#1 sokk

sokk

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:13 AM

Hello,

I recently came accross my old exogini figures that me and my brother collected when we were kids, and i was wondering what their estimated value could be. We have a lot of the first series and a few of the second series. 

So here are some photos. Some of the translucent green are darker than others, not sure if they are considered different. Some figures in the "flesh"colour sceme are stained, probably from exposure to light.

Anyway here are some photos. 

EDIT: I removed the old photos because i had taken them in the dark with some better ones.

Attached Files

Edited by sokk, 27 April 2016 - 11:15 PM.

#2 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:23 AM

Super cool lot of figures you got there. As with anything, they are worth what somebody is willing to pay. I say that because some are more desirable than others and thus are "worth" more, or you could get more money for them. The Sunshine, Ashuraman and Kinnikuman figures are generally some of the more desirable figures so one could assume they would be more valuable than others as well. Some colors also seem to be more desirable than others like the glitter and metallic figures.

I have only recently been casually pursuing these so somebody who has been collecting them for a longer period of time may be able to give you a better answer. I haven't spent more than $5 on any one figure but know they can go for far more than that.

If you end up wanting to part with them I would be interested in the bottom 3 figures in the 7th photo and the bottom 2 figures in the 8th. Let me know if that is the case and best of luck to you.

And welcome to the forum :)

Edited by Screamer, 21 April 2016 - 01:34 AM.

#3 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:21 AM

I'm also interested in a few. I'll send you a PM. I keep my eyes out for these a lot and the value is tough to call. Singles on ebay never seem to sell because they are overpriced. I have seen some lots sell on there but I find it difficult to tell why some lots sell for a good price and others do not.

Edit:

You have a glitter guy in there too which is definitely noteworthy.

Edited by Sydot, 21 April 2016 - 07:59 AM.

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:17 AM

Yeah gotta find a Italian or Greek collector to know for sure. Hitting up the Facebook exogini groups would be your best bet.

Some figures in certain colors can be worth a lot of money, but like they said, just because they are worth a lot doesn't mean they will be easy to sell.

#5 daniele30198

daniele30198

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

Hello
I would be interested in buying them all .
if it is interested in selling contact me that we define the selling price
I look forward to his friendly feedback
thank you

#6 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:16 AM

Nice collection, congrats!

I can tell you that the most valued pieces are the metallic purple ones, the glitter one (the most valued) and the blue ones (only the blue variant though, the photos are a little dark but I can see two or three figures)

The others are pretty common.

I could see a green variant in the second and third photo but I need an image with natural light.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 sokk

sokk

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:51 AM

Thanks for your input. I will upload clearer photos. Some of a blue figures are metallic, are they considered a different color scheme? Also some of the transparent pink and green are darker.

#8 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:27 AM

The main color of blue is the metallic one, it has a very large number of shades and variants but the most valued is the 'pastel' one (as called here in Italy).

The darker greens are more rare that the light ones, but are mistaken often because there are several degrees here too.

The darker pink is an exclusive greek color but not very rare, these figures can go between 5-8 USD each.

The last photo has figures from the second series (bootlegs of the american Ninja Mites toys) and I can see there are 5 rare figures, followed by the solid pink one, the two translucent ones and all that remains.

Keep in mind that, speaking only about money, the same italian figure in the same color will be always more valued than a greek one (with an exception for figures that are believed to be sold but not yet discovered in the italian market)

#9 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:24 AM

Keep in mind that, speaking only about money, the same italian figure in the same color will be always more valued than a greek one

Why is that? Are they a different material?

#10 sokk

sokk

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:56 AM

I also had the same question regarding the first series, as all of the colors were created in Greece by el Greco. Is there a way to tell apart two figures with the same color bought from two different countries?

#11 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

Nope, they aren't a different material and yes all the exogini were produced in Greece.

One of the most hot topic inside the italian community is the rule of collecting the figures only sold in Italy, most collectors do that but obviously we can't be absolutely sure, and there are quite a few collectors out there that are not active or known.

The reason is because a figure sold in a country in limited quantities isn't as rare as the same figures sold in another. E.g. Some black cosmix figures are WAY common than the italian counterparts (luckily the cosmix plastic has a distinct smell and it's easy to spot that, but you got my meaning)

In the recent years we experienced a flood of greek figures, and sadly the italian market has been "contaminated", I tend to collect/trade/buy/sell only from trusted people and I keep the figures organized by country because I like it that way.

Speaking of colors, certain colors were produced only for specific countries, but in the end, in Greece you can literally find tons of colors, the most of them exclusively sold there.

Fer example the blue is the color that has more shades and variants than anything else, but is not totally impossible to recognize the greek figures, because the italian colors and variants have been documented pretty well and even if they are practically identical is still possible to tell them apart.

#12 sokk

sokk

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

You've definitely done your homework! So, what do you think is the minimum price of a collection such as mine? I've recently had people offer me 400 euros for the lot while another one has gone up to 600. For some of the pieces I couldn't estimate a value because they seem very rare.

#13 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:50 PM

So the exact same figure (in some cases impossible to distinguish) sold in 2 different countries (but manufactured in the same) could sell for a difference of hundreds of dollars, euros, etc. simply because it was originally sold in one country over another?

Am I missing something? Or is that the most extreme form of purist collecting?

#14 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:07 AM

Well, that's debatable to me.

Different packaging (for the most parts), different name, very limited quantities for certain colors sold in one country, much more in another.

It's like US TF decoys and EUR TF decoys, you can buy US figures pretty simply on ebay but it's much more harder to get the EUR figures, either on ebay or flea markets.

Plus, the hunting and searching for figures that add that sparkle of joy in completing a series, if you could simply buy a giant lot overseas to fill the gaps in your collection it would be too, too easy.

#15 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:26 PM

I guess it's perspective. If I'm looking at two unpackaged figures that are identical, they're identical (with the exception of customs of course). In this case, from my understanding, they were manufactured at the same factory at the very same moment in time. With the exception of packaging (which I assume is missing and not the bulk of the collecting) I see it being similar to US MUSCLE collectors not acknowledging Canadian MUSCLES or vice-versa, really, when considering that most of the rarer class a's are from Canada.

I'm not bashing it. I just don't understand it as I'm not familiar with the Italian collecting scene. Is it safe to say that an Italian collector would spend $100 on an Italian released figure over a 5 figure lot from Greece that contained the same figure and 4 other equally rare figures?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exogini

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com