• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

I got it on eBay. I personally wouldn't recommend it for Beastfomers , they didn't breathe right in there but here's the link.I don't use mine anymore for the beastformers.

http://http://www.eb...=item27f5b6913b

Edited by 108KickBack, 23 February 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#27 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

Nice updates - what do you mean the beastformers didn't breathe right in the case? I wouldn't mind some steps.

#28 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:28 PM

I'm not sure if it was the reaction of the two plastics(the steps and the Laser Beasts feet) together or if the the Plastic couldn't breathe properly but after i took them out 90% of them had sticky feet!Which concerned me a lot since this is the one toy line i treasure very highly and have put alot of money into.

And by breathing i mean lot of toys need air once it a while or they can become brittle, sticky,hard Ect. It all depends on the toy and material used in the toy.There is only two holes on each side the size of a pin hole which ain't enough in my opinion and experience with it.

#29 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

I'm not sure if it was the reaction of the two plastics(the steps and the Laser Beasts feet) together or if the the Plastic couldn't breathe properly but after i took them out 90% of them had sticky feet!Which concerned me a lot since this is the one toy line i treasure very highly and have put alot of money into.

And by breathing i mean lot of toys need air once it a while or they can become brittle, sticky,hard Ect. It all depends on the toy and material used in the toy.There is only two holes on each side the size of a pin hole which ain't enough in my opinion and experience with it.

yeah, the last few boxed LBs I got in from Japan all had that slightly sticky feel to them, and a bit of a musty odor so my assumption was that they had been stored in a sealed container somewhere, probably in a basement. I was pretty put off at first, especially since one was sealed so I was expecting absolute mint, but I noticed that after having them out and displaying them for about a week the stickiness and smell went away. I wish I knew more about the chemistry behind this.

Too bad cause that's a pretty cool little tiered display box; maybe use a drill and add some more breathing holes to the back or something?

Edited by bachamn, 24 February 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#30 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

yeah, the last few boxed LBs I got in from Japan all had that slightly sticky feel to them, and a bit of a musty odor so my assumption was that they had been stored in a sealed container somewhere, probably in a basement. I was pretty put off at first, especially since one was sealed so I was expecting absolute mint, but I noticed that after having them out and displaying them for about a week the stickiness and smell went away. I wish I knew more about the chemistry behind this.

Too bad cause that's a pretty cool little tiered display box; maybe use a drill and add some more breathing holes to the back or something?

Ive seen that a lot with Vintage Star Wars figures coming out of storage having sticky limbs and even being wet?

Its always good to let figgies breath

bbb3.jpg

#31 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

the worst case I'd seen so far was on my Metlar Inhumanoids figure I sold last year. The head is made of more rubbery material than the plastic body and was absolutely covered in stickiness; wouldn't go away no matter how much I cleaned it. The weird thing about that is he was stored in the same type of containers and in the same location as my other toys and very few others had this issue. 

you're right though I for sure used to see this on SW figs back when I was collecting those in my youth.

Edited by bachamn, 24 February 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#32 Edmasta

Edmasta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

Star Wars figures can even get like a white almost crystaly substance on them it's very odd.

bbb3.jpg

#33 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

Ah right, yeah some of my transformer pvc decoys had sticky feet - it was only the ones I had displayed on a an acrylic riser, the rest on a wooden shelf were fine. 

Its only a matter of time for the plastic on my mosc items simply falls off. Same with all of the mosc battle beast pairs I guess.

#34 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:43 PM

Big update.I almost got what i want/need for Laser Beasts, i just need a few more things.That being said im in need of a lot of nm/m Battle Beast series 1 & 2.You can see exactly which ones i need in my want list.Looking to buy a bunch not a couple so i save on shipping.

My Loose LB Shelf

Attached File  DSCF4055.JPG   79.69K   31 downloads

My MIB Shelf With some other goodies.This is the shelf im most honored to have epecially 105-110 MiB.!In the words of Waynes World:

F2OHX1QH1LWPJLY.LARGE.gif

Attached File  DSCF4057.JPG   120.76K   39 downloads

I also got this coming that im absolutely stoked about being practically dead mint and being the two out of the four Laser Beasts i had as a kid.

$_57.JPG

Edited by 108KickBack, 23 March 2015 - 11:45 PM.

#35 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:51 PM

Another Grass Hopper for my Locust Tribe.

Untitled.png

#36 Edmasta

Edmasta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

Another Grass Hopper for my Locust Tribe.

Untitled.png

Dreamy picture mate!

bbb3.jpg

#37 boardnasty

boardnasty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:39 PM

you said they get sticky feet from being inside the case. to prevent this from happening try putting inside a small amount of water. here in hong kong they usually put a shooter glass inside cases with water inside to keep the air fresh 

#38 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:13 AM

you said they get sticky feet from being inside the case. to prevent this from happening try putting inside a small amount of water. here in hong kong they usually put a shooter glass inside cases with water inside to keep the air fresh 

They aren't anymore since i don't put them in there.

#39 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

A new addition to my Collection commissioned by Piekko. B)

I'm starting to like custom pieces more and more :).

Attached File  Kickback.jpg   194.48K   16 downloads

Edited by 108KickBack, 05 July 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#40 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

7lZwLKc.jpg

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#41 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:39 PM

Havent updated in forever.im geting closer and closer to 3 of each mid and high.

Heres a preview, will post when complete.

:
Attached File  20200313_145548.jpg   97.23K   17 downloads

#42 Edmasta

Edmasta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:42 AM

Havent updated in forever.im geting closer and closer to 3 of each mid and high.
Heres a preview, will post when complete.
:
attachicon.gif20200313_145548.jpg

If you fancy selling me a skull Grotess it’d be lit ;)

bbb3.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Laser Beast

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com