• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 23 July 2005 - 06:49 PM

I emailed the guy who was selling these to find out whether they came from Series 1 or 2 packages. He said they were from blue Series 1 packs so it looks like there indeed was/is a wave 2 of Series 1 figures at least in Canada.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...eName=WDVW&rd=1

I just hope we get some here in the US cuz I sure as hell ain't paying $25 a pop for them :lol:
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#2 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:59 AM

Yeah I really hope that we get thesee figures here. I don't want to have to hunt them down online to get them. There are certain ones that I really want to have, like Eek, Slag, Scorpiax and Ulfgar. Others, that i I can only get them online, I'll probably deal without like Basch and Blastor.

Which ones are you looking forward to getting?

Eric

#3 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 24 July 2005 - 08:14 AM

All of them of course but Eek & Slag look the coolest with Ulgar & Scorpiax being a close second.

I'd really like to get the color variations from the Spinmaster giveaway promotions too. I'm hopeful I'll be able to trade a Xar or Secret to get them as well as for the remaining if they never show up around here. They don't seem to ever pop up on eBay. Realistically, many will probably end up in the trash or at 2nd hand stores when the kids get tired of them.

I talked to a couple of guys at KB Toys and they said they were clearancing their FOP since they would be receiving Series 2 but I took it with a grain of salt as they didn't seem to be the most informed guys around but at least they knew what FOP was. They were the cashiers, not the guys that order toys.

I can definitely see a big push out before (for) Christmas--that would be the most likely time for Series 2. The toy guys at Walmart have been saying the Christmas Shuffle should start pretty soon after back to school. That's where they move all the toy stock around and add the extra toy aisles. If any more FOP are to arrive at Wally, it will be then.
Posted Image

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#4 FlamingEternity

FlamingEternity

New Ruler of Scar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of Power bagged set<br><br>this is my list of needs:<br><br>All 2nd wave SHC<br>Silver Xar<br>Blue Xar<br>Blue/Red Xar<br>SHC Shriek<br>SHC Savage<br>SHC Cutter<br>C Cowl<br>S Spidok<br>H Aknar<br>H Tremmor<br>H Stryke<br>H Stench<br>H Wort<br>C Infernus<br>C Frost<br>C Gregor<br>C Master Wu<br>C Cowl<br><br>My lonely doubles:<br><br>Red Xar x 5<br>S Hisss<br>H Spidok<br>C Grush<br>C Grondar<br>C Slaughta<br>C Aknar

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:17 PM

IM ON THE WEST COAST OF CANADA AND THE SECOND WAVE HASNT HIT US YET...

#5 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:44 PM

IM ON THE WEST COAST OF CANADA AND THE SECOND WAVE HASNT HIT US YET...

When they do...contact me...I have a crystal xar waiting for any Canadian that can help me get one of every version of the series 1 WAVE 2 figures!!! :blink:

TGB

#6 FlamingEternity

FlamingEternity

New Ruler of Scar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of Power bagged set<br><br>this is my list of needs:<br><br>All 2nd wave SHC<br>Silver Xar<br>Blue Xar<br>Blue/Red Xar<br>SHC Shriek<br>SHC Savage<br>SHC Cutter<br>C Cowl<br>S Spidok<br>H Aknar<br>H Tremmor<br>H Stryke<br>H Stench<br>H Wort<br>C Infernus<br>C Frost<br>C Gregor<br>C Master Wu<br>C Cowl<br><br>My lonely doubles:<br><br>Red Xar x 5<br>S Hisss<br>H Spidok<br>C Grush<br>C Grondar<br>C Slaughta<br>C Aknar

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:06 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ive just got some wave 2!!! ULFGAR H, and SLAG S!!! There are first wave guys too but who cares,, what i did was check back at toys r us (I BOUGHT ALL THERE STOCK A WEEK AGO) and they brought the new shipment,, no other stores in the greater vancouver area have them yet, they wont get any new ones untill they sell out, but TGB, save me a crystal Xar, this Canadians gonna hve a few sets of wave 2 in a week or so i bet.... waiting till payday :blink:

ILL KEEP YOU INFORMED

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:19 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ive just got some wave 2!!! ULFGAR H, and SLAG S!!! There are first wave guys too but who cares,, what i did was check back at toys r us (I BOUGHT ALL THERE STOCK A WEEK AGO) and they brought the new shipment,, no other stores in the greater vancouver area have them yet, they wont get any new ones untill they sell out, but TGB, save me a crystal Xar, this Canadians gonna hve a few sets of wave 2 in a week or so i bet.... waiting till payday :(

ILL KEEP YOU INFORMED

UDAMAN!!!

;) ;) ;)

TGB

#8 FlamingEternity

FlamingEternity

New Ruler of Scar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

hey there was only one pack like that :blink:

the guys from the second wave dont have andy plastic, and so far all of my collection (except for shadows) is in the packaging still. the way I found them ?

The bottom of the FoP pack wasn't sealed, and the instructions were sliding out. I just looked inside (like how you find Crystal Cowl in the Fist)

Too bad there was only one :fop: :(

#9 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:02 AM

hey there was only one pack like that :o

the guys from the second wave dont have andy plastic, and so far all of my collection (except for shadows) is in the packaging still. the way I found them ?

The bottom of the FoP pack wasn't sealed, and the instructions were sliding out. I just looked inside (like how you find Crystal Cowl in the Fist)

Too bad there was only one :fop: B)

As far as I know, the Crystal Cowls are only in the Fists released in Australia. I'm trying to hook up a trade. Do you have a Xar? If the Eeks and such don't show up here, I might be willing to trade a Xar or secret for a full set of the missing Series one.

Have you run across any of the alternate colored ones that Spinmaster gave out in Canada? Did they give any out where you are? If so may want to check around your local thrift stores or garage sales to see if any kids get rid of theirs

(and if you get extras, LMK... :doc: )
Posted Image

#10 FlamingEternity

FlamingEternity

New Ruler of Scar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:53 PM

YEAH I HAVE SOME XARS, THE WING DOTS ARE ALL RED. WHAT DID SPINMASTER HAND OUT THAT WAS ALTERNATE COLOURED? NO I DONT HAVE A CRYSTAL COWL YET EITHER, BUT UNTIL NOW, IVE BEEN TEARING INTO EVERY FIST I FIND LOOKING FOR HIM. I THINK THE 2ND WAVE GUYS I GOT WERE SOMEONES DOUBLES THAT THEY PUT BACK IN THE BOX, AND GOT A REFUND. ITS THE ONLY EXPLANATION I CAN COME UP WITH. I DONT CARE IF THEY ARENT BAGGED AS LONG AS I HAVE THEM! ILL GET THE BAGGED ONES LATER. FOR NOW IF ANYONE WANTS TO TRADE MSG ME, I HAVE SLAG AND ULFGAR. HOW WOULD I FIND OUT THE AREAS SPINMASTER VISITED?

ALSO IM WILLING TO TRADE A CAN XAR FOR A US XAR, UK XAR OR AUS XAR.

I HAVE ALOT OF XARS BECAUSE IM LIKE THE ONLY FOP COLLECTOR IN THE GREATER VANCOUVER AREA WITH MONEY IT SEEMS. ILL RIP INTO A STORE, TAKING OUT HALF THE STOCK, AND WHEN I RETURN A FEW DAYS LATER, THEY HAVENT BEEN TOUCHED. ITS LIKE THIS EVERYWHERE, IN ALL THE STORES. SOME HAVE SOLD OUT, AND ARE BRINGING IN NO MORE.

WHAT SECRETS DO YOU HAVE GILGER? I HAVE NONE, WHICH MEANS ONLY NINE MORE TO GO :doc:

WOULD YOU CONSIDER TRADING?

:o

#11 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:33 PM

hey there was only one pack like that :o

the guys from the second wave dont have andy plastic, and so far all of my collection (except for shadows) is in the packaging still.  the way I found them ? 

The bottom of the FoP pack wasn't sealed, and the instructions were sliding out.  I just looked inside (like how you find Crystal Cowl in the Fist)

Too bad there was only one  :fop:  B)

As far as I know, the Crystal Cowls are only in the Fists released in Australia. I'm trying to hook up a trade. Do you have a Xar? If the Eeks and such don't show up here, I might be willing to trade a Xar or secret for a full set of the missing Series one.

Have you run across any of the alternate colored ones that Spinmaster gave out in Canada? Did they give any out where you are? If so may want to check around your local thrift stores or garage sales to see if any kids get rid of theirs

(and if you get extras, LMK... :doc: )

Crystal Cowls were in the UK for sure...because Lazorlion and I got ours from musclemenkids in Scotland.

TGB B)

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 28 July 2005 - 02:36 PM.

#12 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:45 PM

Crystal Cowls were a limited promotional run.

#13 FlamingEternity

FlamingEternity

New Ruler of Scar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:14 PM

If anyone has a Crystal Cowl they're willing to part with, I have alot of Xars and cash (obviously) PLEASE LMK
:lol: :cheeks:

#14 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:28 AM

Hey Gilgar,

Toysfouryou says that you are a lying sack of shizznit and that he never told you that he got his wave two from blue packs. Do you still have that email he sent back to you?

#15 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:56 AM

Nope, sorry, too long ago. It would have been an ebay message, i.e. "Ask seller a question" and they're apparently gone once you delete them--at least I didn't have any luck trying to recover them.

I do specifically recall asking whether they came from Series 1 blue or Series 2 yellow.
Posted Image

#16 toysfouryou

toysfouryou

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:05 AM

Hey Gilgar,

Toysfouryou says that you are a lying sack of shizznit and that he never told you that he got his wave two from blue packs. Do you still have that email he sent back to you?

i never said that all i said was i never opened any with the missing figures in them .and you may have asked if they were from ser 1 or ser 2 blue or yellow .but i only have blue so maby there was a misunderstanding but i think you can see on my post i never said he was a lying sack of shizznit you said that

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

Hey Gilgar,

i never said that all i said was i never opened any with the missing figures in them .and you may have asked if they were from ser 1 or ser 2 blue or yellow .but i only have blue so maby there was a misunderstanding but i think you can see on my post i never said he was a lying sack of shizznit you said that

You are correct, I embellished a bit. But you still said that you never said that, which inferrs that he is/was lying.

Granted, there could have been some miscommunication between the two of you, so I digress.

#18 toysfouryou

toysfouryou

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:48 AM

thanks now that all the feuding is over lets get on to the real fun toys toys toys .I read somewhere you were working with moose for ser 2 and I am to .maybe we can work together and yes my spelling is horrible that I do admit . and I do agree the marketing was not the best and the gameplay was not the best it should have been more of a strategy game where you take over the other areas by the roll of a dice and the power levels determined the number of hit to the opponents figures. I am hopping like the rest that when all the stock comes out for sale that there are wave 2 missing figures in them as they sure have a lot of stock left well everybody have fun collecting and if I can help anybody just drop me a line I will do my best

#19 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:51 AM

Maybe they were recalled because they had small parts?

:KS:
Posted Image

#20 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:37 AM

I am glad you 2 Titans are chilled now.

Because I for one can attest to BOTH of your genuine kindness.

Jkaris has helped me plenty of times with all types of toys and such.

toysfouryou has offered me help on completing my set and my son's sets well before this whole arguement got heated.

I will say this...EVERYTHING toysfouryou has told me regarding the FOP line and Spinmasters has been 100% truth.

I think if we built the FOP guide I have been talking to Jkaris about, get Jkaris and toysfouryou to work on obtaining series 2 and arenas, we could be in good shape.

FOP aren't some junkya$$ toyline, they are the BB/Muscles of the future. If you all recall these 2 toylines were NOT that hot back then and they were released more throughly in other countries too!

:KS: TGB :lol:

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 17 October 2005 - 11:49 AM.

#21 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:21 PM

:unsure:

I doubt it, they didn't recall you and you have small parts :lol:
Posted Image

#22 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:25 PM

:unsure:

I doubt it, they didn't recall you and you have small parts :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BURN!

OUCH!

For a minute there I was thinkin' you were talkin' bout DOC.

TGB

#23 tibrown

tibrown

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:19 PM

It would be good if US & or Canada picked up the series 2 line.
However, whoever does it should be aware that there are also six missing figures in series 2.

bye
Tim
Australia
Captain America

#24 toysfouryou

toysfouryou

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:00 PM

It would be good if US & or Canada picked up the series 2 line.
However, whoever does it should be aware that there are also six missing figures in series 2.

bye
Tim
Australia

hi tim havent talked to you in a while trista here from toysfouryou .so what your saying is its happening again .this is really nothing new for moose they did the same thing when moose made mighty beanz it was a way of driving interest in the product and it workes ok if you come out with the second wave as people call it and they did on the mighty beanz. and in the second wave they always shortpacked the second wave so that 6 from the first wave were not available. the problem comes when there is no second wave .are you still looking for the secret figures from ser 1. on auction now take care tim .hopefully this will be straitened out by time moose send them to me

#25 tibrown

tibrown

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:22 AM

Hi Trista,

Yes still looking for secrets, but not prepared too pay much for them, I am happy with the complete sets I have (minus the secrets).

Yes it looks like Moose have done it again. I bought hundreds of packets of series 2, accumulating many variations of all figures but with out a single variation of 49, 55, 56, 67, 75 & 77.

I wrote to Moose and they have supplied the figures to me from some stock in their office.

I am happy that they have supplied the figures to me, but what about the money I spent trying to get them in the first place!

I am still thinking about what position to take on this as I am sure they have broken our fair trading laws. However, at this stage I think I will wait for series 3 and see what transpires.

Bye
Tim
Captain America

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com