11 replies to this topic

#1 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

So, I'll be first to admit, I hated the everloving shit out of these, when they first came out. I got the packs that had Deathstroke/Slade, and pretty much ignored the line... But, looking back, I really enjoyed that cartoon, and the minis weren't that bad.
In fact, it's been on my hunting list to find all some of these.
Anybody else fans of the line/toon?
Or am I really that alone in this? haha

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Na! I used to love the show, and one my favorites was the feature length one where they went to Japan. I tried to watch it as much as I could.

Like you I completely ignored the minis back then, but they are pretty darn awesome miniatures when you look back. There was actually a pretty fun recent short made for the DC Nation block.

Posted Image

#3 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Liked the cartoon, and am kicking my self for not getting the minis when they were out. But then again I really wasn't a collector back then.

#4 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Yeah... I still have a couple of these... But hunting them down is actually a little difficult, if you ignore the dollar-hounds of eBay, charging $5 per single figure. Eff that.

#5 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

Those guys are bogus. They have been doing that for years with alot of the painted mini lines from the past decade. There are actually quite a few sellers who constantly repost the auctions over and over even though they almost never sell them. Digimon are notorious for this, and I swear the same figs have been up for sale for a few years.

It's not fair really, cause they over claim the value, and it causes rediculous inflation from newb collectors on even the most common figures.

Posted Image

#6 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

I won't pay $5 for one fairly common figure. That is pinheaded.

#7 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Those guys are bogus. They have been doing that for years with alot of the painted mini lines from the past decade. There are actually quite a few sellers who constantly repost the auctions over and over even though they almost never sell them. Digimon are notorious for this, and I swear the same figs have been up for sale for a few years.

It's not fair really, cause they over claim the value, and it causes rediculous inflation from newb collectors on even the most common figures.

Yup, and digimon is another line I regret not scooping up earlier. I've seen those ridiculously priced mini's and just can't justify the 5.00 price tag. Well with the weather warming up, maybe I can sang some at the fleamarkets.

#8 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

Yeah, that is probably the only way to get any decent deals on these things.

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

The good thing about minis, is that usually when you find one, there are usually more with em. It's just hard to find 1 at all. :lol:

Posted Image

#10 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

I read Deathstroke back in the 90's and used to read Teen Titans... As far as DC figures go, I mostly only collect the DC Universe line and DC Direct...

The minis are kinda cool though.
Posted Image

#11 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

I got a small stack of Deathstroke in my closet I need to pull out and read again. I think I got some Warlord in there as well.

But yeah, considering the goofiness of the show, Slade was a pretty great contrast to the heroes in that show. Pretty much every DC animation has been top notch over the last 20 years or so.

Posted Image

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

Yeah, Bruce Timm has a pretty good handle on all of that.

And, after seeing the 'toons that have been coming out recently, I have a whole new appreciation for the TT series, haha

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com