#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#2 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:25 PM

I wanted to post this topic in this forum, even though it is a sighting, so I could add the pic of this Blackhole Sunshine that Johnny found in this auction on ebay a couple of days ago.

I think I stumbled across it next, and literally fell off my chair in shock. I immediatley contacted JKaris about it, after seeing his bid, and he told me he had offered the seller a reasonable sum to end the auction early and sell to him. The seller stated that he would rather let the auction run its course, so I thought cool...this auction is going well over $200 possibly $300 bucks at the end in nine days. So not thinking the seller would sell to me either, I gave it a shot and made him an offer that night. He contacted me the next day before I left for school and accepted. I was amazed! :huh:

The seller also said it is in MINT condition, and it still has the second piece, ATTACHED!!! :lol:

So as of this morning, Blackhole Sunshine is on his way! I will be posting pics of him as soon as he arrives!

Peace all!

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#3 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:28 PM

wow!
good deal for you man. amazing!

#4 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:34 PM

I think its cool if this topic stays here instead of sightings since it will be a popular post im sure, also its not really a sighting anymore, and BHS is a pretty major discovery.

I would like to say im happy for you, but im also dissapointed that the rest of us didnt get a shot at it. I cant say i wouldnt have done the same thing though. haha, just give me some time to digest the sour grapes :lol:
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#5 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:37 PM

Here is the auction that the figure was originally in. He was the first figure in this lot, but the pic is editted now. Anyways, there's a lot of other great auctions by this same seller.

:lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#6 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:53 PM

There could be even more to this than there seems to be. Could there be more than just the three Super Rare figures from this set?

Johnny and I have come to speculate that there are possibly three more Super Rare M.U.S.C.L.E. figures out there somewhere that have yet to be discovered. We think that the rest of the figures from the same set were possibly made into M.U.S.C.L.E.'s, possibly as a test run for new sculpts that were never officially released as M.U.S.C.L.E.'s, like Satancross and Spinning Head Ashuraman. Three have been discovered, the other three are, in theory, the remaining missing links.

I have attached a pic of the figures from this set. The three on the bottom are Satancross, Spinning Head Ashuraman, and Blackhole Sunshine...all of which have been discovered. The top three figures could be the ones that are still out there somewhere waiting to be found. :lol:

B)

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#7 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:57 PM

Nathan,

I think this means that I may have to add a few more collection pics! When I get the Blackhole Sunshine, I'll take some pics for your site. :lol:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#8 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 01:47 AM

It was only a matter of time before BHS popped up. Just like it was only a matter of time before another purple claw popped up. :lol:

#9 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 02:32 AM

It was only a matter of time before BHS popped up. Just like it was only a matter of time before another purple claw popped up. :lol:

True indeed. And it will only be a matter of time before more pop up in the M.U.S.C.L.E. society. B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#10 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 02:50 AM

One the one hand, Arforbes, I'm quite happy for you, on the other, I'm very pissed......

I was gonna bid that sucker through the ROOF!!!!!

that's right, I got's me a Grant Check Comin' and I was fully prepared to toss $350 into the ring for that MFer........

glad you got it, but dammit, I totally gotta have one.......even a Kinkeshi one would be hot at this point.......

sonofabee-eye-itch...........

I'm laughing and completely pissed at the same time......

ya win some, ya lose some.......there will be another sooner or later.....

#11 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 02:59 AM

i'm happy that you got the figure arforbes because as far as i can tell you have the most near complete collection inc all 3 super rares, am i right? the fact that the other part is still attatched is awesome. now all you need is the magenta claw to solve the riddle of the 'missing color conspiracy'. Top man! :lol:
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#12 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 06:09 AM

Aforbes, I'm happy for ya...but I gotta say, I caught a lot of flack for admitting that I am a habitual sniper...but I don't see how sniping is any worse than buying a figure out from underneath anyone. I'd say that's the ultimate form of sniping. But anyway, if you didn't do it, someone else would've...so I'm glad someone from the board got it.

#13 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 07 March 2003 - 06:49 AM

#14 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 07 March 2003 - 06:58 AM

I'd hate to say what everybody else is thinking but I am going to. I think that is pretty effing selfish personally. You are so concerned about having the "rarest" collection that you would cheat Johnny and the rest of us out of even having a chance? What pisses me off too is that this is not the first time you have done crap like this. You bid on the purple claw knowing it would make everybody mad, and the ONLY reason you won that bee-eye-itch was because Belig and myself swallowed our dream of having a complete set and did not bid. But having it was that important to you. Wierd how the last purple claw auction was closed early due to some dirtbag offering the seller money to close it early too. Sound familiar anyone? I too wanted to bid on this, but to be percetly honest, I was not going to bid if Johnny still had high dibs, because I think he deserves it more than I do. There are a couple people on this board that deseves it more, and YOU are not one of them you selfish eff.

#15 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 07:54 AM

Bleh.
more money then i can chew, certain figures cost alot of well basicly they are rare to us . (satan cross for example)
cause they aren't on the poster, but give it time and BHS might be as common as a cross (never know)

still this collecting is becoming more expensive so i guess i'll stick to the new figures till the $$$ go back down to 0.25(normal) to 1.00 (rarer or I need that one badly)
:lol:

but i agree that asking the seller to remove the auction isn't right.
and if i had the money that i was going to bid , and i found this out i'd be sooo pissed i'ld report the lot of ya to ebay.

but no money = no sour grapes
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#16 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:17 AM

i'm happy that you got the figure arforbes because as far as i can tell you have the most near complete collection inc all 3 super rares, am i right? the fact that the other part is still attatched is awesome. now all you need is the magenta claw to solve the riddle of the 'missing color conspiracy'. Top man! :D

Yes with this figure coming, I will have all three Super Rares, not on the poster...Satancross, Spinning Head Ashuraman, and Blackhole Sunshine. :woot:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#17 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:24 AM

After reading the posts this morning and seeing how pissed everyone seems to be about this, I would like to try to comfort the uneasy feelings.

Well,

I emailed the seller with an offer of $100 the first time. Then here's where I got anxious. I had not heard from him in a while since then so I figured he was not going to email me back, after I remembered Johnny saying that the seller wanted to wait the auction out. So I emailed him back with an offer he could not possibly refuse. I figured the auction would reach at least $200, probably $300...and I seriously think it would have gone that high. So are you all ready for this...

I bought it for $300, not exactly cheap.

Of coarse the seller emailed me back right away after an offer like that. He said he had just received my email, but I think once he saw $300, his eyes lit up an he decided to sell. Could I have got it for $100, I don't know, maybe. But I think the second offer is what persuaded him. I have some extra cash right now, so I went for it. That should make everyone feel better about not getting it, knowing how much it was. I think its well worth it...how often does this figure show up in the condition he's in...close to never, and its only a number in my bank account. Heehee!

So that's what I paid for it. The seller said he would cover the shipping and insurance. He's on his way!

I hope knowing that it cost me $300 eases the pissed emotions, at least a little. Knowing that Taichi was gonna throw in a bid of $350, now makes me wonder how high that auction would have gone.

:woot:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:39 AM

Doc, my friend, I think that was a little too harsh.

But it is a valid point.

Here's my personal view.

I don't think Alex did anything wrong. I found the auction, offered the guy $75 for the guy (actually I offered to buy the whole lot of auctions, and added $75 to it for BHS). He declined, so I bid low, to try to snipe at the end.
Alex found out about it, and PM'd me (I'm sure he saw I was the high bidder at $1 at the time) He was ecstatic.
So I watched, Alex bid and was high bidder at $1.25, then a friend/customer of GodBeast was high bidder at $1.75, thean at 1PM pst, the auction was edited. 19 muscles, no more BHS. I knew that someone had offered him some high$$ amount for BHS ONLY. I figured it was Alex, but was worried that it may have been someone else.
I was pissed majorly. Not at Alex for sending the guy an offer, but at the guy, for changing his mind and selling. Now that I know how much Alex gave him for it, I can fully understand the guy changing his policy.
Alex paid out the arse for this figure.
I wasn't going to bid more that $150 for it anyways, and Alex's cost was WAY more than that. So, I don't feel cheated at all.
I do realize that there are other members here who may have seen it and were willing to spend more than $300 on it at auction. I am dissappointed that I didn't get to see it go the whole 10 days, but I have no ill feeling towards Alex for what he did.
Yes, I know there are others here who are pretty pissed at him, and all I ask, is in the course of your "discussing" this situation, that you keep it at some level of civility, and don't let it get to the level of simple name calling, etc. We are all older than that.
But yes, I can understand the sentiments on both side of the issue.

Alex, seeing the chance at the pinnalce of M.U.S.C.L.E. collecting, gave it his best shot.
Others, Doc, Taichi, etc feel cheated that they didn't even get a shot.

Duke it out guys, that's what this place is for, open community.
But PLEASE, keep it somewhat civil.

Oh, and pasvagrsvj, you'll never get any flack from me about sniping. Anymore, that is the only way to get an auction at a decent price.

#19 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:41 AM

I'd hate to say what everybody else is thinking but I am going to. I think that is pretty effing selfish personally. You are so concerned about having the "rarest" collection that you would cheat Johnny and the rest of us out of even having a chance? What pisses me off too is that this is not the first time you have done crap like this. You bid on the purple claw knowing it would make everybody mad, and the ONLY reason you won that bee-eye-itch was because Belig and myself swallowed our dream of having a complete set and did not bid. But having it was that important to you. Wierd how the last purple claw auction was closed early due to some dirtbag offering the seller money to close it early too. Sound familiar anyone? I too wanted to bid on this, but to be percetly honest, I was not going to bid if Johnny still had high dibs, because I think he deserves it more than I do. There are a couple people on this board that deseves it more, and YOU are not one of them you selfish eff.

And as far as that flaming post of yours goes Doc,

I'm just gonna stay cool on this. I don't want this to turn into a fire. I know many would have eventually contacted the seller as well, as soon as they saw this. You did the same thing with your Satancross 4-Pack back when it popped up on ebay in an auction for a bunch of Flesh 4-Packs.

And remember, I won the Purple Claw auction quite fairly, actually. No one bid because they chose not to becuase of the previous auction and a scumbag shill bidder. You could have won it, man. You just decided not to bid.

And eventually another auction with the Purple Claw popped up. Just like another Spinning Head Ashuraman, back in the day, and Blackhole Sunshine auction did and inevitably will again in time. There are more out there, the passage of time is what will allow them to surface.

Don't be pissed, remember it cost me a pretty penny as it would have in the end if I had waited out the auction. I was ready and willing to fork out over $500 for this, now that I think about it. But now that I have the two Super Rares, Spinning Head Ashuraman and Blackhole Sunshine, and even the Purple Hand, which I'm sure is not a Super Rare, I leave the rest of the taking for my fellow M.U.S.C.L.E. collectors. :D

Peace! :woot:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#20 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:50 AM

Alex found out about it, and PM'd me (I'm sure he saw I was the high bidder at $1 at the time) He was ecstatic.
So I watched, Alex bid and was high bidder at $1.25, then a friend/customer of GodBeast was high bidder at $1.75, thean at 1PM pst, the auction was edited. 19 muscles, no more BHS. I knew that someone had offered him some high$$ amount for BHS ONLY. I figured it was Alex, but was worried that it may have been someone else.

Actually, that guy who bid on the auction was the second bidder Johnny, and he was the one who outbid you. Check the times on the bid history. I bid on the 6th of March and he bid the night before on the 5th of March. I was not even going to bid until the end, and was waiting for someone to bid so it wouldn't be me that outbid you...out of respect for you, the discoverer. Once you were outbid, I secured my "place" as one of the first "finders" of this auction by placing my bid, which was only $1.75, I think. I was planning on sniping too. Heehee!

Anyways, just wanted to clarify. :woot:

:D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#21 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 10:19 AM

I bought it for $300, not exactly cheap.

:woot: HOLY CRAP!!! $300 for one MUSCLE?! Good lord...

I understand how everybody feels. I can't stand it when a seller ends an auction early, either. I will never end one of my auctions early. It's cheesy and it cheats everyone else out of a chance to win the auction.

But, screw it... it's part of Ebay. I'm not going to criticize Arforbes for doing something that Ebay allows. If it gets to the point where I really don't like Ebay's rules, then I won't use Ebay.

Anyway, Arforbes, send me some pics when you get the figure so I can put them on my site!

-Nathan

#22 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 10:25 AM

Anyway, Arforbes, send me some pics when you get the figure so I can put them on my site!

-Nathan

I definitley will Nathan. :D

I have some other pics of some of my collection that I forgot about too, like the poster and the MIB Ring. Maybe we can add these too. :woot:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#23 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 10:27 AM

Every time these rare things pop up, I begin beliving that I did have that Spinning Head Ashuraman when I was five...

I remembered I pulled the head off of one of my MUSCLES, and for some reason, I do remember changing the head of one of them around...

Now why did I actually throw away that headless figure? I don't remember... but I think I got a 10 pack or a MOTU figure out of it. :woot:
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#24 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 10:33 AM

Every time these rare things pop up, I begin beliving that I did have that Spinning Head Ashuraman when I was five...

I remembered I pulled the head off of one of my MUSCLES, and for some reason, I do remember changing the head of one of them around...

Now why did I actually throw away that headless figure? I don't remember... but I think I got a 10 pack or a MOTU figure out of it. :woot:

Are you serious?! B)

You may have had the fourth Spinning Head Ashuraman figure! That would suck if this is true. :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#25 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 07 March 2003 - 11:32 AM

I think it helps us feel better that you paid so much for the figure, because that way i know that even if the auction would have gone to completion im absolutely sure i wouldnt have come even close to winning so the outcome wouldnt have been any different. But i can definately understand where Doc is coming from with the animosity left over from the purple hand auctions. I think that me and doc sustained from bidding on the auction probably because we assumed that you would have spent an exorbitant amount to get it, and economically it doesnt help me or doc if we bid the price up, because the next one would go just as high. I think some of the feelings come from feeling like we had a certain "right" to the purple hand since we, especially me, have been going after a complete set of hands for years now, and here you come and kind of steal it out from under us. Im not saying these feelings are justified, but i think they are relevant and i think a certain respect for other collectors and their goals should exist in a community like this. For example, if i saw and auction with a purple or magenta sunshine #3, even though i also need those figures as it is one of my favorites, i would definately leave it to doc, since i know that is his absolute favorite figure, and he has been after them for longer than me. He has already tried to do the same thing for me with regards to the hands. In the long run, i think that that sense of community and altruistic behavior is better for all of us than completing your collection at any cost. Again, i am not denigrating your actions, but I would keep in mind what kind of consequences they could have on your fellow collectors.

At one point i basically blamed myself for my inability to obtain the last two hands. It may be egotistical, but it seemed that when i started asking everyone if they had purple or magenta hands, getting the colors of the hands or getting one figure in all the colors caught on (that may be a bit absurd, i know im not the first one to want one figure in all colors, but i sorely doubt that anyone on this board would have even known that purple or magenta hands were rare if had not talked about it so much myself, and as soon as two purple hands did pop up, they went for absurd amounts of money, a problem i had never had with the other six colors which i got before this board) . But reading what i just said above, i shouldnt have had to be concerned about others getting the same idea as me since i was so much more connected to it...

It seems to me that Johnny was the only one who had the right to try to contact the seller since he saw the auction before anyone had bid on it, I think that once somebody has bid on the auction it is just as bad for you to contact the seller to end the auction as it is for the seller to accept. You say that you know that eventually other figures will pop up and that patience will get you the figure eventually; and this is supposed to make us feel better, but to this point you have not once been patient yourself.

Just a few concepts and a different point of view to think about so that maybe you can see where some of the animosity is coming from.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com