18 replies to this topic

#1 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

I have come across some FOP 5-packs. I was wondering if anyone knew what an average value for these are? Any info would help. :)

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

If they are Series 1, I would say $5 per 5 pack. If they are series 2, then I would auction them off, as the price is really subjective.

#3 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

Wow! I was going to ask this exact question. I picked up some F.O.P. figures at a market the other day and I want to sell/trade some of them. How much do F.O.P. usually go for per figure? These are mostly shadow, but there a couple of crystals and hypers. Also, three of the figures are Warlords. I'll post pics soon.

#4 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

Wow! I was going to ask this exact question. I picked up some F.O.P. figures at a market the other day and I want to sell/trade some of them. How much do F.O.P. usually go for per figure? These are mostly shadow, but there a couple of crystals and hypers. Also, three of the figures are Warlords. I'll post pics soon.

Yeah which type of figure is harder to find? Shadow? Hyper?Crystals? These will be my first FOP purchase and do not even know what those terms are for the figs. I have seen the shadow figs before. What are Hypers? Crystals?

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:43 PM

It goes from High to Low, Crystal, Hyper and Shadow. Some figures are supposedly more rare than others, and they show that break down on the back of the pack.
However, for Series 1, there were 2 waves. Series 1 Wave 1 are pretty cheap. Series 1 Wave 2 are more pricey than Series 2, I would say.
On series 2, I am not sure if they had more than one wave.

I have paid between $2 and $8 for Series 2 figures. But I am sure some are worth more. Goriki seems to know the most about pricing on Series 2.

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

Shadow are the clear black figures, Hyper are painted, Crystals are clear with painted details. Shadow are the most common and Crystal the least, but this doesn't really make any difference at all except for the rarest of the figures. The rarity of the sculpt itself is more important.

You have your common, uncommon, and rare figures, Warlord sculpts that only come with accessories/playsets/the starter set, redemption figures (Xar and Seer), and the secret figures. All Warlords are Hyper except for the rare Crystal Cowl, which was only released for a short time in certain countries... for some reason. Xar and Seer only come in one metallic color, but with painted bits that correspond to a certain country (spots on Xar's armor, Seer's stick). Secret figures come in all three varieties, with the Crystal Secrets having the most limited rarity and production run.

EDIT: Johnny beat me to it, but I'll add that Series 1 was not released in its entirety initially. Certain sculpts in each rarity never came out. A second, more limited production run filled in these gaps, the Wave 2 Johnny mentions. These sculpts are thus more valuable than Series 1 Wave 1.

Series 2 also did not release all of its sculpts at once. Due to the abrupt end of the Fistful of Power toyline, the figures that would have been Series 2 Wave 2 may not have even been released! Series 2 never did get released in the US.

Edited by Boaconda, 03 March 2009 - 04:51 PM.

#7 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

You have your common, uncommon, and rare figures, Warlord sculpts that only come with accessories/playsets/the starter set, redemption figures (Xar and Seer), and the secret figures. All Warlords are Hyper except for the rare Crystal Cowl, which was only released for a short time in certain countries...

This is really interesting, because I actually got a Crystal Cowl in this batch from the market. I was intending on keeping him even though I'm not a F.O.P. collector - he just looks really cool. But I'm happy to make a deal with any collectors here who really want the figure. I'll start a new thread in 'Got Toys' for these figures.

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:45 AM

Since Moose is headquartered in Australia, it doesn't surprise me that Australia is one of the countries where Crystal Cowl was released. I think the UK was another. The US, sadly, was not one of them.

#9 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:25 AM

I don't believe that Crystal Cowl is any more rare than Hyper Cowl. Crystal Cowl was UK and Austrailia, whereas Hyper was US and Canada. Not sure about France of any of the other countries though. It was just a regional thing though.

#10 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:46 AM

As an FOP outsider, it seems like these figures dropped like a rock in price. Yeah? No?

#11 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:40 AM

Not series 2 figures, secrets, Seers, & Xars (except the Canadian one). These all have retained their value, but, their aren't as many collectors these days. The ones still collecting are die hards and know their rarity.

Hey Philly, have you done the peek a boo method to see if your package has any secrets or xars? There are only 2 characters that are shown on the front that when the package has a xar or a secret inside those figures are present as well. If those figures aren't present, no xar or secret. It was the pack out asst. Now you could have those figures present on the front and not have a xar or a secret, but, when you would hit a store like me and see 20-30 of these asst. out of 200+ figures and you would peek...you would score 1-3 Xars or secrets. I had it down to a science. I taught Lazorlion and he scored pretty good too!

TGB

#12 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:07 AM

Has anyone got any photo's of the Series 1 secrets?
I was lucky and scored a Xar, but I've never seen any of the secret figures.
Posted Image

#13 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:21 AM

Not series 2 figures, secrets, Seers, & Xars (except the Canadian one). These all have retained their value, but, their aren't as many collectors these days. The ones still collecting are die hards and know their rarity.

Hey Philly, have you done the peek a boo method to see if your package has any secrets or xars? There are only 2 characters that are shown on the front that when the package has a xar or a secret inside those figures are present as well. If those figures aren't present, no xar or secret. It was the pack out asst. Now you could have those figures present on the front and not have a xar or a secret, but, when you would hit a store like me and see 20-30 of these asst. out of 200+ figures and you would peek...you would score 1-3 Xars or secrets. I had it down to a science. I taught Lazorlion and he scored pretty good too!

TGB

I have actually not received the package yet. I am anxiously awaiting. But I would like to learn of this peek a boo method so I know which ones to open or not open. Post it here or pm me.

I was also wondering if these figures can still be found in stores? If so, where?

#14 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

TGB

I have actually not received the package yet. I am anxiously awaiting. But I would like to learn of this peek a boo method so I know which ones to open or not open. Post it here or pm me.

I was also wondering if these figures can still be found in stores? If so, where?

I posted tons of photos in the FOP section...then Toypedia has losts of those photos.

Also, Philly...call me (you have my #) and I will try to explain how to peek and which ones to peek in. :lol:

TGB

#15 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

I'd have to disagree there. Series 2 and Xars have seen a huge drop in price since their hey day. Xar usually goes for about $30-$40. That is a far cry from the $100-$200+ that he was selling for. And Series 2 figures, at one time were topping $15-$30 each. Now when they pop up they are generally under $10. The only one who is still trying to sell any for their old pricing is Toys4You on eGay and her stock is as stagnant as Hilary Clinton's sex life. :lol:

As far as the Secrets go and the Seer figure, those I would agree are still insanely priced, since you can't really find any.

One of the figures is Barrage (the military guy). In a nut shell, there is a slight opening on the bottom of the pack that might allow you to see a faint glimmer of gold. There are a few posts on the board explaining how to. Do a search for "peek" or "barrage" in this section.

#16 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:18 AM

I'd have to disagree there. Series 2 and Xars have seen a huge drop in price since their hey day. Xar usually goes for about $30-$40. That is a far cry from the $100-$200+ that he was selling for. And Series 2 figures, at one time were topping $15-$30 each. Now when they pop up they are generally under $10. The only one who is still trying to sell any for their old pricing is Toys4You on eGay and her stock is as stagnant as Hilary Clinton's sex life. :lol:

As far as the Secrets go and the Seer figure, those I would agree are still insanely priced, since you can't really find any.

One of the figures is Barrage (the military guy). In a nut shell, there is a slight opening on the bottom of the pack that might allow you to see a faint glimmer of gold. There are a few posts on the board explaining how to. Do a search for "peek" or "barrage" in this section.

There were a few Seers on ebay a couple months ago, Australian seller, I picked one up for $40. Probably be a while before any show up again.

#17 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:36 AM

I'd have to disagree there. Series 2 and Xars have seen a huge drop in price since their hey day. Xar usually goes for about $30-$40. That is a far cry from the $100-$200+ that he was selling for. And Series 2 figures, at one time were topping $15-$30 each. Now when they pop up they are generally under $10. The only one who is still trying to sell any for their old pricing is Toys4You on eGay and her stock is as stagnant as Hilary Clinton's sex life. ^_^

Sorry Jon, not trying to be arguementative w/ you, but, I disagree. Sure there are plenty of collectors that are in the sit and wait phase, knowing that there is a lot less interest in these since their glory days...but, the diehards know that the wave 2's from both series, the ultra rares and rares from series 2, the Xars & Seer, and ALL secrets are $$$ and will remain that way due to their shear rarity.

Granted there is plenty of collectors that have dumped their collections cheap to make back a buck or in the spirit of giving up all hope of owning a complete collection. Toys4you always had some crazy prices and now that the interest level has dwindled as well as her stock of htf/rare FOP figs...she is still trying to unload her huge stock of mainly common FOP. I can remember when several obscure toylines were hot, then dropped like a brick, then picked back up and even skyrocketed when collector interest (mainly great deals on htf items made it easier to get back into collecting them) raised. There are many toylines that this is & will happen to in the future. What would do it for this one is simple...Moose dumps warehouse loads on the secondary toy dealer market. Once collectors saw a glimmer of hope that they could complete this collection no matter what the price (within some reason), FOP would be back in the radar.

There is still a huge demand for series 2, Xars, Seer, and of course secrets. The only Xars that sell @ $30-$50 is the Canadian Xar (which appeared to be the absolute most common Xar by far), then maybe the French Xar around $75-$100 (not sure when the last one of these has sold). When is the last time you have seen a UK, Australian, or a USA Xar for sale? The last USA Xar sold was one of my extras for $300. UK and Australian...I haven't seen one of those sell since the first few months when these hit retail. So you cannot base Canadian Xar sales as THE value of ALL Xars. Same w/ secrets...the series 1 secrets were more common (if you can call a figure w/ less made than Xar or Seer...common) than the series 2 secrets. Primarily because series 2 was only released in Australia to my knowledge...maybe Europe, not sure.

Series 2 sell strong and especially the ultra rare and rares...and then the crystals and hypers of those more than the shadows. Lazorlion sold his collection and made bank on his just within the last year or so. Not ALL series 2 are $$$, uncommons and commons are luke warm and their shadows are probably $1 ea. When I traded my collection, I had cash offers that were good...real good, however, I chose to trade w/ DC and well, anyone who cares knows how that trade went. Lazorlion sold his after me and had a lot less series 2, secrets, no rare Xars, no Seer, etc...he still did well...but, patience is the key right now w/ FOP. Both selling and collecting.

As far as the peek-a-boo method. There are actually 2-3 figures that have to be present on the front in order to contain a Xar or a secret (series 1 packs). Barrage is one. Then there is another one that can have a Xar and another that can have secrets.

#18 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

I'd have to disagree there. Series 2 and Xars have seen a huge drop in price since their hey day. Xar usually goes for about $30-$40. That is a far cry from the $100-$200+ that he was selling for. And Series 2 figures, at one time were topping $15-$30 each. Now when they pop up they are generally under $10. The only one who is still trying to sell any for their old pricing is Toys4You on eGay and her stock is as stagnant as Hilary Clinton's sex life. ^_^

There were a few Seers on ebay a couple months ago, Australian seller, I picked one up for $40. Probably be a while before any show up again.

That is a great deal! I would say anything under $100 is a steal and even $150 is a good deal on him. If you figure there were 5 different Xars and only 1 Seer...there are 5x's as many Xars as Seers produced.

Congrats!

TGB

#19 willb

willb

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

i have put a xar on ebay 1 bid £59.99
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...74#ht_500wt_949

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com