Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

New GPK mini figures MINIKINS

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#401 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

I just noticed that on the jumbo 4 backs, the little black bag, has a tiny hole in one corner, so you can see what colors are in the bag. makes it kinda fun if you after a sealed black bag set. you can pretty much guess what figures are in there by feeling around and then with the hole in the bag. you can see the colors. and i guess if you had access to a pinhole camera you could just look in there. . just nailed my yellow adam bomb that way .. wasent going to open it if it was any other color because i had them already..

Brown chicken , brown cow

#402 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

I cant believe me sometimes.. I just ordered my 9th box and 21 Jumbo packs. Sheesh..

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#403 McSoundwave

McSoundwave

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting toys I remember so fondly from my childhood to include G.I. Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, MOTUC, Garbage Pail Kids, Go Bots and of course, M.U.S.C.L.E.s. Call me a nostalgiaholic I guess!

Additionally, I fancy spending time with my family, working out, playing basketball, watching movies, traveling, and trying new things.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I cant believe me sometimes.. I just ordered my 9th box and 21 Jumbo packs. Sheesh..

Damn son!  The Minikins got you joensin' something fierce.   :blink1:

#404 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

I just noticed that on the jumbo 4 backs, the little black bag, has a tiny hole in one corner, so you can see what colors are in the bag. makes it kinda fun if you after a sealed black bag set. you can pretty much guess what figures are in there by feeling around and then with the hole in the bag. you can see the colors. and i guess if you had access to a pinhole camera you could just look in there. . just nailed my yellow adam bomb that way .. wasent going to open it if it was any other color because i had them already..

But isn't the top portion with the black bag completely opaque?

#405 McSoundwave

McSoundwave

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting toys I remember so fondly from my childhood to include G.I. Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, MOTUC, Garbage Pail Kids, Go Bots and of course, M.U.S.C.L.E.s. Call me a nostalgiaholic I guess!

Additionally, I fancy spending time with my family, working out, playing basketball, watching movies, traveling, and trying new things.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

A while back I ordered a lot of 7 Minikin jumbo packs off the 'bay to complete a second painted set since the ones I still needed were visible.  Anyway, I had 4 left-over that showcased duplicate painted figures so I left them unopened...until tonight at least.   :joecool:  Well, in the pack that "advertised" Sy Clops in the see-through pocket, I could feel the mushroom cloud of an Adam Bomb.  Bored, I decided to open it in the hopes that it'd be yellow which was the last remaining color I needed him in.  Whaddaya know!?!  Shit was yellow B!  I know it's not that exciting a find, but I felt compelled to share it with y'all nevertheless.    

Attached Files

Edited by McSoundwave, 21 November 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#406 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

A while back I ordered a lot of 7 Minikin jumbo packs off the 'bay to complete a second painted set since the ones I still needed were visible.  Anyway, I had 4 left-over that showcased duplicate painted figures so I left them unopened...until tonight at least.   :joecool:  Well, in the pack that "advertised" Sy Clops in the see-through pocket, I could feel the mushroom cloud of an Adam Bomb.  Bored, I decided to open it in the hopes that it'd be yellow which was the last remaining color I needed him in.  Whaddaya know!?!  Shit was yellow B!  I know it's not that exciting a find, but I felt compelled to share it with y'all nevertheless.    

Congrats! I opened up so many packs that had Adam and not found not a single yellow. Finally getting one through a trade. It's always a great feeling to rip open a pack and see that sunshiney yellow looking back at you. :)

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#407 McSoundwave

McSoundwave

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

Congrats! I opened up so many packs that had Adam and not found not a single yellow. Finally getting one through a trade. It's always a great feeling to rip open a pack and see that sunshiney yellow looking back at you. :)

Thanks!  I was most certainly excited at this pull since, as I alluded to above, I was hoping upon hope's hope that it'd be the yellow AB.  And, as fate would have it, it was!  Overall, I guess I've been relatively fortunate for, in the very first pack I ever opened, I yanked a yellow Patty Putty.  All told, I've nabbed 6 different yellow figures out of 2 24 2-pack boxes and 4 jumbo packs (since I still have 3 sealed out of the 7 I purchased).    

Edited by McSoundwave, 21 November 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#408 Matlock

Matlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Just curious if anyone has had any color bleeding on these, ? like the mimp .its almost the same material?  I should prolly keep them separate just to be safe.

#409 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Just curious if anyone has had any color bleeding on these, ? like the mimp .its almost the same material?  I should prolly keep them separate just to be safe.

I haven't experienced any yet or heard of anyone else experiencing any with theirs, but it's probably too soon to tell. I keep my master set separated by color but my doubles all mixed together. MiniKins are made of a bit more "bouncy" rubber than MIMP, so I'm guessing and hoping they'll be less susceptible to staining.

#410 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:09 AM

MiniKins are made of a bit more "bouncy" rubber than MIMP, so I'm guessing and hoping they'll be less susceptible to staining.

Then again MIMP seem a bit more solid than Minkins do, as we've seen when people try to strip the paint from a Minikin only to end up with a furry looking melted pile of crap. They seem porous to me, so probably will stain just as bad as MIMP,do, if not more.

#411 Matlock

Matlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

I haven't experienced any yet or heard of anyone else experiencing any with theirs, but it's probably too soon to tell. I keep my master set separated by color but my doubles all mixed together. MiniKins are made of a bit more "bouncy" rubber than MIMP, so I'm guessing and hoping they'll be less susceptible to staining.

Yeah i haven't experienced it yet either. I just recently found out the Mimp do this. I think maybe boglins do that do? I just separated everything from every toy line i collect.except muscle. ive had them mixed up for 20 years and no staining. . And i used to just think they messed up in the factory.  Staining is for the birds.

Then again MIMP seem a bit more solid than Minkins do, as we've seen when people try to strip the paint from a Minikin only to end up with a furry looking melted pile of crap. They seem porous to me, so probably will stain just as bad as MIMP,do, if not more.

Better safe then sorry , I hope they don't but if they do. I'll be prepared this time. not like my mimp debociale

#412 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

Yeah i haven't experienced it yet either. I just recently found out the Mimp do this. I think maybe boglins do that do? I just separated everything from every toy line i collect.except muscle. ive had them mixed up for 20 years and no staining. . And i used to just think they messed up in the factory.  Staining is for the birds.

Better safe then sorry , I hope they don't but if they do. I'll be prepared this time. not like my mimp debociale

I do own a couple yellow Mini Boglins that have staining. I've never seen it happen with MUSCLE figures either, so at least there's that. 

For years I kept most of my mini figures all mixed together in a big container and a bunch got the pink/red staining. But it was almost exclusively yellow ones, and sometimes white. Occasionally light green colors too, but that's mostly just with MIMP. I'd say the yellow and green MIMP stain worse than any other minifigs I've owned. 

I am thinking heat plays a part in the staining, so it could probably be tested with MiniKins by rubber-banding a red and yellow one together and leaving them out in the heat for a few weeks during the summer. Of course, not sure if anyone would want to sacrifice a yellow MiniKin.

Maybe at some point I'll do this experiment with common red and yellow MIMPs. Even though we know those stain, I'm curious how long it takes to happen.

#413 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

Interesting; my childhood MIMPs were all kept together in a box, then a baggie, over the past 20 or so years and none of them show any signs of staining. Perhaps it is heat and/or humidity that causes this?

This makes me re-think my decision to build a MIMP jar similar to my current MUSCLE jar though. I'm assuming there's not record of this happening with colored MUSCLE since they're a firmer rubber?

#414 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

Interesting; my childhood MIMPs were all kept together in a box, then a baggie, over the past 20 or so years and none of them show any signs of staining. Perhaps it is heat and/or humidity that causes this?

This makes me re-think my decision to build a MIMP jar similar to my current MUSCLE jar though. I'm assuming there's not record of this happening with colored MUSCLE since they're a firmer rubber?

I'd be willing to bet that heat/humidity plays a big part in it. That's why I'd like to try to experiment I mentioned above--we'll see if I get around to it or if I can bring myself to sacrifice perfectly good MIMP. :)

And yeah, pretty sure it's limited to figures made out of softer, more rubbery material. 

You'd probably be okay making a MIMP jar if you excluded red & neon red or if you just put common ones in there and wouldn't care too much about a potential bit of staining.

#415 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Here is a few yellows in a Topps Garbage Candy can

13679804643_7911e670cd_z.jpg

#416 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Still no sign in the UK!

I hate you, Topps.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#417 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Still no sign in the UK!

I hate you, Topps.

I bought a pack of these little boogers today, and might be able to pick up some for those of you in the UK. I'll probably be doing a quick video review of them, too...whether you'll see it or not depends on if I'm happy with the results.

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#418 Matlock

Matlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

anyone know when in april the series 2 is coming out?

#419 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

anyone know when in april the series 2 is coming out?

The last I heard it was going to be June, after the original March release got delayed. Like June 4th or something like that. Unless something has changed since last month.

#420 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

Finally finished my master set of Minikins!

#421 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

Finally finished my master set of Minikins!

Congrats, man! Now you're all set for Series 2. :)

#422 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Attached File  download_20140416_135927.jpg   23.91K   41 downloads

#423 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Whoa, that pic made me go over to GPKUG to see if I missed some news. Looks like those were supplied by Topps as raffle prizes for people from GPKUG attending C2E2.

So now we can add Grim Jim to the list of characters that will be in Series 2.

#424 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

:D That Grim Jim looks pretty pathetic compared you yours Eric!

#425 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

That painted Graffiti Petey looks so cheap and awesome!  I love topps minikins because they capture the charm of cheap birthday prize junk toys.. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com