8 replies to this topic

#1 Macod0shus

Macod0shus

Macod0shus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

I figured since I've been doing pixel art for all these other properties, the least I could do is try a few battle beast figures too. I gave Pirate Lion a shot today!

You can find more of my pixel work at: www.facebook.com/pixelfig

Attached Files

• Attached File  Lion.png   381.04K   0 downloads

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

I hope you get around to some of my favourites! I wouldn't mind seeing how they turn out.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:26 AM

Cool. And as Draznar Said wouldnt mind seeing how some favourites look. Do you use photoshop?

#4 Macod0shus

Macod0shus

Macod0shus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

Since I've just started on these guys, go ahead and just post your favorite beasts and I'll just create those next!

I actually use mostly MS Paint believe it or not. I do use photoshop and illustrator to do smaller effects, but for the most part I'm just using good ol MS Paint. 

Thanks for checking them out!

#5 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:09 AM

Great work!  I am curious if you have any intention of making actual figs.

I know there are these beads that you can melt together to make something similar in physical form.  If you give it a little stand, you will have a real-life pixelfig.

Another idea -- though not a figure -- would be making Lego mosaics. 

I did a quick search.  They are called Hama beads or Perler beads, and you melt them together with an iron. 

They are super cheap online. 

Edited by steverotters, 29 January 2016 - 06:08 AM.

#6 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:25 AM

Great work!  I am curious if you have any intention of making actual figs.

I know there are these beads that you can melt together to make something similar in physical form.  If you give it a little stand, you will have a real-life pixelfig.

Another idea -- though not a figure -- would be making Lego mosaics. 

I did a quick search.  They are called Hama beads or Perler beads, and you melt them together with an iron. 

They are super cheap online. 

Let me know if you don't want these photos on your art thread and I will take them down. 

I never even thought about this. My wife is a perler bead champion. I just need to go get her an iron!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#7 Macod0shus

Macod0shus

Macod0shus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

steverotters, thanks for the kind words! I have seen the transfer from pixel art into those bead art pieces and you're right those can look pretty awesome! For the time being though, I'm just content doodling these in digital form. I have started turning some of these figures into stickers that I'm selling on etsy, but maybe I'll venture into the "3D" world at a later time. 

Just finished up "Ferocius Tiger"

Attached Files

#8 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:09 AM

You should make one of these your avatar!

#9 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:33 AM

Oh yeah! The tiger is awesome.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com