1034 replies to this topic

#76 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'm pretty sure the animal emblem isn't engraved in the plunger for two reasons.
First it wouldn't make sense looking at the 'money-saving' solutions of Takara so far and secondly the transparent part that's seen with the Hamster promo figure is just the clear (unstickered dice).

These plungers are just mass produced and it would cost them a lot of extra effort/money to personalize them printing/adding the individual figure emblem to it, and knowing it'll be on the dice anyway there's no need to do that.

They all have different arms and heads and bodies and weapons - why couldn't they have different plungers?

#77 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

We're talking about Takara Tomy here. The third or fourth biggest toy company in the world. We're talking about a company that can produce thousands figures just for promotion, that can print hundreds of thousand 50 pages magazines to give them to kids for free. So if Takara could not produced specific plunger for each figure then nobody could.

We're also talking about the company that seems to have chosen for Hard Plastic and thus a money saving option!
I agree one those dices and those stickers might just have been there for the promo figures but when it comes to the material I doubt if they'll release the others in another material. So as I mentioned before Takara Tomy clearly hasn't decided to go for a long haul with these as there lifespan at least for kids might be pretty short. We've seen much in played with condition BB/LB passing by on Ebay over the years and some are in horrible condition but I'm sure with this hard plastic material they're not even getting halfway the lifespan of our beloved vintage BB. Also the biggest toy company in the world does have a marketing plan trying to make as much profit with a low investment, especially these days.

They all have different arms and heads and bodies and weapons - why couldn't they have different plungers?

Of course these figs are different and having their own identity, these are no minimates dressed up like BB that's for sure.
But than again why would they spend money on making the plungers specific to the figure while all figures have the same plunger base in which a standard plunger will fit. I see a big pile of painted BS figs in front of me that only need on touch to be completed to leave the factory and that's the standard plunger that'll be placed within the figure.

But that's just my view/idea from a marketing investment perspective and I hope I'm wrong about it but we will only know when they are released :)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#78 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

So all this theory is due to the fact you think the figures will be hard plastic which is just a guess.

Takara puts a lot of money and effort in promoting this line during the past 6 months (magazines, figures, events in toy shops, etc). Takara wants the Beast Saga to be a long run. Latest news from Japan talk about 200 different sculpts scheduled for the line, a video game, an anime, etc. Of course we won't see anything if sales are not good but we can be sure that Takara is currently doing its best to make BS a success. Why would they promote the line this way if they already know that it will last only a couple of months ?

Edited by lord, 15 August 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#79 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

My theory is indeed based on the assumption of the Hard Plastic, which MIGHT be a weak point in the long term pointing at the durability.

But so far everything we say or think is based on assumptions or a feeling/intuition as long as we don't have these figs in hand.
The pics and info so far is just not consistent and unambiguous enough to make final conclusions.....

I just don't see the value for either Takara, kids or us as collectors to make these plungers with the ID of the fig in it.
But I might be wrong, we will know in a few weeks from now I guess :)

For the rest I totally agree on all the effort Takara is putting into this line and that we are talking and discussing about it like this is thanks to their succesfull promotion! I just hope they've chosen the right material to make the lifespan of the figs long enough as well so this wont become an issue within their long run thoughts.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#80 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

I just don't see the value for either Takara, kids or us as collectors to make these plungers with the ID of the fig in it.

I'm not sure what you're not seeing in the pictures that would make you believe otherwise, but the value is that each figure can be displayed without the launcher hanging out of the back (I'm calling it a launcher from now on) and the figure still looks cool and maintains its identity if someone loses the die (or chooses not to keep it there).

It seems like a pretty big design oversight not to individualize the launcher (because it seems like they'll look like crap with a blank, flat center) and it wouldn't be difficult or expensive to do (not when you're talking about custom sculpts and paint jobs for each figure - this would be a simple stamp or stamp/emboss).

#81 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

This is what I concluded from various evidence provided.

- I think the BS figures will be part hard-plastic (dice/stomach region), part soft-plastic (legs/arm region, hoping atleast).
- I think the BS dice symbols will be printed on (NOT sticker-ed).
- I think the BS dices will each be a colored translucent plastic piece that will allow illumination of that said color when its loaded into a figure and placed next to a light source.
- I think the BS dice plunger when pushed in the figure will NOT have an Animal symbol showing at the front of the figures stomach, instead will just be a clear black cube appearance.
- I think the only way to display a BS figure with its Animal symbol in its stomach is to have the dice loaded into it, with the plunger protruding out of the back of the figure, making them difficult to display behind each other.
- I think collector's have to accept that if they want to display there BS figures close to each other, they will have to push in the dice plunger into the figure and just place the dice around there feet. Which shouldn't be a big deal since Battle Beasts and Laser Beasts figures aren't displayed with there rubsigns visibly activated or the Laser Orb showing its symbol anyways.
- I think complaints that these figures won't display well because of there plunger is premature and probably not the case and they will display just fine.

You have to pickup your BB and rub it to see its symbol, you have to pickup your LB and place it in a light source to see it's symbol, so why would it matter, you have to pickup your BS and load a dice into it if you want to see it's symbol on it, granted the BS figures is more work but regardless all these instances amount to your figures being taken out of its display anyways.

- The only thing that I don't have a read-on to these BS figures, is whether or not the dice shooting mechanic can be removed from the figure completely, partially or not at all. That remains to be seen.

Edited by FANtomCore, 15 August 2012 - 03:40 PM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#82 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

have you seen the new update on takara.co.jp

we could see the unpainted hamster and an unpaited pirahna !!

Attached Files

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#83 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Those are the 2 promo figures offered this month in Japan. Some have already been sold at yahoo auction.

#84 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

1. I can't wait for these.

2. I wish Beast Saga had the official BB name. I hate the minimates deals with a passion.

#85 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

I hate rapists, murderers and child molesters. Glad we all have a sense of perspective :rolleyes:
-Barry

#86 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

I hate rapists, murderers and child molesters. Glad we all have a sense of perspective :rolleyes:
-Barry

Why do you hate them ?

#87 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

The funny part of this is the fact that even with their original name Beast Saga wouldn't have been called Battle Beasts but Beastformer. I think that Takara changed the name because they don't want to add a link with the Transformers line.

#88 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Why do you hate them ?

First off wow that a question like that needs to be asked but again going back to perspective it does shine some light about how such venom has been spewed on this forum about the inanimate pieces of plastic that are Battle Beasts Minimates. We really do live in a desensitized culture don't we when people think hating these pieces of plastic is a worthy cause and many raises their glasses in agreement but as a counterpoint, someone else says they hate rape and it raises questions :huh:

But digressing back to the question about a few of the things I *legitimately* hate, the perpetrators of these actions do unconscionable things to human beings which result in the tragedies of either a life ended or a life in shambles because of the psychological repercussions of their actions. I think it's a fairly basic human emotion to hate these actions, especially if you've ever known anyone that was the unfortunate victim of any of them.

I mean, come on. I love toys as much as the next guy. Certainly a passion in my life as two rooms of my house are showcases in progress, but I don't believe that just because toys are for the most part aimed and marketed towards children that we need to act like children when discussing them in a public forum. Hate is a strong word and I think people throw it around way too freely these days, either because of immaturity, because they don't understand what it really means due to the desensitization of today's world or because maybe they've lived such a privileged life that they've never had such a hardship befall them that they've truly had something to actually hate so they use the word to refer to toys, or a long commute, or the way they feel about brussel sprouts. These are not things to hate. These are things that are mild irritations in our day to day lives. Not everything a person disagrees with is worthy of hatred. Perspective.
-Barry

#89 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

First off wow that a question like that needs to be asked but again going back to perspective it does shine some light about how such venom has been spewed on this forum about the inanimate pieces of plastic that are Battle Beasts Minimates. We really do live in a desensitized culture don't we when people think hating these pieces of plastic is a worthy cause and many raises their glasses in agreement but as a counterpoint, someone else says they hate rape and it raises questions :huh:

But digressing back to the question about a few of the things I *legitimately* hate, the perpetrators of these actions do unconscionable things to human beings which result in the tragedies of either a life ended or a life in shambles because of the psychological repercussions of their actions. I think it's a fairly basic human emotion to hate these actions, especially if you've ever known anyone that was the unfortunate victim of any of them.

I mean, come on. I love toys as much as the next guy. Certainly a passion in my life as two rooms of my house are showcases in progress, but I don't believe that just because toys are for the most part aimed and marketed towards children that we need to act like children when discussing them in a public forum. Hate is a strong word and I think people throw it around way too freely these days, either because of immaturity, because they don't understand what it really means due to the desensitization of today's world or because maybe they've lived such a privileged life that they've never had such a hardship befall them that they've truly had something to actually hate so they use the word to refer to toys, or a long commute, or the way they feel about brussel sprouts. These are not things to hate. These are things that are mild irritations in our day to day lives. Not everything a person disagrees with is worthy of hatred. Perspective.
-Barry

Hold her down.

#90 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

-Barry

It might be worth mentioning that because we are discussing things on a forum dedicated to toys, the word 'hate' probably doesn't carry the same weight when used to describe one's feelings about a toy as it does in the real world where there are truly terrible things happening. Just as you said you 'love' toys, I doubt that love is the same as you feel towards other people in your life.
I'm not at all trying to get in on a debate that doesn't need to happen in the first place, I just find it jarring when we are discussing things like hard or soft plastic, dice with or without stickers, and plungers sticking out of tiny armored animals' backs to see such serious posts that deviate from the original topic because something was taken out of context.
Ok let's all be friends again! :drinks:

#91 trestletop

trestletop

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

I've been reading up as much as I can about Beast Saga to get an idea on what I should pre-order to gather as much of the collection as possible. Are we all still in guessing mode as to how many beasts there are in this series? I'm hovering with my cursor over the add to cart buttons. It'd be great to get some kind of run down as to what should be expected from the blind packages. I think it's fair to assume that there's going to be at least a little speculation until the release date. If anyone has any insight or if I already missed something on the forum fill me in.

#92 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

I've been reading up as much as I can about Beast Saga to get an idea on what I should pre-order to gather as much of the collection as possible. Are we all still in guessing mode as to how many beasts there are in this series? I'm hovering with my cursor over the add to cart buttons. It'd be great to get some kind of run down as to what should be expected from the blind packages. I think it's fair to assume that there's going to be at least a little speculation until the release date. If anyone has any insight or if I already missed something on the forum fill me in.

As you might have read in this and other posts about the BS we've been speculating a lot out here.
With the first BS figure in members hands last week we were able to tackle some of the main questions which where figure related, but still it was a promo figure........ which might leave some space for updates or changes.

So far the 100 figure idea is only based on rumours since its not officially mentioned as far as I know.
With the first 10 beasts being launched in Sept. and the next batch of 10 (? not sure) in Oct. it looks like we've found a patern in the release sheme of Takara Tomy maybe the next 10 figs will come in Nov? I assume that in the end all tribes will have a similar amount of warriors within them but since we don't know how many there are its still a guess but one thing is sure 100 can't be divided by 3.

THERE ARE NO BLIND packages when it comes to the general BS figs! Only the Clear figures (8 in total with the 1st release) will be sold randomly so they will come in blind boxes. But since they are offered as such they wont be part or get mixed up with the general figures. 8 Doesn't look like a real chase to me but there might be a ratio system behind it resulting in more rare clare figs than others, but also this is unkown as we speak.

Its a matter of time before all these questions can be answered but as for now some of these are STILL based on speculations. Keep an eye out here as were trying hard to get all the news and updates out here asap.

Found some detailled shots of the Piranha fig for what its worth after the great pics and info Onyxiaphil's Hamster;

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by GJNL, 26 August 2012 - 11:22 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#93 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

And a side by side with the Hamster which is clearly showing this figure has clearly a more BB like body;

Posted Image

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#94 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Loving that piranha figure! I can't wait to get my hands on the sea tribe starter pack. Thanks for posting the pics.

#95 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

How did you get the promos?
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#96 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

How did you get the promos?

These are not mine and came from the web and were uploaded by a Japanese collector on twitter.

or

The promo's are available in Japan since the beginning of July and were spread amongst the target group throughout several events and toy shows. For some you needed a special reservation while others were more easy to get with a simple ticket from one of the magazines (like VJump). Lord somewhere mentioned the amount of figs that were produced and that'll be hand out during all these different events. Although they are promo figures which make them 'exclusive' and so far high prices have been payed on Yahoo JP within auctions (highest around $150+) there'll be more than enough of them to get the price down to the normal level. Which is expected to be a little higher than the 525 YEN as they remain promo figures.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#97 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

These are not mine and came from the web and were uploaded by a Japanese collector on twitter.

or

The promo's are available in Japan since the beginning of July and were spread amongst the target group throughout several events and toy shows. For some you needed a special reservation while others were more easy to get with a simple ticket from one of the magazines (like VJump). Lord somewhere mentioned the amount of figs that were produced and that'll be hand out during all these different events. Although they are promo figures which make them 'exclusive' and so far high prices have been payed on Yahoo JP within auctions (highest around $150+) there'll be more than enough of them to get the price down to the normal level. Which is expected to be a little higher than the 525 YEN as they remain promo figures.

Thanks for the info, but how exactly will there be more of them made available?
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#98 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

If we can trust the number given by Takara then there will be around 30 000 promo figures given during the events this month in Japan.

The $150 price tag is an exeption as only 2 buyers were fighting against each other to get the Pirahna. It was the only Pirahna sold at yahoo auction so far. 2 Hamster were sold for 1 100 Yen (around $14.OO) and 3 300 Yen (around $42.00). Since one seller tried to sell both promo for 15 000 Yen each with no luck. I put them again at 10 000 Yen each but nobody bought them. I'm still waiting to see if he will put them again and at which price. My 2 cents is that this promo are in the $10.00~$40.00 value range. I'm sure that more and more will pop up as more events are scheduled for next week-end (about 6 or 7 events at different toys stores).

#99 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Does anyone have an idea of what the packaging for the figures looks like? I'm kind of surprised that we haven't really seen this yet, considering they release in a matter of days at this point. I remember seeing what looked like a box for the game in the background of one of the pictures a while back, but that's it.

#100 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Nothing on the packaging so far, guess that might be the final BS mystery since most questions have been answered out here the last weeks. Just a few days away and we'll know.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com