman was able to make it into the Top 10, but I'm just so infuriated that he was ranked so low.

And even in Kinnikuman Nisei, never once he was in the Top 10.

umm... Kinnikuman beat him  in the wedding arc and I pretty sure  he did not use KKD then so...

Plus Kamehame's 100 Killer Techniques trumps all other moves.

"Gai's Kinniku Clan  Favourite Phrase"

"Technique transcends the soul, Begins in the Hands, Ends on the Mat"

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

It has begun...

#13 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

umm... Kinnikuman beat him  in the wedding arc and I pretty sure  he did not use KKD then so...

Plus Kamehame's 100 Killer Techniques trumps all other moves.

Amen and Amen.

Posted Image

#14 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Shoving claws in people's faces makes you more popular than knowing a million forbidden perfect techniques. Look at Wolverine's popularity over Iron Fist. 

Popularity question gets popularity answer.

Claws.

In. 

Faces.

B'dam.

#15 TheBlazngYudekki01

TheBlazngYudekki01

#1 Greatest Ramenman fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

lol me too.

Warsman is an everyman.  He has flaws and gets his ass kicked now and then.  Your average Japanese dude can relate to that.  Ramenman while a total killer character, is too mystical and legendary to for many fans to relate to.  He is a fantasy.  On a personal level however, the fallible Russian cyborg is someone your beat down (with the cruel realities of everyday life) guy can identify with.

YES YES YES!! Finally!! This is the answer I've been looking for. Thank you, Nama Niku!

Posted Image

#16 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

YES YES YES!! Finally!! This is the answer I've been looking for. Thank you, Nama Niku!

O_____o

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warsman, Ramenman, Kinnikuman, popularity

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com