• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mondo7

Mondo7

Getting back into collecting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Rebuilding/finding my original mimp collection.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

I've been thinking about sculpting some mimp based off new monsters for about six months or so. Ive had a few ideas bouncing around and now I've got some time I thought I'd make a start.
I spent a few hours just trying out a head sculpt for a particular creature but it wasn't happening so I binned it and started on another idea lol.
This is what I've got so far, it's from a Lovecraft story. Kudos to anyone who knows which one. Really pleased with how's it's progressing but I keep thinking those suckers look a little clumsy. I might knock them off and try to redo them smaller.
Anyway some potato quality images with a mimp for size

Attached Files

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:43 AM

That's an awesome start! I look forward to the finished product.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

Looking great so far.

#4 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:55 PM

It's the tentacle faced train conductor?

Attached Files

#5 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:49 AM

It's the tentacle faced train conductor?

Yeah, from the thing in the moonlight.
I'm on head no2 now, I like the cap but I think the actual head could be cleaner and those suckers... suck lol.
Pictures up when it's done

#6 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

I made a start on the cap for the second head sculpt, definately looking cleaner

Attached Files

#7 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

These little fellas came about while I was practicing my tentacles, I think they're kind of fun.
The short one is about an inch and the tall one with the cleaver just under two inches.
I'll probably keep making them all the time I get ideas. I could see them coming in a tub, maybe a random mix of colours.

Attached Files

#8 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

So I've realised now I've missed a trick on the second head sculpt. I really like the way the suckers came out on this little guy but obviously now that the milliput has set I can't add them to the head sculpt in the post above. They are pressed into the putty before it sets.
Any ideas? Maybe drill little holes and fill them to form the suckers? Not confident it would work tbh.
I really don't want to start a third sculpt but knowing my personality, I probably won't be happy unless I do

Attached Files

#9 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

Tub-o-Tentacles

It's catchy.

#10 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

So I've realised now I've missed a trick on the second head sculpt. I really like the way the suckers came out on this little guy but obviously now that the milliput has set I can't add them to the head sculpt in the post above. They are pressed into the putty before it sets.
Any ideas? Maybe drill little holes and fill them to form the suckers? Not confident it would work tbh.
I really don't want to start a third sculpt but knowing my personality, I probably won't be happy unless I do

If you drill a hole large enough ,put some putty and form the sucker with your little tool it can work imo.

#11 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

Yeah, I'm going to try drilling some small holes with a dremel and pressing a ball of milliput in. Hopefully when I press in the middle of the sucker it will spread out and hide the joint.

#12 elrojo

elrojo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Hello, I collect a little bit of everything but I love the mini rubber figures and I love carving my own toys, many of my sculptures have not been released but there are some sweets outside

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:25 PM

Man, these are your first jobs? Wow it's amazing, you have a great job here, I'll be watching your progress, in my last post publish a figure with a tentacle, check the pacifiers and if I can help you with a council just call me, regards

#13 UncleGhastly

UncleGhastly

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

I would have guessed these would be your hundredth mini-sculpts, not your first.

I've been sculpting full-size for years, recently started at the 1-2 inch scale, and I'm nowhere near this level yet.

#14 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

This is great work, especially for a start at sculpting in mini-scale. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com