• Please log in to reply
952 replies to this topic

#26 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

That's all crazy talk. You're crazy. Stop being crazy. ;)

I'm just happy that by the end of the summer or so there will be SIX Iron Man figures in this line. :)

(seriously that's not sarcastic, i have an entire shelf that's nothing but Iron Man figures)

did you get that cool triple pack of iron man 6" figures from toys r us yet? it takes all my will power to resist their allure when i'm at the store.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#27 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

... X-Men Orgins Weapon X (hopefully we'll get Alpha Flight in this scale eventually)...

Guardian's in wave 5. :rolleyes:

#28 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

That's all crazy talk. You're crazy. Stop being crazy. :p

I'm just happy that by the end of the summer or so there will be SIX Iron Man figures in this line. :rolleyes:

(seriously that's not sarcastic, i have an entire shelf that's nothing but Iron Man figures)

did you get that cool triple pack of iron man 6" figures from toys r us yet? it takes all my will power to resist their allure when i'm at the store.

I would have if i hadn't already bought them all in single pack form. :) I'm in no way an MIB collector, but it is still a tempting set.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#29 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

Bunch of Q&A with Hasbro has been going on. They keep dropping little bombs or hints on us for upcoming waves and sets, but other than that they are being real hush hush till SDCC.

http://www.actionfig..._articleid=3200

http://www.thefwoosh...sbro-marvel-729

http://www.actionfig...-qa-roundup-729

http://kastorskorner...=...2&Itemid=62

http://www.cooltoyre...wers_122891.asp

http://www.actionfig...om/main/?p=3771

Props go to Beast over at the sirstevesguide forums for collecting the links together....I'm too lazy to do such a thing myself. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#30 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:35 AM

... X-Men Orgins Weapon X (hopefully we'll get Alpha Flight in this scale eventually)...

Guardian's in wave 5. :rolleyes:

Which one, Guardian I or II?

On a related note picked up The Thing and because I'm hopeless a green Hulk. Now I know I'm hooked because I didn't even want a green Hulk. At least he looks cool getting punched by the Thing.

#31 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:31 AM

On a related note picked up The Thing and because I'm hopeless a green Hulk. Now I know I'm hooked because I didn't even want a green Hulk. At least he looks cool getting punched by the Thing.

Photo! Photo! Please?

#32 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:45 AM

Yeah, but that's what sucks. marvel doesn't own alot of great characters like the Micronauts and Shogun Warriors....But they do own the Celestials. :rolleyes:

I always wanted to turn gundam wing models into custom shogun warriors but never found the time. A Marvel Universe (MU) large line is coming this summer they are releasing some 12 inch figures along with 3 3/4 figures with a comic as wal mart exclusives. Galactus, The watcher, Giant Man would all be cool to see but I have no idea what is coming.

Best,
Chris

Edited by Battlechaser7, 03 July 2009 - 06:46 AM.

キン肉マン

I buy toys, So I can sell toys, So I can buy more toys...

My Need toys link--Please check out for trades, updated as trades occur
need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#33 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:47 AM

I'll do you one better. I took this pic about a month ago, and never posted it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  004.jpg   122.53K   25 downloads

Posted Image

#34 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:52 AM

Yeah, but that's what sucks. marvel doesn't own alot of great characters like the Micronauts and Shogun Warriors....But they do own the Celestials. :rolleyes:

I always wanted to turn gundam wing models into custom shogun warriors but never found the time. A Marvel Universe (MU) large line is coming this summer they are releasing some 12 inch figures along with 3 3/4 figures with a comic as wal mart exclusives. Galactus, The watcher, Giant Man would all be cool to see but I have no idea what is coming.

Best,
Chris

Actually the only Giant Battle packs planned for this year officially are the Giant Man/Iron Man (dikto mask) pack, and the Giant Skrull/Captain America (bucky) pack. There will also be a Giant Man variant. They say there will be plenty more coming in 2010 though, so I'm hoping Galactus will hit sometime next year. His pack was highly rumored for this year, but recently he was taken off the list...I think cause they want to save him for later. I surely want to see a Sentinel pack, as I'm sure I'd buy a couple of those.

Posted Image

#35 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:53 AM

That's all crazy talk. You're crazy. Stop being crazy. :p

I'm just happy that by the end of the summer or so there will be SIX Iron Man figures in this line. :rolleyes:

I would have if i hadn't already bought them all in single pack form. :) I'm in no way an MIB collector, but it is still a tempting set.

Scum,
I used to love opening toys but often cannot bring myself to do it anymore, If it comes opened like old school toys that's one thing but with some lines how can you not love MOC!!

Attached File  MOC_figures_005.jpg   743.74K   22 downloads

Best,
Chris

Edited by Battlechaser7, 03 July 2009 - 07:16 AM.

キン肉マン

need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#36 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:56 AM

I'll do you one better. I took this pic about a month ago, and never posted it.

URS all you need to do now is ad lib some Twisted Marvel Universe Theater toy fare style and I will subscribe.

Best,
Chris
キン肉マン

need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#37 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:10 AM

URS-nice pic but the wrong hero is winning. More Thing please. :rolleyes:

I'd post a photo of the fight the right way but my camera is somewhere in california enjoying the 4th without me.

#38 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:31 AM

URS-nice pic but the wrong hero is winning. More Thing please. :rolleyes:

I'd post a photo of the fight the right way but my camera is somewhere in california enjoying the 4th without me.

Haha! What you don't know is the thing is about to grab Hulk by his underwear on the backswing for a nice surprise on his journey forward. :)

Posted Image

#39 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

Which one, Guardian I or II?

Scummy has a better pic below.

Scum,
I used to love opening toys but often cannot bring myself to do it anymore, If it comes opened like old school toys that's one thing but with some lines how can you not love MOC!!

I dunno, I think it depends on what you want out of the toyline. Snazzy packaging or figures not quite interesting enough to open would have an effect on the decision as well. Marvel Universe is definitely one of those lines where it's very easy to want to open or leave sealed.

So you're collecting variants on top of the numbered series too, or are some of those extras?

Edited by Boaconda, 03 July 2009 - 10:35 AM.

#40 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

It's this one:
Attached File  Gaurdian__scaled_600.jpg   231.35K   7 downloads

URS, that's a fantastic pic. :) Pretty dynamic action going on there, considering how inherently unposeable i've heard those two are.

And Battlechaser, i don't know, MOC collecting has just never interested me. Well that's a lie, i did have a TON of MOC Star Wars figures years back. Like, hundreds. It was the most boring collection i've ever owned. I sold it, and from then on opened just about everything. Although i do have a few things left on the card for aesthetic reasons (like my 90's ToyBiz Fantastic Four collection), but it's pretty rare.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#41 Bloodthrone

Bloodthrone

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

I just found RED HULK dont know if hes a rare fig.Anyways I usually pose my marvel U toy with my gijoes and wwe build and braw.

#42 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:14 AM

I'm less whiney about the price since going to Shop-Ko last night. It was awesome because they had both Iron Fist and Green Goblin (though I can wait on IF) but they where priced at 12 or 13 $$$ I thought they were on the wrong pegs but X-Men Orgins figures where priced the same. A dollar change between stores I can handle but you want to charge a third more than the next most expensive guy.

#43 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

I just found RED HULK dont know if hes a rare fig.Anyways I usually pose my marvel U toy with my gijoes and wwe build and braw.

There are no "rare" figures in this line yet, just ones with high scalper speculation. Red Hulk is "hard to find" right now, but he's also being rereleased in the very next wave. :p
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#44 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

I'm less whiney about the price since going to Shop-Ko last night. It was awesome because they had both Iron Fist and Green Goblin (though I can wait on IF) but they where priced at 12 or 13 $$$ I thought they were on the wrong pegs but X-Men Orgins figures where priced the same. A dollar change between stores I can handle but you want to charge a third more than the next most expensive guy.

I don't know precisely what kind of store Shopko is, but I do know that any store that isn't a major big-box retail chain or doesn't normally carry toys is inevitably higher-priced than the ones that do. Supermarkets, for example, often have tiny spaces devoted to toys among their seasonal items, especially around Christmas. It's supposed to be about the convenience of buying something to shut up the tots while food shopping, not competing with Walmart or Toys"R"Us in price. It's also due to the much smaller volume they order.

#45 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

A Shop-Ko is similar to a K-Mart or Target only I guess more expensive. I never, ever shop there and now I know why.

Edit: I fully expect grocery stores or pharmacys to be overpriced. I looked it up on wikepedia and i guess Shop-Ko are quite a bit smaller only 135 stores across the nation. It's just weird because at least 4 of them are within driving distance of my house, and we have a distrubution center(which I suppose accounts for the high concentration of stores.)

Edited by mrjayberry, 04 July 2009 - 11:17 AM.

#46 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

there's also several shopkos near me. it must be a western region thing. shopkos have been good for two things. plasmaverse (up until around 6 months ago when they decided to drop mega bloks almost entirely) and old videogames for dirt cheap. i've bought games that are selling for "greatest hits" prices at shopko for around $5 less than anywhere else. and they tend to have the games other stores don't. as far as anything else worth buying there, i'd say it's near the bottom of the list.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#47 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

I am all of a sudden having a really hard time finding the first red & gold Iron Man figure. It used to be everywhere, and i can still find the stealth armor version most places (which i got). But the red/gold one has disappeared. :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#48 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

I am all of a sudden having a really hard time finding the first red & gold Iron Man figure. It used to be everywhere, and i can still find the stealth armor version most places (which i got). But the red/gold one has disappeared. :)

There are two red and gold scum one with a circular chest piece and one with a triangular chest piece

Best,
Chris
キン肉マン

need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#49 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

There are two red and gold scum one with a circular chest piece and one with a triangular chest piece

Best,
Chris

In the Extremis armor? The wave 1 figure that got repainted into the stealth version? Because i do have the red/gold Iron Man in his more classic armor that came out in wave 3.

Either having minor variants isn't necessary for me, i just really wanna pick up the standard colored extremis armor version.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#50 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

Best,
Chris

In the Extremis armor? The wave 1 figure that got repainted into the stealth version? Because i do have the red/gold Iron Man in his more classic armor that came out in wave 3.

Either having minor variants isn't necessary for me, i just really wanna pick up the standard colored extremis armor version.

I'll keep an eye out for you. What number is it, so I don't confuse him with the more classic look you already have?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com