• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:51 AM

Hi all, have any of you often wondered who would win in a fight to the death between mimps?

If you had to pick a figure from any series to do battle with another from that same series which ones would it be and why?

For me personally, I think Windigo and Bigfoot would both be evenly matched. However due to his cannibalistic nature, I reckon Windigo will most likely come out on top! :devil:

Would love to know which ones you guys think are best matched to battle it out.

P.S. This is what Warlock and Dragon would look like (no contest!) lol.....  :mage:

"Ant"

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:26 AM

Just follow the point values. They are perfectly balanced and thought out...

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:28 AM

I'm kidding. All the other MIMP fight while Behemoth sits around and eats everything. Then he falls in love with former rival Leviathan and they raise a family of dystopian nightmare creatures in the alchohol-filled, breeding grounds of Florida. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#4 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:25 AM

Just follow the point values. They are perfectly balanced and thought out...

Hahaha! lol  :)

Yeah I often wondered why some of the more scarier looking monsters had a lower point value. I can totally understand the likes of Great Beast and Hydra being evenly matched in point value, as well as Dragon and Jabborwock due to their fierceness and sheer strength. However if Leviathan and Abominable Snowman went head to head I think we all know who'd win.........  -_-

Like Samurai CC stated in a previous post of mine, after the super scaries release in shops, point values just got silly and everybody seemed to lose interest in the toy line. Although to be fair I never took any real notice of the point values on the back nor did I have any proper mimp battles with my pals from school. I think I remember swapping one in the playground once with another lad from my year group. I also never had a set of battle cards from series 1 either, yet strangely I acquired a series 2 set while on holiday when I was very young.

What were the fondest mimp memories you guys had as kids back in the good old days? Mine would have to be the first time I brought home the Monster Clash game after buying it in the sale from Woolworths!  ^_^

#5 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 04:29 PM

Hey guys, how's it going?

I remember getting the Monster Clash game too when I was a kid, picked it up 2nd hand somewhere. That was pretty cool, I still have it now but the box is a bit beaten up & the yellow balls have disappeared.

I always thought that the original series 25 point monsters were unbeatable, like great beast & that was the pinnacle of MIMP imo, so when they kept bringing out serirs after series with silly high point values I was like come on now someone's having us on im not playing this game anymore lol.

Also when the series 1 neons got released that was pretty wicked, I must have only been about 7 or 8 I guess then in 1992 wasnt it? Who would thought id be back collecting them in my 30's!
They say it's a sign your getting older when the toys you had as a kid become vintage & were getting there now!

#6 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:08 AM

Haha! Too right CC, we're all feeling our age now looking back at stuff like this. lol  ;)

In 1992 I was only 4 so I'd just be starting my journey through primary school that year. Not quite sure when I was fully aware mimp though. Because I was so young when they were first released in 1990, I got most of mine via promotions several years later rather than the toy shops at the time.

#7 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:32 AM

So you just made it into the 80's babies crew by a couple years so I'll let you off lol.

Yeah I think I was too young for the 1990 release too as I remember picking up the series 1's 2nd hand a couple years later.

The cereal promotions were cool, not sure if your in UK but I remember we got series 2 in cereal boxes here guessing 1993.

I stopped collecting when super scaries came out but you being 3 or 4 years younger you were probably collecting those, maybe that's why they mean more to you now?

Nothing like a bit of nostalgia!

#8 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 02:17 AM

Yeah I'm in the UK like you CC. Think I first got into the Super Scaries when the Weeto's promo came out, so woulda been at least 4 or 5 back then. I was obsessed with getting my hands on Jenny Greenteeth. But because I wasn't lucky enough to find her in the cereal packet, my parents had to drive me into town late one evening especially to get a 12-pack display box with her in it! lol  :p

Aye the cereal promos were the best for sure. First in 1992 there was Honey Nut Loops with series 1 figures, then the one mentioned above that same year. A year later came series 2 alongside other series 1's inside Frosties, and then the series 6 Dinosaurs send-away offer that was both Coco Pops and Honey Loops. Oh and let's not forget the Wrestlers with Frosties in 1995 too!  ;)

There was literally no other food that these toys came with, everything seemed to be exclusive to breakfast meals in this country. At least in the U.S. they had a wider range of food promos such as these featured here: 

http://www.raumhafen....M.P. Promotion

http://www.raumhafen....M.P. Promotion

http://www.raumhafen...tel=M.I.M.P. Ad

Although I do get the impression that mimp was way more popular in this country than theirs, dunno about the rest of Europe. The only ones that didn't come free with any food product were the Super Creepies and the Space Aliens mostly because they weren't as popular as their predecessors. 

#9 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:14 AM

You & your Jenny Greenteeth obsession, bet your parents were like 'it's ok he'll grow out of it'.
25 years later still obsessed ;-)

Cool pics there of the old school cereal, they were certainly Grrrreat!

I've got a couple questions for you hard core MIMP collectors like you & Behemoth that started re-collecting quite some years back.
Was it much easier to find the rare ones then as people didn't really know what was rare & what wasn't as the re-collectimg market was maybe only just starting?

Also where are you guys now with your collections, are you still searching out for certain MIMP related things that you don't have?

Edited by SamuraiCC, 13 March 2020 - 04:45 AM.

#10 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:25 PM

Oh aye, I proper fancied her. She was a pure babe to me. As you can tell I was a very strange child!! lol  :rolleyes:

And if you're interested in seeing the TV ads for these, here's a post on here I had a good while ago: http://www.littlerub...opic=268735&hl=

BTW I wouldn't quite call myself hardcore regarding my collecting, mainly due to lack of shelf space in my room. There are plenty of others who've completed full sets of figures with just about every series where as I just gather odds n sods here n there. I'd still like to finish my set of series 3 premiums. Two more mint sealed Shreddies to go and maybe even a sealed Blemmyea with the Nintendo game depending on price. I don't tend to go for loose figures like I did when first starting out. I also find that a lot of the rarer stuff that was available back then isn't as easy to get hold of now. Come to think of it, I've never seen any of these items on eBay before either:

http://www.raumhafen...latable Monster

http://www.raumhafen.... Series 1 Pogs

http://www.raumhafen...=M.I.M.P. Kites

http://www.raumhafen...P. Monster Rock

What about you CC, how far into your MIMP quest are you?  :)

#11 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:26 PM

Ha Ha mate!

Thanks, cool promo from back in the day. It's strange but I don't remember series 1 premiums back then I only remember series 2 in cereal, not sure why as I was collecting MIMP then but it's kinda cool as since re-collecting I've found out about ones like these that I never knew about.

Sounds pretty cool collection you have & I do think the series 3 are wicked too but i
havnt ventured into purchasing any yet. All the ones I see pop up on eBay uk are £50+ each but they are probably worth it im just not as clued up on them.
I'm guessing you've got a full set of Super Scarys though? Obviously Jenny Greenteeth in every colour? ;-)

My collection is coming along quite well, I had quite a bit as a kid so I had something to build on.
Ive been mostly collecting neon series 1 & 2 & the premiums/gitd variants if I can get them. I've scored a few good ones but a lot of the more rare ones are usually put up as high buy it nows!

I have a full set of wrestlers & a set of 24 super Scarys but they were just for a bit of fun really, I gathered them all up quite easily.

I'm actually in the process of constructing a display cabinet for my mimps & mini boglins.

I have not seen any of those weird & wacky merchandise either.

Edited by SamuraiCC, 13 March 2020 - 02:29 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com