14 replies to this topic

#1 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:56 PM

Hey all, judging from the muscle con poll, there will not be too many of us there. For the few of us that are going, I want to know. Are you going as a vendor, or a participant? I have brainstormed about a few things I would like ot create and bring. I was wondering what kind of stuff you guys will be bringing to this event. If you have something totally unique and special you do not have to post it here, maybe PM me. Or if you do not want people to "steal" your idea, it is all good, and i will see in a few months. Like Johnny for example, the man bringing this all to us, what will he bring? I want to be a vendor, but not quite sure if I will pull something together by then. I have thought about stockpiling muscles until then and selling muscles. Or I have thought about making some muscle con exclusive t-shirts to sell, or I ave even thought about making a crap load of sushi but could not figure out how to make it relate to muscles, so maybe I will bring some gyudon :p What do you guys think, if you do not plan on selling anything there, what kind of stuff would you like to see there? Anybody want some naked pics of Doc Dew? Ok, I guess that is all I have for now.

#2 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 08:24 PM

I ave even thought about making a crap load of sushi but could not figure out how to make it relate to muscles

come on Doc be creative here

Sculpt the sushi to look like MUSCLE's
food dye can make some pretty cool colors for ya
and if you can make or get some kind of mold it wouldn't be to hard
I mean im not talking to scale here lol just so ya know what your eating
Im sure paper weight sunshine wouldnt be to hard lol
use some wasabi for the head
and salmon can be used for something with its color

Even though there is a 90% chance im not going if i did decide to go (or even be able to get there) i would probably be a participant.
(can't stand dealing with the public with selling stuff):p
I would bring DM so Johnny could remove that confirmed "somewhat" off his stats/bio on the rare MUSCLE page
also i would probably go even more if they still had that wrestle Kinnkuman contest
that sounds like hella fun!!!

but over all the whole MUSCLE con thing sound fun
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 08:34 PM

I think Gyuudon and Sushi is a GREAT IDEA!!!!! More Gyuudon than Sushi though. There will be a nice kitchen area. We will be serving food also, but not Japanese. I was hoping that Tsubasa would like to capitalize on the Japanese food sales! My wife will be making hot dogs and the like. Standard convention food.
(there are plenty of freezer and refrigerator space, but no oven or stove.)

Of course the AKIA store will be there with LOTS of Kinnikuman goodies.
Bandai will almost definitely be there with some kewl promotional stuff, and all their commercials!
We will have convention t-shirts and what not at the AKIA store, but anyone is welcome to make their own to sell, considering they have a booth (which will be CHEAP by the way).

My plan for local promotion is this:
All the collectible/comic/anime stores, will get cheap booths to sell their wares, and in doing so, they will promote the Convention, in order to get more bodies there to buy there goods. Etc. Etc.

I am expecting about 150+ locals to show.

I will also have lots of kewl give away prizes from the AKIA store, not too mention those that Bandai may bring.

By the way, admission will be cheap enough, and I'm even thinking of letting the kids in for free, so only the parents pay for entry. That way, mom and pop can cost justify bringing the WHOLE family and friends into the Convention!

#4 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 08:42 PM

also i would probably go even more if they still had that wrestle Kinnkuman contest
that sounds like hella fun!!!

Ahahaha figures you would like that Phill. I too have been looking forward to meeting Muscle man in the ring. I never did find out who was supposed to be muscle man anyways. I was going to make Tsubasa (the wife for you newbies) to go as buffalo man. She has devil horns so I thought it would be fitting. Every morning when we get out of bed, she has a total afro I love it, i tease her and she usually ends up beating my arse. Infact for those who will meet her, mention devil horns and I will get my arse beat haha. Molding sushi into muscles would be kind of cool, but I think it would be more work than it would be worth. Gyudon hitostu ni san byaku en, ha ya ino uma ino yasui no!!!! Beef bowl sounds good, and I can play that song until you all get sick of it and kick me out. If i can not think of something or think I will not be able to have fun because I'd be stuck there selling stuff, I too might go as a participant. We'll see. All I knw is I am super excited. muscle man, you better start eating you wheaties and vitamins.

#5 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 09:55 PM

this convention is sounding better and better. Johnny, are you planning on selling items from the con at the AKIA store (besides the shirts)?

Posted Image

#6 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 04 April 2003 - 11:12 PM

:p I wish I could come....stupid government job and homeland security responsibilites.......
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#7 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 04:22 AM

Even though i wont be there, i'm about to start another custom ring
if i finnish it in time i could maybe send them up for a neat display?

i'd also have to check on shipping :p

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#8 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 08:52 AM

My family is planning a trip to New York/New Jersey this summer to visit relatives. I am hoping that it does not fall around the same time as M.U.S.C.L.E. Con 2003,but it looks like it may. I'm not sure, I will have to wait to find out exactly when we are going for certain. :lol:

:D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#9 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 04:21 PM

I wish it were in NY.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#10 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 05:25 PM

ya i wish it was in NY also
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#11 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:58 PM

I wish that it was in Chicago, and I bet that Toyman does too.

Posted Image

#12 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 10:17 PM

Chicago, I could do! I live in KC!
CA out of the question. <_<
I really would like to meet some of you MUSCLE HEADS! :D
THEGODBEAST e+

#13 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 01:06 AM

I just wish it were somewhere in the southern hemisphere.

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!

#14 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 05:29 AM

NY would be VERY nice...

but if I do end up going, I'll be a regular old participant, haha, I've got nothing to sell. (just thought I'd address the thread topic :lol: )
Posted Image

#15 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 05:56 AM

just thought I'd address the thread topic

Thanks, it seems the topic has strayed. I was curious to what the vendors would be bringing. Of if the board members would just be participants. Johnny, I think I have Tsubasa talked into selling gyudon so if the kitchen area is still open, I am there dude. I am pretty certain that I will make a trip or two to Sac before muscle con, so if we can, lets check it out. Then go to Water World.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com